DIS-Meet Junior – June 2014 Girls Trip ~ Updated 1/21: See Ya Real Soon!

Dugette

DIS Veteran
Welcome friends! For those who like nostalgia, you’ve come to the right trip report! :goodvibes Back in the summer of 2014, two DIS-ers (myself and @Imagineer5) and their two toddlers decided, rather spontaneously, to take a trip together (to ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for the first time :cool1:). Well, not to spoil the ending, but it worked out rather well and we are reuniting at WDW again this December (2016) with our now-preschoolers, her new 1 year old, and my DH (@Dug). :woohoo:

Both of us have taken enough Disney trips in the meantime to keep us backlogged on writing trip reports, but I really hope to get this one out there before we go back again. It’s been over 2 years, so we don’t necessarily remember every detail, but there is so much cuteness involved that it’s worth revisiting. :cutie:

As a bonus, we’ll throw in some pre-trip report planning for our upcoming trip as well. We leave in early December, so a lot of things are more-or-less set, but Disney likes to be tricky and make last-minute changes lately, so you’ll get to follow along on that fun, I’m sure. :rolleyes:

We’ll both be posting updates on this report, so I’ll link all of them up here in the table of contents. Oh, also, I want to give credit to Lauren for most of the good photos. I was just using my cell phone, but she was using her nice camera and took a lot of great shots! :thumbsup2

And now for some intros, for those that don’t yet know us. I’m “Dugette”, my DH is “Dug”, and our newly 4-year-old DD is Izzy. We are all big Disney fans (though Dug wasn't on this Girls Trip):

That photo is actually from 2014, to go with this 2014 TR! We haven’t changed that much, but Izzy’s doubled her age, so here’s a picture of her (and Kitty) the other day:

Imagineer5 is otherwise known as Lauren and her daughter Aria was 2 on this trip:

Since time has gone by, though, her family has grown. She now has a second daughter, Maya, that is rapidly approaching her first birthday. :cake: AND she and her DH Andrew are expecting a 3rd little princess next April! princess: An updated picture of her and the girls:

I hope you’ll join us as we recount all the fun of our Girls Trip! :goodvibes

Chapters

Tuesday, June 10, 2014
Dugette & Izzy's Travel Day
Lauren & Aria's Travel Day

1900 Park Fare Dinner - Part 1
1900 Park Fare Dinner - Part 2
And the Rain, Rain, Rain Came Down, Down, Down
Princesses and Dwarfs
MSEP & Wishes

Wednesday, June 11, 2014
Pre-Park Opening Photopass Mania
Crystal Palace & Fantasyland
Fun in Fantasyland & Pixie Hollow
Around the World with Letters
Extra Photos & Duffy Video
Garden Grill Dinner - Part 1
Garden Grill Dinner - Part 2
Evening at Epcot
A Few More Epcot Pics

Thursday, June 12, 2014
On Safari
Dinosaur Photopass
Baby Donald Visits Tusker House
"Scary" Things in MK
'Ohana Dinner
A Few Extra Pictures
Cute Toddler Stuff
Tusker House Videos

Friday, June 13, 2014
Cape May Breakfast
Lauren & Aria Head Home
See Ya Real Soon!

Pre-Trip Planning for December 2016
1 Month From Today - Arrival & Outfits
1 Month From Today! - Day One at DHS

1 Month From Today! - Day Two at Epcot/DS
1 Month From Today! - Day Three at MK
1 Month From Today! - Day Four at MK and AK
1 Month From Today! - Day Five at MK Again
1 Month From Today! - Day Six at Epcot & Departure

Dining Details - Part 1
Dining Details - Part 2

Magic Bands
One Week From Today - Dec. 7th

Last edited:
Dugette and Izzy’s Travel Day

So, I live in Minnesota and Lauren lives in Massachusetts, so we were flying in separately and meeting up at MCO. However, she had an earlier flight (and also an earlier time zone), so she would be arriving a few hours before we did. The plan was for her to rent a car, check into the condo we’d be sharing, do some swimming, then head back to the airport to pick us up. (Yes, we were trying to do this on the cheap by sharing one rental car…an economy car! :eek: :laughing:) I’ll just cover our travel time and let her cover theirs.

So, my day started off at sunrise, letting our dog Bailey outside:

Beautiful start to the day! (Yes, that really was the view in front of our house! :cloud9:)

We left home around 6:45am. Dug drove us to the airport and we listened to the Four Parks, One World soundtrack on the drive (about 35 minutes or so to MSP). Love that soundtrack - I think I need to start listening to it/playing it to Izzy again! :lovestruc

We arrived and I got Izzy in the Ergo carrier so that I could use her stroller as a transportation device for the carseat and our carry-on items:

I also had one checked bag (free with my Delta AmEx), so I packed everything I could in there. Well, it turned out that I’d really crammed things in and it weighed in at 52 pounds. :faint: Since it was only 2 pounds over the limit, they let it slide. Whew! :cool1:

Lauren and Aria were already well into their flight by this time. It was about 7:30am as I approached security. I was ushered through a family boarding line and everything went pretty smoothly. I had been nervous about travelling alone with a 21-month-old, carseat, stroller, etc., but it wasn’t too bad. I remember debating if I would/could/should keep wearing her through security and I believe they let me, which made it a lot easier to manage everything.

Since we were doing quite well on time, I brought us over to French Meadow Bakery to enjoy some breakfast before our flight:

Looks like Izzy enjoyed a pouch and some milk and maybe some muffin? And I appear to have a tasty croissant. Again, good start to the morning! :thumbsup2

After eating, we headed to the gate. I’m guessing I probably stopped to change her diaper or something. I know I had to go up to the gate agent desk to inquire about open seats for Izzy’s carseat. She was flying as a lap baby, since she was still under two, so I only had bought a ticket for myself. However, with Delta, you can inquire about open seats and – if they have one – they can often put you next to it. We had about 50/50 success on getting a seat on all of our lap baby flights. Intially, they told me no, so I thought I was going to have to gate check the carseat, but then they changed their minds and ended up assigning my seat next to an open one – yay! :woohoo:

The hardest part of the flight was waiting in that crowded gate area and managing everything by myself. I had to collapse the stroller, put it in the gate check bag (while watching a toddler), then carry the stroller, the carseat, our bag, and Izzy onto the plane. I wore Izzy in the Ergo and put one bag over each shoulder and held the carseat. It worked out, but not the easiest stunt. :scared: I was happy to deposit the stroller at the bottom of the jetway as we boarded.

Izzy spent some of the flight watching Frozen on the iPad, which was great:

Interestingly, as much as Izzy has changed since then, this has not changed. She STILL watches Frozen on the old iPad on all flights. (The iPad is so old – 1st gen – that the only movie it can fit is Frozen :laughing:).

My notes indicate there were incidents of, “No, mine!” I no longer recall what was going on, but if you’ve ever been around a toddler, I’m sure you can come up with something. ;)

As is tradition on all my flights since becoming a parent, the kid sitting in front of me reclined, giving me even less room to reach Izzy’s things below the seat :headache: :

By this time, Lauren and Aria were on the mini-monorail at MCO. We still had quite a bit of flying time left. Izzy started unplugging her headphones repeatedly, so we moved on to something else.

I guess the flight attendant came around with snacks, so we enjoyed some airline pretzels. Snacks are always a good toddler travel activity!

After that, Izzy played with her favorite Ariel Duplo and the few other preferred pieces I’d brought along:

I believe she created an airplane for Ariel and was flying her around. Sounds about right – this kid is ALWAYS building things. (In her bath last night, she built a floating castle out of bubbles!)

While we were passing the time in the air, Aria and Lauren were enjoying the nice swimming pool at the condo. :cloud9: After their swim, they headed back to MCO for us and Aria fell asleep on the way (her naptime).

I was happy to finally arrive and catch a glimpse of the mini-monorail station:

Soon, we were on:

Lauren was waiting in the cell phone lot for us. Once we’d picked up my bag, she pulled around in our tiny red car :car: and we got loaded up. Oh, and we also MET. :rotfl2: We'd known each other for a long time through our trip reports, but this was the first time we’d even talked (we’d texted and messaged to plan the trip). But, being in an airport pick-up area, there wasn’t a lot of time for greetings – we had to get a carseat installed and cram a stroller and luggage in back, then get on the road. :hyper:

Aria stayed asleep as I got Izzy’s seat (and Izzy) in:

We headed to our grocery stop at Target in the pouring rain

Get used to pouring rain on this trip. :sad2: Between the rain and sleeping Aria (I can’t remember if Izzy slept too?), it didn’t make sense to all go inside. Instead, Lauren dropped me off at the door and I ran in to get our milk, water, and whatever other supplies that I no longer recall. Probably some pouches, snacks, etc.

As I speed-shopped, I remember thinking that my mother-in-law would never let me hear the end of it if she knew that I’d left Izzy in a car with someone I had literally just met that day. :scared1: But, as you know, there was nothing to be concerned about. :goodvibes Seriously, though, don’t EVER tell my MIL about this. :ssst:

Soon, we arrived at our condo at the Silver Lake Resort. Lauren had scored a deal on this through her government travel website, so we had a 2 bed, 2 bath condo for super cheap. Plus, it’s right by Animal Kingdom Lodge and just next to Disney property, so doesn’t feel like it’s really offsite. We had a great stay here:

Main bedroom and master bath (Lauren and Aria):

Full kitchen:

This was a lock-off style unit, so when you look back toward the front door/entryway, my bed/bath is on the right:

Kitchenette, my bedroom, patio:

Aria was ready to go:

I got Izzy changed, packed up our park bag, and we headed out. The girls were adorable running down the hall together in their little ruffle skirts :lovestruc :

We were soon heading onto Disney property:

We quickly arrived at the Grand Floridian, excited about our dinner at 1900 Park Fare.

Up next: Lauren and Aria's travel day, then dinner with royalty.

Fitting I should be first <3 thank you for taking the lead on this, Dugette!! So excited to go back through the memories from the trip! AND EVEN MORE excited to bring the girls back together again in just over a month!

she pulled around in our tiny red car :car: and we got loaded up.

My goodness that was the smallest car EVER and I used to own a MINI Cooper! lol!

Oh, and we also MET.

hahahahhaha

As I speed-shopped, I remember thinking that my mother-in-law would never let me hear the end of it if she knew that I’d left Izzy in a car with someone I had literally just met that day. :scared1: But, as you know, there was nothing to be concerned about. :goodvibes Seriously, though, don’t EVER tell my MIL about this.

SO TRUE! OMG! Pretty hilarious, 30 minutes after meeting. I feel like Izzy was asleep, and I *might* have taken a photo, but memory is fuzzy and I still need to go through pics tonight. There was a reason you didn't bring her though so I feel like she fell asleep seeing Aria asleep. It seriously DOWNPOURED though, def remember that!

Yay! I'm so glad you guys decided to go back and do this. I remember reading your trip reports when you were planning and taking this trip. Now we get to go back and hear (read) all about it

How fun to meet fellow Diser's and take a trip together! The girls look so cute in their ruffled skirts <3 Anxious to see how dinner was :)

joining in! Glad to see you are still doing this trip report and will be neat to see your comments about planning the upcoming trip and how that compares to how you did things on this trip

Actually getting on to the plane is really the hardest part - glad it went ok and glad they found an empty seat for you

Just tell you MiL - "it's ok, we met on the internet ... what could go wrong?!?!?!?" ;)

We stayed once at Silver Lake and I really liked it - everything is nice and clean and big - the pools were nice (we stayed by the zero entry one) and the location is great!

Fitting I should be first <3 thank you for taking the lead on this, Dugette!! So excited to go back through the memories from the trip! AND EVEN MORE excited to bring the girls back together again in just over a month!
Ditto all of that! :goodvibes Looking back at this fun should be a good way to pass the time until we are back there having more fun.

My goodness that was the smallest car EVER and I used to own a MINI Cooper! lol!
:rotfl: It was tiny! Especially trying to pack two strollers in that minimal hatchback thing.

hahahahhaha
:rotfl2: As I suppose anyone who has had a DIS-meet knows, it's odd meeting someone that you feel like you know fairly well and then going, "Oh, so that's what their voice sounds like." :laughing:

SO TRUE! OMG! Pretty hilarious, 30 minutes after meeting. I feel like Izzy was asleep, and I *might* have taken a photo, but memory is fuzzy and I still need to go through pics tonight. There was a reason you didn't bring her though so I feel like she fell asleep seeing Aria asleep. It seriously DOWNPOURED though, def remember that!
I think you are probably right in that she fell asleep. I think she would have thrown a fit otherwise if I left her. And she hadn't napped yet. I remember getting drenched just putting the groceries in the car - definitely a downpour. :umbrella:

Yay! I'm so glad you guys decided to go back and do this. I remember reading your trip reports when you were planning and taking this trip. Now we get to go back and hear (read) all about it
:welcome: Glad to have you here! I'm excited to finally share this little trip! Thanks for your incredible patience in waiting 2+ years for it. :rotfl:

How fun to meet fellow Diser's and take a trip together! The girls look so cute in their ruffled skirts <3 Anxious to see how dinner was :)
:welcome: It ended up being a blast! Very spontaneous, but a great decision. So much fun to watch the girls having fun together. :lovestruc

joining in! Glad to see you are still doing this trip report and will be neat to see your comments about planning the upcoming trip and how that compares to how you did things on this trip
:welcome: Thanks for joining in! It's so amazing to think the girls were literally about half their age back then vs. now. And, as you know, they change SO much in that time. It will be a whole different ball game with them this time around, I think.

Actually getting on to the plane is really the hardest part - glad it went ok and glad they found an empty seat for you
Totally agree. It's just physically challenging to handle everything and board without another adult (and even with one!)

Just tell you MiL - "it's ok, we met on the internet ... what could go wrong?!?!?!?" ;)
:lmao: Interestingly, Dug and I met on the internet (back when Match was a newfangled thing!), so maybe it would be acceptable to her. Eh, probably not. :rotfl:

We stayed once at Silver Lake and I really liked it - everything is nice and clean and big - the pools were nice (we stayed by the zero entry one) and the location is great!
I'd definitely go back. As you know, we have stayed on property all of our other visits (without a car), but if you can get this place at a good enough price, it's a solid alternative - especially for the extra space!

Hi everyone!! Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a walk down memory lane with us!

In June 2014, Aria was just shy of 2.5 years old, and was about to embark on her 7th Disney trip and we'd just returned from DL in May!! In February of that year we did the 3-day potty training so by June she was potty trained and I had a trip dealing with it (DL) under my belt! This was only my 2nd solo-parent trip though as either Andrew, my mom, or my best friend Lynda had been along with us on previous trips. We had also started trying for Baby #2 at this point, so I remember thinking "what if I'm preggo" but that was a no-go for another year!

@Dugette offered to come when I mentioned thinking about doing a spur of the moment trip when Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I'll refer to it as 7DMT) came out and I wasn't sure what to do with Aria. I was thinking about hiring an in-park sitter lol! But in the end it worked perfectly to share the 2 bedroom condo and do a quick girl's trip to the world.

As usual, we had the first 6AM flight out of Providence direct to Orlando. I usually pack some muffins from our grocery store (chocolate) but I also stopped for some other snacks at one of the shops after security. It was nice to get rid of our suitcase and car seat - since I was traveling solo I opted to check the car seat vs finagling that on the plane along with the stroller, backpack, etc. Aria had her little toy suitcase (which she still brings every trip!). Oh and thankfully I have TSA pre-check so security was a breeze!

14633308_10100565210076621_409116993148126038_o.jpg

Waiting at the gate

14692021_10100565210111551_7737106265557955304_o.jpg

14692129_10100565210196381_8586640303115039145_o.jpg

We waited between A & B for family boarding and had no issue finding a seat together.

Aria quickly tore into her suitcase of toys and ate a yogurt breakfast packet too

14543926_10100565210281211_3398573035078226684_o.jpg

As you can see here, I was able to have an extra seat which was SO nice for the space to keep our stuff. I haven't been lucky like that in a long time actually!

Aria put those away and pulled out her water coloring toy, which has been great for flights going on 4 years now!

14853108_10100565210296181_5557175835083266844_o.jpg

She gets in moods where the ipad is not enticing, and unfortunately this morning was like that. Soooo we pulled back out the Toddler Tote and she played like this for a while, while the seatbelt sign was off.

14633683_10100565210366041_9056835191553504865_o.jpg

Again very thankfuly to have a whole row to myself LOL!

14753301_10100565210376021_3594210114890319547_o.jpg

It is about 2.5 hours to get to Orlando, so by 9AM we were pulling in and headed straight for the monorail. We had to go up front of course, and take the photos of Aria up there!

14855932_10100565210540691_949135690192125669_o.jpg

She also enjoyed a snack :)

14556610_10100565210595581_6116194375233670474_o.jpg

We quickly grabbed the luggage and headed to grab the rental car. I'm not sure what type of car we got, but I do know it's the smallest I've ever driven, and that's saying a lot because I used to drive a MINI cooper S. Not sure what I was thinking, considering there would be TWO car seats (and I hadn't really thought about the fact that Dugette rear-faced Izzy!) plus of course TWO strollers. My stuff barely fit as is!

Anyway, from the airport we headed straight to Silver Lake Resort. We didn't really have time to go to a park, because in a couple hours I had to turn around and go pick up Dugette and Izzy. So we checked in (room wasn't ready) and had them hold my suitcase (needed to make room for Dugette's stuff haha) and grabbed out swim attire and headed to the pool.

There are a few pools at Silver Lake but we went to the main one which has a small kiddie pool too.

14612476_10100565209757261_5761608353709130913_o.jpg

Oh she was so little! <3 This was before I started growing out her bangs.

14876454_10100565209792191_5226491601226052976_o.jpg

Oh look, there I am!

14856051_10100565209807161_3623738883417532648_o.jpg

14566389_10100565209906961_1147498737898187874_o.jpg

There was a beach ball no one claimed so we played with it for a bit (it was pretty empty considering it was about 10am!)

14566249_10100565209976821_8318065277628867953_o.jpg

14753966_10100565209986801_655302220960772416_o.jpg

After relaxing for a bit, we got dressed and got back in the car to head to the airport. Aria promptly fell asleep (perfect!)

14611042_10100565210650471_8473342890628092595_n.jpg

I had left a little early hoping Aria would get a nice long nap in, so I had some time to kill just waiting around in the cell phone parking lot. I took this extremely exciting photo.

14856073_10100565210705361_1510209290704862244_o.jpg

Then got a text from Dugette that they had their bags so I headed over to pick them up. Aria slept through the quick meet and greet, then the finagling of the car seat, and apparently Izzy saw Aria asleep and promptly fell asleep herself.

14567557_10100565210735301_4593433482641500119_o.jpg

Despite having zero room in the car, we needed to stop at Target on the way to get milk, waters, and snacks! Dugette at the time got an employee discount there so she needed to go in, and I stayed in the car with the sleeping kiddos. It started absolutely torrential downpouring and poor Dugette had to run through it to get to the car.

14590030_10100565210745281_7477492975968541796_o.jpg

Sorry she covered this in her last update LOL! Anyway then we headed to the condo, it was ready thank goodness, and Dugette brought in her bags while I headed back to grab mine. We settled in, showered, and then headed out! Coming up next, 1900 Park Fare!

Once we arrived at the Grand Floridian, I realized I had no pen for autographs, so we stopped in the shop to buy one, then checked in to 1900 Park Fare. @Dugette, apparently I don't have the photopass photos, so you can post those I guess? Ugh!

Since Izzy was in a high chair, Aria awkwardly wanted something to sit on too, so they brought over a booster, which was very strange on the bench and thankfully didn't last long.

14856004_10100565215665421_4898854152654747221_o.jpg

We took turns going up for plates of food for the girls and for ourselves.

This is what I grabbed for Aria, some corn dog nuggets, a ham dish, a small piece of chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes, and pizza.

14633242_10100565215585581_1937055117393330365_o.jpg

Izzy was content waiting for Dugette to bring her food I guess!

I think this must have been my second plate, loL! Their Mashed potatoes are AMAZING btw, and I have a soft spot for tater tots any time of the day, so was very excited to see them (ahem, in the kid's area but who is looking)

14608836_10100565215780191_947117663366656749_o.jpg

I also had a martini :)

Soon Prince Charming came by. Izzy looks thrilled! Actually she was being pretty shy this night with the characters.

14859667_10100565215820111_2854949196554770071_o.jpg

SO I took a photo of Dugette with him to show her it was okay!

14612468_10100565215894961_1881557795760284758_o.jpg

Then Aria and I got a pic - she was also being shy (although she's always been shy with the Prince!)

14853113_10100565216029691_6935497963169210816_o.jpg

Some photos of the girls as we waited for more characters

14753221_10100565216249251_660516424075112502_o.jpg

14753670_10100565216304141_8691200617518368984_o.jpg

The Evil Step Mother stopped by and neither girl knew what to make of her!

14876520_10100565216478791_689020759064017675_o.jpg

14882167_10100565217147451_2901914940733256149_o.jpg

Aria didn't want her to touch her apparently

14856065_10100565217317111_5476056969483807897_o.jpg

Cinderella went over much better though!

14876662_10100565217521701_353041668083349614_o.jpg

14633297_10100565217801141_1967964736879976025_o.jpg

The evil step sisters are also a bit confusing to the young crowd - Aria just starting getting them and their jokes in January at 4.

14876607_10100565218040661_7425427814807297822_o.jpg

Hahaha a cookie was way more interesting to Izzy!

14876631_10100565218260221_890676157056865839_o.jpg

14608819_10100565218399941_6498171281369748299_o.jpg

Oh there's Dugette!

14590018_10100565218459821_7070843572237981574_o.jpg

14633522_10100565218504731_6849837954642914069_o.jpg

Aria listened intently, but was generally too shy to say anything (she chats with everyone now)

14633124_10100565218679381_7372736775202193218_o.jpg

14856110_10100565218819101_238594629646651195_o.jpg

14753724_10100565218903931_1781729773456135282_o.jpg

After our early ish dinner, we grabbed our strollers from the rain (thank you, rain covers!!) and headed up to the monorail! The night wasn't over yet!!

Joining in!! It's so weird to see the girls so little knowing how big they are now!

Oh geez, I had to laugh a little at the idea of your MIL freaking out about finding out you left Izzy alone with Lauren to go in the store. lol I can legitimately see the worry, but at the same time, until you pointed that out, it didn't even occur to me. Even having never met either of you, I feel like I know you both so well from our time on the DIS and Facebook that I probably would have done the same thing!! And if you think about it, that would be a pretty elaborate plan to execute a kidnapping. :rotfl:

Cute pics from the character meal!! I love how Izzy is just continuing to eat as the characters parade through. That's totally my DD. Way more interested in the food than in the characters!

when Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (I'll refer to it as 7DMT) came out and I wasn't sure what to do with Aria.
So funny to remember that she wasn't tall enough for it yet, considering how many times she's ridden it now! So excited that Izzy will finally be able to ride next time! :hyper: (We sang a lot of Heigh-Ho last night...)

Oh and thankfully I have TSA pre-check so security was a breeze!
Nice! We just got new credit cards that have a perk of free TSA Pre-Check or Global Entry (they reimburse the fee), so that's on our to-do list - though I don't know if it will be active by the time we travel next.

As you can see here, I was able to have an extra seat which was SO nice for the space to keep our stuff. I haven't been lucky like that in a long time actually!
That is great! Seems so spacious!

We quickly grabbed the luggage and headed to grab the rental car. I'm not sure what type of car we got, but I do know it's the smallest I've ever driven, and that's saying a lot because I used to drive a MINI cooper S. Not sure what I was thinking, considering there would be TWO car seats (and I hadn't really thought about the fact that Dugette rear-faced Izzy!) plus of course TWO strollers. My stuff barely fit as is!
It was pretty ridiculous, but we made it work! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

We didn't really have time to go to a park, because in a couple hours I had to turn around and go pick up Dugette and Izzy.
Thank you! :flower3:

Oh she was so little! <3
She really is - so cute to look back at how much they have both changed! Especially because they seemed like such "big girls" at the time vs. the little babies they just were.

I took this extremely exciting photo.

14856073_10100565210705361_1510209290704862244_o.jpg
Those do appear to be REALLY tall birds! :eek:

apparently Izzy saw Aria asleep and promptly fell asleep herself.

14567557_10100565210735301_4593433482641500119_o.jpg
Ohhhhh! You're right - Izzy is sleeping in this photo. I thought she was just sitting there at first, but now I see her paci fell out, so she's OUT!

@Dugette, apparently I don't have the photopass photos, so you can post those I guess?
Will do!

Ha, that is awkward. I don't remember even noticing that. I also see her new pen on her plate.

Hahaha a cookie was way more interesting to Izzy!
That is probably still true. :rotfl: She sure loves her cookies.

After our early ish dinner, we grabbed our strollers from the rain (thank you, rain covers!!)
If I remember right (and who knows? :laughing:), we had them parked under an overhang and then you had to help me figure out the rain cover as I'd never used it and had no clue how it worked. :rotfl:

Joining in!! It's so weird to see the girls so little knowing how big they are now!
:welcome: Glad you're here! I know - it's so weird to go back and do this report. They are SO different, even though the trip doesn't seem THAT long ago.

Oh geez, I had to laugh a little at the idea of your MIL freaking out about finding out you left Izzy alone with Lauren to go in the store. lol I can legitimately see the worry, but at the same time, until you pointed that out, it didn't even occur to me. Even having never met either of you, I feel like I know you both so well from our time on the DIS and Facebook that I probably would have done the same thing!! And if you think about it, that would be a pretty elaborate plan to execute a kidnapping. :rotfl:
Elaborate and unlikely, yes? Totally danger just waiting to happen and terrible parenting in MIL's world, yes! :headache: Dug's brother/SIL are having their first baby in the Spring, which will be MIL's second grandchild, so I'm excited to have her unfounded parenting criticism turn to them instead. :rotfl:

Cute pics from the character meal!! I love how Izzy is just continuing to eat as the characters parade through. That's totally my DD. Way more interested in the food than in the characters!
Yep, Izzy really didn't care what was going on - it was time to eat! :rotfl: I think it would be very different now and it makes me almost wish we had this meal scheduled again, since I think it would be a lot more interesting to her now to talk with these characters.

1900 Park Fare - Part 2

I’ll just add in some extra pictures, but thank you for the great update, Lauren! :goodvibes

I must have taken this in the gift shop on the way in:

I saw this lovely Mickey head on the buffet:

This was back in the days where Izzy didn’t really consume much food, so looks like she has some corn dog nuggets, corn, bread, and maybe potatoes? Also, I brought that plate from home because she was still in her plate throwing/dropping/knocking down phase:

I guess this is what I was eating:

Nothing stands out as particularly memorable 2+ years later. :rotfl:

I do remember the drinks a bit more:

I think mine was a Pina Colava. Mmmm. :thumbsup2

Here’s my view of Izzy being totally unimpressed by Prince Charming :laughing: :

Right before the Evil Stepmother stopped by, Izzy looks panicked by her impending arrival :scared: :

Hmmmm, looks like Izzy had seconds with fruit and stuff:

OH, and here are the Photopass pictures from when we checked in:

Up next: The Magic Downpour Puddle Kingdom! :umbrella:

Last edited:
Right before the Evil Stepmother stopped by, Izzy looks panicked by her impending arrival :scared: :

Hahaha I laughed out loud at this pic!

OH, and here are the Photopass pictures from when we checked in:

Thanks! :)

Loving this report and hearing from both sides! Still can't get over how little the girls look!

Thank you so much for coming over!! I know, it's so fun to relive the trip, and see Aria and Izzy so tiny!

smart move Lauren to dump the luggage before going back to get Duggette and Izzy and their stuff. Glad everything logistically seemed to work out well (other than the rain coming at Target)

1900 Park Fare seems like a good choice for a first meal and setting the stage. We haven't done it yet as the Tremaines freak out my kids - even the oldest starts shaking when we see them in the park. Some day though - I hear mixed things about the food there but that the interaction with the characters (especially the Tremaines) can be really good

nice you got those PP pictures together to start the trip!

smart move Lauren to dump the luggage before going back to get Duggette and Izzy and their stuff. Glad everything logistically seemed to work out well (other than the rain coming at Target)

1900 Park Fare seems like a good choice for a first meal and setting the stage. We haven't done it yet as the Tremaines freak out my kids - even the oldest starts shaking when we see them in the park. Some day though - I hear mixed things about the food there but that the interaction with the characters (especially the Tremaines) can be really good

nice you got those PP pictures together to start the trip!

There wasn't going to be any space lol! So I had to check the bags while waiting for the room to open up.

Dinner was great. It's always been so-so for me food-wise - although in Jan we went when I was dairy/soy free and it was the worst meal of the trip! The chef was AWFUL and my allergy meal SO gross and bland. (I don't do well with lack of flavor). Aria has never liked the step mother and sisters, BUT on that visit I had purchased a dress for her that had the step sisters on it, and they thought it was awesome. Bad pic as Andrew is covering up the dress -

12697111_10100431795964571_2167259048646510746_o.jpg

I have more just haven't uploaded them!

Anyway, because of that, she got over her fear of them! They knew how to interact with a shy 4-year-old that was fun and silly but not scary, thankfully!

Anyway, because of that, she got over her fear of them! They knew how to interact with a shy 4-year-old that was fun and silly but not scary, thankfully!

we are still working on the whole "fun-scary" concept ... though we have gotten through the first 2 Harry Potter movies now so that is a start :thumbsup2

Its fun going back in time and seeing the small kids again...I am used to them being older now:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter