Dining traditions, do you have any?

We always drop in on our old friend Sonny Eclipse.

That's our only established "tradition" other than our standard must do treats (dole whip, Mickey pretzel, etc.) We're always up for trying new things!

We always take the earliest flight possible on arrival day. Our first trip we stayed at theBoardwalk, so we walked over to the WS via the IG. it was roughly 11:30 and nearing lunch time, and walking in to the United Kingdom pavilion, we spotted the Yorkshire fish and chips. We were starving after traveling since 4 am. That was the best fish and chips we had ever had! And a tradition was born. No matter where we stay, on arrival day Epcot is our first park and fish and chips are our lunch!

We always have to have lunch/dinner at The Plaza on MSUSA in MK
Always a dinner at Teppan Edo.
Always lunch or dinner a few times at Lotus Blossom Cafe in EPCOT.

We don't have any traditions because we like to try new places every visit. We do repeat every once in awhile, I almost always have to have a Cobb Salad from HBD every trip (lately at the outside lounge) but it's not planned.

I think pretty much every trip we have taken has included a meal at Sci Fi in Hollywood Studios. It doesn't have to be on a certain day or anything--but just makes our trip "complete" to have a meal at Sci Fi.

The first morning is usually Chef Mickey’s for us, at some point I make us all go to Ohana breakfast for my Poly/Stitch fix. The benefit of being the planner is that your favorites always make it on the schedule.

Our tradition is to save a character breakfast for the day that we leave. We call it our "Boo-Hoo Breakfast". Then we usually ride the monorail resort loop around one last time before heading home. Gives us just a little more time to really enjoy the last of our vacation.:sad:

We also can't go to DW without a trip to Sci Fi. :P

We always arrive on our first day around noon. We check in, then head to the MK and our reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern. It has become a much anticipated tradition for us. We then have a few Fp's, wander around and enjoy the MK, then return to our resort to rest up after a long day of getting up at 3am for our flights.

2 years ago, we couldn't get an adr for LTT, and it just didn't "feel" right for our first day not to eat there!

I always book at least one character meal. Which one can vary but I have to do one. I also try to squeeze in Sanaa - love that place

Our tradition was always the character meal at LTT. That was our all-time favorite character meal experience. We have many really special memories from that and we miss it terribly.

For many of my childhood trips, we stayed at Beach Club, then Boardwalk after it opened. We always had Beaches and Cream on our arrival day until ESPN Club opened. Then we always went there for lunch or dinner to kick off the trip on our arrival day. This tradition has now fallen to the wayside, though. We joined DVC and have not stayed at the Epcot area resorts for a while.

Our sure thing traditions these days are all QS or snacks! We don’t have any TS that we MUST do. I love the idea of doing the same TS spot every time but nothing has really hit us as a must do lately. We do different TS every time.

Sunshine Seasons the night we arrive (typically visit Epcot on our first evening).

Plaza lunch on our departure day (typically a busy Saturday at MK and nice to get away from the craziness for 45 minutes before heading home).

Chef Mickey's first night's dinner -it's a perfect way to start the trip with the characters, Crystal Palace for breakfast, Biergarten for lunch, and Ohana for breakfast our last morning to see Stitch and one last Mickey hug.

Last year we were there on Mother's Day and we went to the California Grill Brunch, we are booked again this year for Mother's Day...a tradition in the making I hope :flower3:.

It used to be Biergarten but we want to try new things this coming trip. DH is of German descent and still has family there we communicate with regularly. He likes to feel like he's visiting Germany. Next year we will go to the real thing so no need to go to pretend Germany this year.

strange one but we always go to Animal Kingdom on our first full day and have lunch at Pizzafari! I think the pizzas may have changed since we last went (from the standard mini circular ones). Maybe a good excuse to move to flatter bbq!!!!

Our tradition has become Ohana on the night before our departure. But we also like to try something new on every trip and this trip it came down to Hoop-Dee-Doo or Cali Grill brunch and brunch won out. The reviews I've read have me very excited to try this.

We always eat at Ohana's twice. Once when my daughters mother and extended family go home and we eat there again a week later on our last night. It is my carnivore's favorite place to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter