Dis Exclusive July Backstage Magic Adventure 7/6-7/11 Sold Out

I checked the current schedule for the Hollywood Bowl, nothing on the 5th. Not sure Steve Martin and this group are my cup of tea. Might see what else is going on in LA that night.

Kim

While I'm sure it would be a fine performance, I've never listened to Steve Martin's music.

Looking forward to the next 6 months of planning :)

Alicia

Kevin and Glenda, welcome to our adventure. As soon as those February people get out of the way, we can start chatting on Thursdays.

Will I be having any ECV companions this trip? Given the state of my knee, I don't think I will be able to handle DLR without it. ECV races anyone? :rotfl2:

Kim

Will I be having any ECV companions this trip? Given the state of my knee, I don't think I will be able to handle DLR without it. ECV races anyone? :rotfl2:

Kim

LOL on the ECV Races. My mom is contemplating it for the DL part due to the extra walking. It's also really reasonable for four days at DL (A little over $100). She wants to do more with how much smaller the whole area is and that we've only done one day at DL ever.

Kim

I'm going to see how it goes this time. I have a torn tendon in my left foot / ankle and it was a challenge doing the DLR part of the BSM tour last October. I think it affected my enjoyment of that part of the tour, too. :sad2: I actually did rent one for the 4 days after the tour was over since I was in so much pain. I did OK for the Hollywood part of the tour, though. I hate to have to need one since I'm so used to doing long distance hiking ( in the past ) and being so active, but we'll see.

Yes, the price of the ECV's that are arranged at GC are a pretty good deal and they have them right there.

I'm going to see how it goes this time. I have a torn tendon in my left foot / ankle and it was a challenge doing the DLR part of the BSM tour last October. I think it affected my enjoyment of that part of the tour, too. :sad2: I actually did rent one for the 4 days after the tour was over since I was in so much pain. I did OK for the Hollywood part of the tour, though. I hate to have to need one since I'm so used to doing long distance hiking ( in the past ) and being so active, but we'll see.

Yes, the price of the ECV's that are arranged at GC are a pretty good deal and they have them right there.

I will be working on a walking regimen when the weather warms up a bit. Hopefully the asthma won't get in the way.

What are the ECVs that can be rented at GC? I used an off site service last time and planned on using one again. It was waiting for me (and Kevin's was there too) when we arrived the first evening at DLR. I will be keeping it thru the following Monday.

Kim

I will be working on a walking regimen when the weather warms up a bit. Hopefully the asthma won't get in the way.

What are the ECVs that can be rented at GC? I used an off site service last time and planned on using one again. It was waiting for me (and Kevin's was there too) when we arrived the first evening at DLR. I will be keeping it thru the following Monday.

Kim

I just checked my files from last October. The receipt doesn't mention the brand, but the company that provides them to GC is Deckert Surgical. If you arrange for the scooter after your arrival, the GC front desk gives you the phone number to provide all your info directly to Deckert and then the staff rolls out the scooter right there. If I knew for sure that I was renting one, before I left for the trip, I would arrange for it ahead, though. I have the direct number for Deckert, on my receipt, if anyone needs it.

The one I rented was a small one like those provided by the companies approved by WDW. They're a lot more comfortable than renting one of the ones from the Parks which are big and you have to lean forward to reach the bar to steer it!

If I would take the time for an ankle reconstruction, I wouldn't need to use an ECV, but I really can't take that much time off from work, plus there is no way I would do it in this weather……I'd never get out…LOL!

Noticed that on the website of Loews Hotels. Wi-FI is now free in the hotel rooms. This should help those who carry IPADs or Kindle Fire's with them.

Since I'm spending a few days at DisneyLand after our tour, I'm trying to decide on some places to eat. I have several in mind, Cafe Orleans, Ralph Brennan's, Blue Bayou (to see POTC) Carnation Cafe and maybe a character meal or two.

Anyone else thinking of other places to eat?

Kim

Since I'm spending a few days at DisneyLand after our tour, I'm trying to decide on some places to eat. I have several in mind, Cafe Orleans, Ralph Brennan's, Blue Bayou (to see POTC) Carnation Cafe and maybe a character meal or two.

Anyone else thinking of other places to eat?

Kim

My BFF talked me into a corn dog at the Corn Dog Castle in DCA when we were there in December. It was delicious!! DD and I have already decided we are having a corn dog every DLR trip we do. In addition to the churros, Mickey Ice Cream bars, Dole Whips, Red's Apple Freeze, Cafe Orleans gumbo and beignets…oh my gosh, I am so hungry now. About 5-10 minutes away from DLR is an In-n-Out Burger which is always a stop for us.

For a character meal, I like the array of characters that you can generally find at the Plaza Inn Minnie and Friends breakfast. The buffet itself is average. I'm not sure if this is one of the places we'll have breakfast at via ABD or not?

The Pacific Wharf Cafe at DCA has fresh sourdough bread bowls that they serve yummy soup in.

I had one of those corn dogs last time. They were really good. I saw pictures of Mickey shaped sour dough. I might need to get a loaf for snacking.

Kim

When I'm at DCA I love to grab a glass of wine from the wine bar then eat either soup or salad in a bread bowl from Boudin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter