DIS Dads Brag Wall

It must be neat when your kids get old enough to do real things...right now the only accomplishment I can think of is if she would sleep through the whole night and lemme tell you THAT has never once happened..lol

It must be neat when your kids get old enough to do real things...right now the only accomplishment I can think of is if she would sleep through the whole night and lemme tell you THAT has never once happened..lol

Someday it will. I promise you!

Speaking of accomplishments that you look forward to being able to celebrate... I can't wait until I don't have to change DS's diapers. That's the next big one after sleeping through the night. :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

I spent my Fathers Day at a 3v3 soccer tournament. My DD's team, that I coach, has participated each of the last three years. Yesterday we came in second place in our age group. The team we ended up losing to, does not play regular season soccer, they only play in these tournaments. So we are very proud of our kids. In three years, we have medaled each year. The championship game went thru a 3 minute overtime and 2 rounds of penalty kick shoot-outs before we finally lost. It was a heck of way to lose, but we still have a great time. The kids asked me to find another one this summer. So the search begins...

Well it sounds like the kids enjoyed the experience even though they lost. that's a good thing!

We were in our regional pool tournament a couple weeks back and made it all the way through the weekend to the championship game on Sunday night before we lost. We were one rack away from a trip to Las Vegas.

It's frustrating but life goes on and you continue to play them game you enjoy. It's a good lesson for your kids to learn early. I'm glad they still want to continue the tournaments.

My older daughter hit three major childhood milestones in the last couple of weeks:

1. She learned to whistle.

2. She, on the second day of having a bike without training wheels, was riding it around the neighborhood.

3. She finished first grade

So, guys, there are some payoffs after all the sleep-deprived nights and diaper changes.

My older daughter hit three major childhood milestones in the last couple of weeks:

1. She learned to whistle.

2. She, on the second day of having a bike without training wheels, was riding it around the neighborhood.

3. She finished first grade

So, guys, there are some payoffs after all the sleep-deprived nights and diaper changes.

Like, when she puts her first baby in your arms and calls you Grandpa.

Today was the end of the first two week session of drama camp for The Bug. She's been begging to do this for two years, and she was finally old enough this year. The session started out very challenging for her - it was all about song and dance, and dance has been her week spot. And the camp is for 3rd-8th graders, so she's one of the youngest kids and the older, more experienced, campers intimidated her. Then, her frustration peaked when they did solo auditions, and she didn't get the solo she wanted.

But today was their showcase performance, and she ROCKED it! Her solo was excellent (and is it petty for me to note that the girls who did the solo she wanted but didn't get were flat?), and she nailed the dances. Sure, there were a couple of mis-steps here and there, but she covered them perfectly and didn't let them ruin the number for her or the group. I'm really, really proud of her for working through her fear and contributing an excellent performance.

Today was the end of the first two week session of drama camp for The Bug. She's been begging to do this for two years, and she was finally old enough this year. The session started out very challenging for her - it was all about song and dance, and dance has been her week spot. And the camp is for 3rd-8th graders, so she's one of the youngest kids and the older, more experienced, campers intimidated her. Then, her frustration peaked when they did solo auditions, and she didn't get the solo she wanted.

But today was their showcase performance, and she ROCKED it! Her solo was excellent (and is it petty for me to note that the girls who did the solo she wanted but didn't get were flat?), and she nailed the dances. Sure, there were a couple of mis-steps here and there, but she covered them perfectly and didn't let them ruin the number for her or the group. I'm really, really proud of her for working through her fear and contributing an excellent performance.

Way to go Bug!!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations! I have 4 girls 22, 17, 14' and 11, and all have been very involved with theatre and the performing arts, and it has proven to be an excellent character building pass time to say the least. Getting your kids over the difficulty of public performance, and getting them involved with a great bunch of kids as far as being accepting of all types. I couldn't imagine having my kids grow up outside of the theatre.

I posted on this thread a while ago, and couldn't fine it again untill now. Good to hear from some other DDads.

my baby girl Marissa got her first horse show ribbon today (7/9/11) in English grooming & showmanship :cheer2:
she just started showing three months ago with a horse that was a stud for five years , he's never done shows and doesn't know anything ( he's only bin broke now for eight months and you can barely ride him ) its a seventh place ribbon but its a start

271080_1700911817678_1684424563_1151422_4825790_n1.jpg

I want to brag on My DS who is 9 and just earned his blackbelt in Karate amd also my DS who is 5 and did a 3 mile bike ride with out complaning to much at the end

:tigger: Me:tink: DW:darth:DS(9):mickeyjumDS(5)

DS and DD both went off the diving board at the end of swimming lessons this week! Older than most kids, but they only get to swim once a year usually so this is quite and accomplishment for them.

First off - CONGRATS to all the kids for their recent accomplishments.

My two recently made it thru there first belt tests in Goshin Ryu Ju Jitsu. They both tested for their yellow belts in just 7 weeks, attending two sessions per week. As you can see below, they were both successful in their first attempt. Here they are with Master Kevin Dillon.

yellow_belts.jpg

First off - CONGRATS to all the kids for their recent accomplishments.

My two recently made it thru there first belt tests in Goshin Ryu Ju Jitsu. They both tested for their yellow belts in just 7 weeks, attending two sessions per week. As you can see below, they were both successful in their first attempt. Here they are with Master Kevin Dillon.

yellow_belts.jpg

Impressive :darth:

Oh… and congrats to your “younglings”

Well my little guy is now working on Stairway to Heaven for his fall recital. He is doing well but his teacher is making him "pick" the intro part and since this is his first experience picking its a bit difficult for him.

Anybody else have any proud moments lately?

on another note, should we start another thread titled "I can't believe my kid just..."? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter