1) Honor Roll All 4 Quarters
2) A-B Honor Roll 4th Quarter
3) Certificate for Score of 90% or Higher on Science EOG
4) Certificate of Love & Passion for Reading
5) Excellence in Science Award
6) 100% Homework Completion Certificate
7) President's Award For Educational Excellence signed by President Barak Obama

Yes I'm a proud daddy!!!! :woohoo:

Two soccer games. My child scored a goal in each game. Next week's team will be the test.

My daughter, Rachel (13 years old) will be opening the Blues show three weeks from TONIGHT at the House of Blues in Orlando at 8 PM with a thirty minute set. If you are going to be in the area, come on over and hear a great show! Here is the video that started it all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO7BVuVkNDY

I'm proud but a little annoyed as well. DS just took 1st place in his division for junior Bible quizzing for the second month in a row. Sad thing is he didn't work hard enough to deserve it. Between school and this all he has learned this year is that he can do as little as SWMBO will let him get away with, cram a bit and still do very well in life. Not a lesson I want him to learn. I'm not in a hurry for him to grow up, but there is a Civil Air Patrol squadron relatively close that I will have him try out when he is old enough. He needs something to challenge him before he learns the wrong lessons in life.

My oldest son is finishing up his Music Education degree, with only student teaching next semester. He was salutatorian when he graduated from high school, and he has a 3.6 GPA in college. We are very proud of him! Right before Thanksgiving we attended his Senior recital (he plays trumpet like his dad lol) and he did great!

Will

One for DD today, no more training wheels! The last set of training wheels in the family came off today never to be seen again. She was much easier to teach than her brother and is loving having two wheels. Next stop drivers license. She wants a Harley like Poppy (my dad).:thumbsup2

My oldest son is finishing up his Music Education degree, with only student teaching next semester. He was salutatorian when he graduated from high school, and he has a 3.6 GPA in college. We are very proud of him! Right before Thanksgiving we attended his Senior recital (he plays trumpet like his dad lol) and he did great!

Will

Good for him and a great instrument! I played years ago and learned from my dad.

Nutcracker-JoleeandCharly.jpg

My dds in the Nutcracker. My oldest was a clown and the youngest was a micette. For those of you that have seen the production, my youngest was in the fight scene between the Rat King and the Nutcracker. My oldest was part of the clown group that did there part as well as provide entertainment during change time for other country scenes. This was their best year of performances.

Nutcracker-JoleeandCharly.jpg

My dds in the Nutcracker. My oldest was a clown and the youngest was a micette. For those of you that have seen the production, my youngest was in the fight scene between the Rat King and the Nutcracker. My oldest was part of the clown group that did there part as well as provide entertainment during change time for other country scenes. This was their best year of performances.

Great picture Norm!

I'll brag again. My little Brownie sold 201 boxes of Girl Scout cookies her first year out! Interestingly, the preferred cookies in this part of the world are the Carmel Delights and Peanut Butter Patties. :confused3

Bragging ownage.

I'll brag again. My little Brownie sold 201 boxes of Girl Scout cookies her first year out! Interestingly, the preferred cookies in this part of the world are the Carmel Delights and Peanut Butter Patties. :confused3

It's the first brag post of 2012. And, it took awhile. Congrats to the little pusher, ...er um... top seller.

Well, I am a few minutes late and it isn't about my children but, my wife and I had our eighteenth wedding anniversary yesterday. I was unable to be home to celebrate but, I plan to make up for it when I get home.

My brag for today - our congregation has a Chili Cook-Off every year (it's a fundraiser for youth programs). I used to enter every year. Last year, I was out of town until just before the cook-off, so I missed it. On the way home, The Bug announced that she was going to enter on her own next time. I reminded her that she didn't like chili, and she answered that she was going to come up with something different -- a dessert chili.

So tonight was put up or shut up time, and she pulled it off big time. She won both Best Under 21 Chili AND Best Overall Chili. DW helped her with some things (they made pudding and cake from scratch for it, and The Bug doesn't get to use the stove by herself yet). But all of the decisions were The Bug's - she even rejected a couple of my suggestions.

I'm pretty proud of DW too. She sold a bunch of food items in the silent auction - a custom birthday cake, a made-to-order cheesecake, and (working with a friend) a dozen chocolate babka. Her entries earned about $300 for youth programs, all by themselves!

Just got back from a long (driving through west Texas is kinda...well...long) trip to San Antonio. We were there to watch my son graduate from Air Force basic training. 3rd generation Air Force...proud to see another Airman Meyer. He heads off to Keesler AFB for tech school next. He starts out as an A1C...they gave him 1 stripe for being an Eagle Scout and another for over 60 hours of college credit. Plans to finish his degree and try for Officer Training School. Been a long time...I was at OTS almost 23 years ago. Time flies.

My brag for today - our congregation has a Chili Cook-Off every year (it's a fundraiser for youth programs). I used to enter every year. Last year, I was out of town until just before the cook-off, so I missed it. On the way home, The Bug announced that she was going to enter on her own next time. I reminded her that she didn't like chili, and she answered that she was going to come up with something different -- a dessert chili.

So tonight was put up or shut up time, and she pulled it off big time. She won both Best Under 21 Chili AND Best Overall Chili. DW helped her with some things (they made pudding and cake from scratch for it, and The Bug doesn't get to use the stove by herself yet). But all of the decisions were The Bug's - she even rejected a couple of my suggestions.

I'm pretty proud of DW too. She sold a bunch of food items in the silent auction - a custom birthday cake, a made-to-order cheesecake, and (working with a friend) a dozen chocolate babka. Her entries earned about $300 for youth programs, all by themselves!

Congrats to the Bug and DW :thumbsup2

Just got back from a long (driving through west Texas is kinda...well...long) trip to San Antonio. We were there to watch my son graduate from Air Force basic training. 3rd generation Air Force...proud to see another Airman Meyer. He heads off to Keesler AFB for tech school next. He starts out as an A1C...they gave him 1 stripe for being an Eagle Scout and another for over 60 hours of college credit. Plans to finish his degree and try for Officer Training School. Been a long time...I was at OTS almost 23 years ago. Time flies.

We thank him for his commitment and service :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Way to go Bug! :yay: And a Good Job by your DW, Aaron!

Congrats on your son's graduation Jimbo! You must be very proud! :thumbsup2

Well, I am a few minutes late and it isn't about my children but, my wife and I had our eighteenth wedding anniversary yesterday. I was unable to be home to celebrate but, I plan to make up for it when I get home.

That's a big congratulations. A great accomplishment.

My brag for today -So tonight was put up or shut up time, and she pulled it off big time. She won both Best Under 21 Chili AND Best Overall Chili. DW helped her with some things (they made pudding and cake from scratch for it, and The Bug doesn't get to use the stove by herself yet). But all of the decisions were The Bug's - she even rejected a couple of my suggestions.

Congrats on the awart and the fundraising.

Congrats on the graduation and service.

Hi Greg! :wave2:

Happy Anniversary!

Congratulations! That is an accomplishment these days.

Way to go Bug and Bug's Mom!

Thank him (and you) for the service on behalf of me and mine. Freedom isn't free.

Awesome job! I love Chili cook offs though I have never competed but I do make a much adored cocoa chili. Never thought about a dessert chili though, that is interesting very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter