DIS-Meet Junior – June 2014 Girls Trip ~ Updated 1/21: See Ya Real Soon!

Bummer about the rain impacting thing but looks like you were making the best of it and the girls napping through at least some of it probably helped
It was such a rainy trip! But we definitely tried to make the best of it.

Looked like a good meal at 'Ohana - and that hummus looked good. We'll have to remember that for next time as all the kids and adults in our family like hummus and with Judi not eating beef or pork I figure she could ask for the vegetarian
She could certainly ask for it. Could be a good option for you guys.

Girls seemed to be having a lot of fun with each other - well, other than the part where Izzy thought she might lose her Mommy. ;)
:rotfl: Yeah, Izzy was just a tad traumatized by that game, I think. Otherwise, they had a bunch of fun together. :goodvibes

Just an FYI that the videos are working well for me as far as seeing / playing them
:thumbsup2

Cape May Breakfast

It looks like Aria started off her morning with some pre-breakfast in the condo:

We drove over to the Beach Club, parked, and headed in:

The girls watched a little TV while we waited for a table :happytv: :

Once we were seated, I ran up to the buffet first. Izzy brought her little Minnie along to the meal:

And then Aria got so hungry she ate her hand? :lmao:

And then, before I even made it back, Donald showed up :donald: :

I love that Izzy reached out to him here (getting brave!):

Aria enjoyed the meet, it appears:

Izzy and Donald shared a meaningful glance :laughing: :

I made it back in time to see Minnie:

Looks like even the lady behind us thought Minnie holding tiny Minnie was adorable :cutie: :

Aria got a hug while tiny Minnie went on a flight:

And then I handed over Izzy’s breakfast:

Goofy showed up next :goofy: :

After eating Aria’s hair :laughing:, they became buds:

Both girls:

Food plates (can you tell I really don’t have notes for this day? :rotfl:):

Izzy was even enjoying her veggies:

Aria seems to be enjoying things too:

And then Goofy apparently came back again? :confused3

Then Donald was back for tickles and hugs:

Izzy was really warming up to the characters, now that it was the last day of our trip. Donald even got a high five:

And he gave her another tickle goodbye:

It was a good meal, fun character interactions, and a nice way to spend our last morning. However, Lauren was hoping for a picture of her, Aria, and Minnie, since they were both wearing Minnie clothes. She asked a CM if Minnie was returning and they told us to wait over by the door and Minnie would meet us. Here she comes:

So, they got their picture, but Izzy insisted on photobombing them, as she just had to check out Minnie’s shoes:

Looks like Minnie blew a kiss:

Then Izzy got in on the hugs:

And this was the kid who was so character shy this trip! :eek:

While Izzy danced off, Aria got a kiss from Minnie:

Up next: Departure day and the videos of the meets.

And then Aria got so hungry she ate her hand? :lmao:

That was salt on her hand, she was licking :)

Aria talked about Goofy propping her on his lap for quite some time after this!

Their breakfast is really good - the pancake has a bananas foster sauce on it!

I realized after this trip that my tank is REALLY see-through. Doesn't look so bad here, but I will never wear it without another shirt underneath again!!

After breakfast, we spent a little time enjoying the nice temps outside

14876443_10100565491502641_6849174330550355599_o.jpg

They started out by sitting on the little wall

14883535_10100565491896851_7126784016473096175_o.jpg

But that turned to running which I quickly slowed down!

14753663_10100565491961721_2291291764701934623_o.jpg

14590067_10100565491991661_9127865032441548801_o.jpg

14876473_10100565492101441_8064049044142689767_o.jpg

14615804_10100565492176291_1571743349490435947_o.jpg

And with that, we were off! Earlier, Dugette had checked their suitcases with the front desk as we had a tiny car and some jumbling to do. She hadn't wanted to rent a car for the whole time, and I ended up with the smallest car ever, so it was what it was! We headed to the airport, returned the car and said our goodbyes. Dugette & Izzy rented a car for the day (I'm sure she'll update on her time for the rest of the day) while Aria and I headed in to check our bags and go through security.

We got through in no time (thank you pre-check!) and soon were on the monorail. We always go up to the front and this time was no different! (Aria also had taken her hair out, so now it was crazier than before!).

14516493_10100565487805051_4671883764012415900_n.jpg

14721587_10100565487810041_2355050799982430790_n.jpg

Despite it not seeming so - it had been a few hours since breakfast, and so it was already lunch time!! My favorite spot to get lunch is no longer there :( they had the best Mexican chicken egg rolls and really fun drinks.

14680489_10100565487889881_7803574116149665104_n.jpg

Aria enjoyed the garnished pineapple off my drink lol.

But yum - look at this lunch!

14725747_10100565487884891_1827241996999519910_n.jpg

Aria had a chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries

14639579_10100565487959741_8762471152040272699_n.jpg

When we were done we headed to the gate and got in position for family boarding (behind the early boarding people). Note - with a peanut allergy, they let you pre-board, so now with Maya I get to do that, in order to give me time to scrub all the seats and armrests down. But it always seems to confuse the family boarders who then line up with me early :-/ thinking they can get on with me (or they give me looks like they know I won't be able to board with the pre-boarders).

Anyway, we still had a little time, so Pooh and Aria played lol

14716060_10100565487974711_6050954757227375398_n.jpg

14632987_10100565488044571_4461433870766750729_n.jpg

But soon it was time to fold the stroller and unhook the car seat and all that fun. With the two seats, I've stopped putting the (nice) stroller into a stroller bag and just hope for the best, instead rolling it down the ramp and then quickly folding it at the end. I think with the City Mini I also didn't use the stroller bag, but still had my hands full with the backpack and purse and car seat etc. It was nice having the car seat though, since she slept the whole flight home in it!

14681791_10100565488229201_4359729015367164304_n.jpg

And soon we made it back to Providence. And I started counting down the days to my next trip which was just Aria & me in August, then a big trip in October! Phew! Amazing how much life has changed since this trip and yet it feels like yesterday.

So that's it from me, I think Dugette will be back at some point to finish up her day though! :)

Looks like a fun breakfast at Cape May - I like how they have the paper table covers that the characters can draw on ... just something different to do

Cute picture of Aria on Goofy's knee :)

And cute pictures of the two girls outside

Seemed like a relatively smooth ride home - definitely a trade off with the car seat of it being a pain to deal with to get on the plane but then much better once you do and the child is in it

Looks like a fun breakfast at Cape May - I like how they have the paper table covers that the characters can draw on ... just something different to do

Cute picture of Aria on Goofy's knee :)

And cute pictures of the two girls outside

Seemed like a relatively smooth ride home - definitely a trade off with the car seat of it being a pain to deal with to get on the plane but then much better once you do and the child is in it

Love the paper table covers too, and love that the characters really got into coloring on them!! They should have them at more restaurants - creates a nice clean table too :)

Yes, I have found the trade off now with Aria being older isn't worth it, and instead I check the car seat bag (and in turn, get to stuff it full of stuff!). But I'm sure we'll go through the car seat phase for a bit again as Maya turns 2 and still naps.

That was salt on her hand, she was licking :)
Ah, I should have known! :rotfl:

Aria talked about Goofy propping her on his lap for quite some time after this!
It's really super cute! Glad it was memorable for her. :goodvibes

Their breakfast is really good - the pancake has a bananas foster sauce on it!
I remember that - one of your favorites. :thumbsup2

I realized after this trip that my tank is REALLY see-through. Doesn't look so bad here, but I will never wear it without another shirt underneath again!!
I have the same tank (and a same material/different design) and they are insanely thin/see-through. However, I didn't notice that with yours at all that day. I just figured you had layered it or something, I guess. But, yeah, I only wear them with another tank under. :laughing:

Here's my similar shot of Izzy:

They started out by sitting on the little wall

14883535_10100565491896851_7126784016473096175_o.jpg
They were being pretty cute together that morning:

But that turned to running which I quickly slowed down!

14753663_10100565491961721_2291291764701934623_o.jpg
And Izzy had terrible balance, also slowing Aria down :rotfl::

Earlier, Dugette had checked their suitcases with the front desk as we had a tiny car and some jumbling to do. She hadn't wanted to rent a car for the whole time, and I ended up with the smallest car ever, so it was what it was!
And, ironically, the car I got myself was much roomier. :rotfl:

I'm sure she'll update on her time for the rest of the day
Will do! :thumbsup2

We got through in no time (thank you pre-check!)
I am so happy we have this now too! Made the last trip so much easier for airport time. Kinda kicking myself for not getting it sooner!

My favorite spot to get lunch is no longer there :( they had the best Mexican chicken egg rolls and really fun drinks.
Aw, it looked really good! :sad1:

Note - with a peanut allergy, they let you pre-board, so now with Maya I get to do that, in order to give me time to scrub all the seats and armrests down. But it always seems to confuse the family boarders who then line up with me early :-/ thinking they can get on with me (or they give me looks like they know I won't be able to board with the pre-boarders).
That's interesting, but makes sense. Never thought about it before.

But soon it was time to fold the stroller and unhook the car seat and all that fun. With the two seats, I've stopped putting the (nice) stroller into a stroller bag and just hope for the best, instead rolling it down the ramp and then quickly folding it at the end. I think with the City Mini I also didn't use the stroller bag, but still had my hands full with the backpack and purse and car seat etc. It was nice having the car seat though, since she slept the whole flight home in it!
I am still trying to figure out what to do about the car seat next month. We'll need it, since we'll have a car. But Izzy has now had a taste of flying in a regular airplane seat and will probably throw a fit if we put her in a carseat on the plane, even if she needs to sleep (likely, with the times we're flying). I think we'll probably gate check it, since we'll be able to attach it to the stroller to get to the gate. I do have a bag to put it in too. Thought about just checking both right away at the skycap, but probably would be handy to have the stroller in the airport just to help carry our stuff around and, if we have that, might as well keep the carseat with it, I guess. Just wish it were easier to gate check the big items in bags. Or that the bags had wheels.

Amazing how much life has changed since this trip and yet it feels like yesterday.
I know, this doesn't seem THAT long ago, but now I see the pics and the girls are so itty bitty! :cutie:

I'll get to work on my final update.

See Ya Real Soon!

First off, here are the videos from Cape May Café. I find my own voice totally annoying in these and you might too. :crazy2: I forgot what those days were like when I basically did all the talking/translating for Izzy and her random sounds (she really was having fun, despite it sounding like she’s saying “ow”:rotfl:). But here you go, if you are so inclined to watch:

(click to watch Minnie meet)

(click to watch Donald meet)

(click to watch Minnie w/Izzy’s photobomb)

Back to the airport, though.

After saying our goodbyes at MCO, Izzy and I headed down to the car rental counter to pick up our car for the afternoon. This line took forever :snail: – so very, very slow:

I remember it being irritating because park time was slowly slipping away. :hourglass But, more importantly, I remember Izzy wanting to be constantly held and, at one point, she grabbed my little Mickey head necklace and broke the chain. :sad2:

Eventually, we got our car and headed back to the condo to get the bags we’d left with them. I remember it being awkward to be on my own with a car and a toddler, needing to get bags. I think maybe Izzy fell asleep in the car on the drive? That would make sense, as I think I ended up parking right in front of the door, then standing in the doorway and asking for them to bring out our bags, while keeping an eye on Izzy in the car. :scared: Then I got everything loaded up into this gigantic trunk, which would have been so nice to have had for the rest of the trip:

I think I had two suitcases in back of those bags you can see. It was really roomy. Stroller fit right in too (you can see it peeking out back there).

I decided to return to Epcot for our afternoon. Managed to find my way there, park, and we headed in to do Turtle Talk. I think we might have had a very unnecessary Fast Pass. Waiting to get in:

This was when Aria was asleep on the plane, by the way (I can tell from having our pics sorted by time, haha).

After that, we parked the stroller over by the Land pavilion. And I noticed someone had an unwelcome guest browsing the selections in their stroller :eek: :

Yeah, so think about that next time you leave food in a stroller at WDW. :scared1:

After that wildlife viewing, we rode Living with the Land. I would guess we also had FP for this:

After our ride, we grabbed lunch at Sunshine Seasons, as we were right there:

Then we took a spin on Journey Into Imagination. Probably just walked on to that:

And, finally, we hit the Character Spot. I think we had our third FP for this:

I didn’t get any videos this go round, as I figured Izzy would need my hand-holding, but these meets ended up being her best of the trip. She was finally comfortable enough with the characters to really enjoy them. :goodvibes Luckily, I do have some Photopass pictures:

Okay, I also have to post this one, since it totally looks like they’re arm wrestling and things have gotten out of hand :rotfl2: :

She was a bit more hesitant to come meet Goofy, so I tried to lead by example:

And it worked :thumbsup2 :

And then we moved on to her very favorite:

I got a hug too:

On our way out of Epcot, Izzy was running ahead of me and tripped. She fell right on her face. :sad: Luckily for her, she’d had her paci in, which actually cushioned her fall. She had a bit of a fat lip, but all her teeth were fine. She was pretty scared and upset, though. It was a pretty dramatic fall on her mouth. Yay for not being able to give up her beloved paci yet at that point! :laughing: (She eventually did, totally willingly and on her own, whew!)

I probably pushed our time in Epcot a bit too far, then felt like I had to rush to the airport. But we were there and at our gate in plenty of time. Flight home was pretty uneventful. I apparently was able to wrangle up an empty seat (free, since she was under 2), so that she could sit in her carseat. :thumbsup2

Izzy had a snack:

Looks like we had individual screens:

She played with her buckle toy:

And then she was out:

Gotta love flying with a sleeping kid! :cloud9:

And that’s a wrap! We had a great trip and I have to say, I’m glad I went. It was a really spontaneous sort of thing, but ended up being a good choice. We met some great friends and have had a lot of fun together since then. :goodvibes We’ll need to figure out how and when to write a report on our trip together last month, but I’ll keep you posted (we are both still catching up on our other TRs, but you know that if you’re reading a TR about a trip from 2014 :lmao:). Hope you’ve had fun reliving some of these adorable toddler memories with us! See ya real soon! :wave2:

Okay...have to add one more thing: you may recall that this trip was for Lauren & I to ride the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train for the first time. Well, life really came full circle when Izzy and Aria got to ride it together last month :lovestruc :

Last edited:
Seems like a fun, if quick, afternoon at EPCOT and glad you got some good character photos with Izzy

Sorry about the fall - but glad no impact to her teeth or anything

Thanks to both of you for writing this TR, it was a fun one!

Great wrap up day! The breakfast looks like a lot of fun for both of the girls. I'm glad Izzy finally warmed up to the characters, even if it was the very last day. lol Gotta love kids and their impeccable timing.

Great TR, ladies! I look forward to your next joint TR adventure!

They are both so big now! And so cute! Izzy looks almost as excited as I do when I go on Mine Train :rotfl:Great trip report ladies. I hope to read the sequel... someday ;)

I hadn't finished up this TR either, but I just did. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to the one you both took in December!

Well, with the new comment, I realized I never responded to these - oops!

Seems like a fun, if quick, afternoon at EPCOT and glad you got some good character photos with Izzy

Sorry about the fall - but glad no impact to her teeth or anything

Thanks to both of you for writing this TR, it was a fun one!
Izzy and I seem to have a good time at Epcot. On this trip, she was really coming out of her character shyness and it was a lot of fun. More recently, in February, we had a blast riding all.the.things at Epcot together. So much fun.

Great wrap up day! The breakfast looks like a lot of fun for both of the girls. I'm glad Izzy finally warmed up to the characters, even if it was the very last day. lol Gotta love kids and their impeccable timing.

Great TR, ladies! I look forward to your next joint TR adventure!
I know, the timing! Guess that's what you get with such a short trip! I can't wait to write about the next one too, but might be a while still with all those other pesky trips to cover, haha.

They are both so big now! And so cute! Izzy looks almost as excited as I do when I go on Mine Train :rotfl:Great trip report ladies. I hope to read the sequel... someday ;)
It's so funny looking back at these and seeing them "grow up" at Disney World (and other Disney destinations, haha). I love that they were older this past December and actually could interact/play/talk much more than on this 2014 trip. And, yes, SOMEDAY for sure!

I hadn't finished up this TR either, but I just did. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to the one you both took in December!
Thanks for reading! So fun to get back together with the girls being older. And we'll even see each other a bit again in October when our trips overlap. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you wrote about this trip! :goodvibes

I can't believe how LITTLE Izzy and Aria were in these photos (and can't believe how BIG Izzy looks now!). It's so fabulous that you found a wonderful Disney friend with a daughter nearly the same age - and that you've been able to go on multiple trips together! It looks like you had so much fun on this trip and I can't wait to read about your most recent DISfriend trip!

(I'm also still laughing about your leaving Izzy in the car during the Target run with the family you'd just met and your concerns about your MIL learning about it - I'm glad there was no elaborate kidnapping scheme in place!) :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter