Dis Meet for New England/MA/Greater Boston

dadschum

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this is not posted in the right place.

Anyone from New England, MA, Greater Boston interested in a Dis Meet. I live a few miles North of Boston and would love to get together with other like minded folks to satisfy my interest between trips. I went to Disney with friends in December but they have gone onto their other lives now that we have returned and I am much more Disney obsessed.

Never organized one of these before so no idea what it entails but would be happy to do so.

Any locale will work so that we can gather as many interested folks as possible but greater Boston within 128 and north of Boston is preferable to me. But really it is all about talking about Disney so anywhere is fine.

Please post if you are interested and where, general terms is ok, you are located. If I have enough interested folks I can narrow down a place that suits most people.

Anyone else organize one of these in the past? What does a Dis meet entail anyway?

Thanks folks!

Sounds fun i may be in depending where! I am in CT but on the MA line and grew up in MA

I see you are from Barre!! i grew up in ma in grafton!!

Hi from Central MA! :wave2:
I have a friend who lives in Grafton now. Nice town! I grew up in Mansfield but since then have lived in metrowest and central MA.
It would be great if we got a little group together sometime for a dismeet!

never been to one or organized one but it sounds like fun. I live in NH but am in MA on weekends, north of Boston exit 56 off 95.

:thumbsup2 Haven't been to one in many years. Interested. :thumbsup2

OH, we've had some pretty interesting Mass meets in the past. We've had some in Boston, as well as some further out. We even had one at Canobie Lake Park once. We've done Duck Tours together, we've gone to a nightclub, we've caused havoc and mayhem all over the place!!

I would be interested depending on timing. I'm not from Mass though... would a Mainer be welcome?

Sue Ellen - of course a Mainer would be welcome. Come one come all. Just need to arrange a time and a place convenient for most folks.

Goofy and anyone else who has attended a Dis Meet in the New England area - tell me more, please, about past meets.

When was the last one held?

How frequently?

What kind of attendance do these gather? Who and how many?

Where have they been held?

Is there a plan for them or is it just show up somewhere - a bar, restaurant etc and we meet, chat, eat, drink?

What were some of them like and what would you do to make a Dis meet fun, interesting, better than those you've attended in the past

For anyone else interested - what would constitute a good Dis Meet? What would it entail for you to say "Gee I had a really good time and would like to do that again."

It's not like I like to plan or anything, really....:)

I'm in Mystic, CT but my sister lives in Ashland so I can stay there after. Would love to be included in the plans. I have only helped with a DIS meet on a cruise so our options where easier on where and when. What month are we talking . . . April/May?

I'm in Mystic, CT but my sister lives in Ashland so I can stay there after. Would love to be included in the plans. I have only helped with a DIS meet on a cruise so our options where easier on where and when. What month are we talking . . . April/May?

WE LOVE Mystic and go to the aquarium all the time!

Various people have planned different meets. I checked in at one a few years ago that was held at the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury. Everyone met up at a Red Robin there.
Then, as I said, we had one in Boston where we got together and had lunch at a cafeteria style spot then walked over to do a Duck Tour. There was a meet one summer up in NH, at Canobie Lake Park. Another time we met up at Jake Ivory's down by Fenway.
I think the first meet I did was many years ago..maybe 8 or so..where we met up in Boston, Fanuil Hall Marketplace. Then walked around looking at the specially decorated Mickeys that were touring the country at that time. We walked over to the Aquarium as a group.
We once ate at Fire and Ice and then walked over to the Common/Public Gardens and rode the Swan Boats as a group...took over two different boats. Felt badly for those not with the DIS group on those boats!!!

You just have to decide when and where you want to meet. Choose a spot that is going to be central to the most people. Ask what everyone would like to do. If you make it in Boston, it's a good idea to wait for the nicer weather to arrive. You can just plan on eating someplace..but pick an offtime so as to avoid huge crowds. One person should be the planner...they should be the one to make any reservations and maintain lists.

The meets are a ton of fun, and it's always wonderful to put some faces to the DIS screennames we see everyday. You can always go over to the DIS Meets area on the boards and see now others are running their meets.

CTmommy - I live about a mile from the Aquarium and about a block from the Seaport. Great place to live and visit!

goofy4tink - excellent advice - thanks

dadschum - are you willing to take this on?

Various people have planned different meets. I checked in at one a few years ago that was held at the Shoppes at Blackstone Valley in Millbury. Everyone met up at a Red Robin there.
Then, as I said, we had one in Boston where we got together and had lunch at a cafeteria style spot then walked over to do a Duck Tour. There was a meet one summer up in NH, at Canobie Lake Park. Another time we met up at Jake Ivory's down by Fenway.
I think the first meet I did was many years ago..maybe 8 or so..where we met up in Boston, Fanuil Hall Marketplace. Then walked around looking at the specially decorated Mickeys that were touring the country at that time. We walked over to the Aquarium as a group.
We once ate at Fire and Ice and then walked over to the Common/Public Gardens and rode the Swan Boats as a group...took over two different boats. Felt badly for those not with the DIS group on those boats!!!

You just have to decide when and where you want to meet. Choose a spot that is going to be central to the most people. Ask what everyone would like to do. If you make it in Boston, it's a good idea to wait for the nicer weather to arrive. You can just plan on eating someplace..but pick an offtime so as to avoid huge crowds. One person should be the planner...they should be the one to make any reservations and maintain lists.

The meets are a ton of fun, and it's always wonderful to put some faces to the DIS screennames we see everyday. You can always go over to the DIS Meets area on the boards and see now others are running their meets.
I so wish i knew about them then when it was at the Millbury plaza! I am so close to that and go every week!

I so wish i knew about them then when it was at the Millbury plaza! I am so close to that and go every week!
The beautiful 'shops at Mt Millbury'!!! That's what we call it at our house!!

I am happy to take this on. Think I will wander over to the DisMeet board and see what kind of meets people arrange and post something over there to see if anyone is interested.

This could go 2 ways or a little of both

1. Just a meal so folks have a chance to meet and talk Disney and talk about anything else that suits their fancy

2. Planned around an activity like the Duck Tours, Swan Boats, Canobie, but if you are spending your time "doing" then we are not chatting quite so much, or at a place like Canobie Lake it's hard to travel in a pack because everyone has different interests in rides etc at an amusement park.

3. A little of both, a planned meal somewhere to be preceeded or followed by an activity.

Depending on who is interested and from where. it might be best to wait for slightly warmer weather, unless it just involves a meal somewhere sometime.

May have to consider a few polls to see where the best place to meet is geographically and to get an idea of what people would like to do and when, day, time of day, month etc folks would prefer.

But yeah I will take it on. Let's see where this goes.

Thoughts?

I think meeting up for a meal someplace would be nice for the first meeting, cause like OP said, that would actually give us a chance to chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter