Dinner at Cinderella Castle - big disappointment

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
Hi all. I am fairly new to Disboards, and it looks like a fun place to exchange ideas and stories. I am 32 years old and now have 2 kids of my own. I live in NY and have been to Disney World 25+ times. Usually we go down for about 8 days every year and stay at thh Polynesian. One of our favorite dinner spots was Cinderella Castle. The atmosphere and food was always great. Great Prime Rib and well worth the money. Well, things have definitley changed. They now have a pre-set menu to choose from and the food and service was terrible. Definitley not worth the money they charge. Apparently this change was made a few months ago. I'm not sure with the influx of dining plans, that maybe the food has suffered. All of our meals (4 adults and 2 kids) were terrible. The steaks were thin and fatty and the waiter was unpleasant. Even the kids meals were terrible -a small plate of noodles with nothing on them. Big disappointment at a place that used to serve one of the best meals in the parks. I definitely will not return to the castle for dinner.

You are not the only one. Unfortunately you didn't know in advance. I wonder how many other repeat visitors Disney has disenchanted with the changes at CRT. PLEASE, write/call and complain then maybe they will change things back. It worked for the Garden grill.

DisOrBust said:
You are not the only one. Unfortunately you didn't know in advance. I wonder how many other repeat visitors Disney has disenchanted with the changes at CRT. PLEASE, write/call and complain then maybe they will change things back. It worked for the Garden grill.

I did not know in advance, At CRT they told us, the menu was changed in June. Needless to say it was a big disappointment. we have since called to complain.

Thanks for the review. I agree with you about the new set menu. I wish they would bring back the old menu too. But as long as they have a full house every night I'm sure we won't be seeing the old menu anytime soon. :)

Glad I did not pick that place, going to 1900 Park Fare instead

We are also disapponted with the changes at CRT. CRT used to be a must for us on every trip to WDW (and we've been to WDW alot). We haven't been back since they changed lunch into a character meal two years ago. Now even dinner is a character "experience" and has a set menu. No thanks.

That is awful! I was hoping to have a romantic dinner with DH one day at the castle. I certainly won't be trying it now. :sad2:

The character dinner is somewhat lacking from what other have posted. The is no "real" character interaction at dinner.

Hi
All I want too say is that when my friend and I celebrate
her 25th birthday we expectite more than just a lousy cupcake and a firecracker :woohoo: :woohoo:

I even mentioned that it was her birthday so :furious:
It's seems like if one is an adult , one is beiing discriminated

So for you adults when you're plannig on celebrate one of
you birthdays.
Don't do it @ Cinderella's because they don't know what an adult birthday looks like,
and just go to Spoodels they do know how to party
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We were going to have DD's 4th birthday dinner there but after reading the reviews, I changed to 1900 Park Fare. I'm glad i switched.

We ate dinner there in early May, after the Feb changes that people were complaining about....and had a great dinner and service.

I had the crab and corn soup and the prime rib and instead of mashed potatoes asked for 'greens' and actually got the salad from the appetizer list.
I was a happy camper.

Can't believe they changed the menu again in June....but I'm sorry that you had a bad experience. It seems that food and service is becomming more erratic ...but I really enjoyed both food and service in May.

We have our Christmas dinner ADR for there! And they made me out my Credit Card to hold it. Now I am re-thinking it.
Any suggestions. I have DD9 and DC5 along with 2 seniors. Any suggestions?? They HATE buffets!

I just made ADRs for dinner there in January and I was thrilled until I came across this thread. Does anyone have anything positive to say? I can't find an updated menu. The last menu I can find is from May 2006. Please help, I was so excited to get this reservation!
Laura

I think it depends on what you are expecting. If you book the meal expecting to get autographs and pictures, you will be disappointed. If you go expecting the food/menu to be like the last time you were there 5 years ago, you might be disappointed...

but if you are informed know that its a quick "show" to watch.... and you like the menu (allearsnet.com) and you want to eat dinner in the castle, you will be fine!!

for autographs, princesses you need the breakfast or lunch time - and if you keep calling, times do become available - but its hard to call everyday (I know I did it!!) 90 days before or 88 days before times can open up...

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience...

I'm hoping to get an ADR for dinner at CRT. Although Cindy might be in the lobby, I don't think it's a character meal. Nevertheless, I've never been to Disney World and it's always been a lifelong dream of mine, and this is a once in a lifetime trip. As soon as I heard you could eat in Cinderella Castle I wanted to do it. I don't want to do it for the food, or the characters - but to eat in the Castle is a once in a lifetime experience, and I really want to do it!!

If anyone has a pretty recent menu (the one on all ears is april 2006) I would be really grateful :)

My family and I also prefer 1900 Park Fare to Cinderella's Royal Table as our dining experience with Cinderella!!

I had dinner at Cinderella's Castle on August 10, a week ago Thursday. I did know about the menu and the changes in advance, so I was prepared for the "new" experience.

Cinderella is now in the lobby only. You check in, wait in a line for a picture and autograph with Cinderella, then wait to be called to your table. I don't know if Cinderella spends more time with you if you find her in another location in the park, but it was about on par with the way the princesses have visited each table when we've been to a Princess breakfast in the castle or in Norway. In other words, not much personal time, but lots of opportunity to watch as she interacts with others!!!

Once we were seated, we had a choice of appetizer, entree and dessert. I had a delicious corn and crab chowder, then the prime rib and a chocolate mousse cake. I thought the food was very good - at least equal to the filet I used to order. Although I do miss my shrimp cocktail, the corn and crab chowder was delicious!!! And you can't go wrong with chocolate cake, either!!! The teen girls with me had the pasta vegetarian entree - a cheese tortollini, if I remember. They all said it was one of the best meals they had all week (and we ate table service six out of our seven nights.)

As far as the "show" is concerned, it was a little lame. The Fairy Godmother, Susy and Perla appeared briefly, posed for pictures with some, but not all, guests, and sang Bibbity Bobbity Boo with the guests.

It was expensive, but it was fun, and we'll probably do it again someday.

It's good to know that the dinner menu HASN"T changed since my dining experience in May. (see my post on page 1). When I read the first post, I couldn't imagine that they had changed the menu both in february and then again in june....My previous post might not be clear in that light....because I really enjoyed my dinner AND eating in the castle.

I think the major disappointment is for those who expect a 'show'. There is no show at dinner. What is different is that for your money,you get one large and two smaller photos of your group with Cindy and you get a nice lithograph of the castle. The thing is, a lot of people really don't want those things....and if you don't particularly care, you might resent 'paying' for them.

I just love eating in the castle and I have to say that I really enjoyed WISHES from 'inside out'. Years ago, I took my daughter there and someday I hope to take my grandchild there...and when I do I will probably do the character meal. But for now, for me, I would be happy to do dinner at the castle again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter