Dinner at Cinderella Castle - big disappointment

I am glad that people have postive things to say! I was absolutely thrilled to get ressies and can't wait to try it for myself in January!
Laura

Tiffer said:
We have our Christmas dinner ADR for there! And they made me out my Credit Card to hold it. Now I am re-thinking it.
Any suggestions. I have DD9 and DC5 along with 2 seniors. Any suggestions?? They HATE buffets!

Liberty Tree Tavern is a great place- for dinner it is a character meal, and traditional Thanksgiving meal is served. You might enjoy it there. I tried it for the first time ever last year and was really happy with it. Ressies might behard to come by for Christmas though!

Can anybody speak for or describe the character/princess interaction at the Castle for breakfast?

mickey0624 said:
Hi all. I am fairly new to Disboards, and it looks like a fun place to exchange ideas and stories. I am 32 years old and now have 2 kids of my own. I live in NY and have been to Disney World 25+ times. Usually we go down for about 8 days every year and stay at thh Polynesian. One of our favorite dinner spots was Cinderella Castle. The atmosphere and food was always great. Great Prime Rib and well worth the money. Well, things have definitley changed. They now have a pre-set menu to choose from and the food and service was terrible. Definitley not worth the money they charge. Apparently this change was made a few months ago. I'm not sure with the influx of dining plans, that maybe the food has suffered. All of our meals (4 adults and 2 kids) were terrible. The steaks were thin and fatty and the waiter was unpleasant. Even the kids meals were terrible -a small plate of noodles with nothing on them. Big disappointment at a place that used to serve one of the best meals in the parks. I definitely will not return to the castle for dinner.

My family really enjoyed a meal there a few years ago......it really surprised us! But I've been reading these horrible reviews on the boards recently and I'm so upset they changed the quality :(

We ate lunch there in February and really enjoyed it. No, Cinderella doesn't interact with you while you eat but lots of other princeses did. The food, I thought was good. My DH thought it was great. Eating in the castle is a fun experience. So much, I'm doing it again next month.

Just posted my review. We ate there last weekend for the first time. Although I can't compare with previous visits, it did seem expensive for the 'banquet' type food we got.

sharibrat said:
Can anybody speak for or describe the character/princess interaction at the Castle for breakfast?
HI SHARI! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD. MY MOM SPELLED MY NAME THE SAME WAY AND IT IS UNUSUAL TO SEE IT. VERY SELDOM I SEE SOMETHING WITH THE CORRECT SPELLING! LOL

Im eating there in Dec, but im going for the experience of eating in the castle not for the characters. Ive never been so im looking forward to trying it!

MINNIE OF TWO MICE said:
HI SHARI! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE THREAD. MY MOM SPELLED MY NAME THE SAME WAY AND IT IS UNUSUAL TO SEE IT. VERY SELDOM I SEE SOMETHING WITH THE CORRECT SPELLING! LOL

True, you don't see it spelled 'correctly' very often. But now do you SAY it correctly also? Mine is pronounced like it rhymes with Cherry. NOT like Shari Lewis. That drives me nuts.

sharibrat said:
True, you don't see it spelled 'correctly' very often. But now do you SAY it correctly also? Mine is pronounced like it rhymes with Cherry. NOT like Shari Lewis. That drives me nuts.
WE PRONOUNCE IT THE SAME WAY YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!

The food was AWESOME in our experince this week! We had Keir for a waitress and she is FANTASTIC!!! We had her one other time too. The view was AMAZING!!!! If you're an adult celebrating a special occasion, I'd recommend it.

But don't do it for character interaction....not good at all. That is where I'd pic somewhere different.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter