Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Not bad. Monday we are meeting with the contractor to do a walk through on our old apartment, so he can give us a quote on remodeling. It has only been almost four years now.....

...what kind of remodeling did you have in mind? Sprucing up, or a whole gut-job?

New flooring, paint. I'm hoping we can salvage the kitchen cupboards and just replace the doors. We'll discuss that Monday. Granite countertops (currently they are 60s tile), in kitchen and bathrooms, new sinks and faucets. The hall bath will need a shower, so plumbing, and glass doors. New closet doors in two of the bedrooms. New Ceiling fans in four rooms. Then vertical blinds. We have a new refrigerator and dishwasher to go in as well.

No actual construction, just bringing it back to habitable.

I forgot to mention a new cooktop as well. We lived there 17 years, it needs A LOT of work!

Fill out an application....I'll run a credit check on you! :laughing:

Why would you want to live in an apartment when your hubby just made your new house all purty?

:wave:

Good luck with your remodel Alison.

We're off again soon to Northeast Oregon to help my Aunt and Uncle move. Then home for a couple of days before heading to Hawaii. I can't believe I forgot about my niece's graduation ceremony when I scheduled in the Hawaii trip especially since the middle part of it is with her and family for her graduation, truly an old fogie now. Bad Auntie.

Why would you want to live in an apartment when your hubby just made your new house all purty?
....I cannot believe that it's more than 2 years for us already! :faint: And, we sorta made a deal that we'd sell after 2 years, but we are staying a little bit longer for two reasons:
1) our real estate taxes went DOWN [considerably]
2) our DS is getting married next May, and the LAST thing I want to be involved in is a move

....I cannot believe that it's more than 2 years for us already! :faint: And, we sorta made a deal that we'd sell after 2 years,

Wow! Move after only two years? I don't want to move again after that last one.

but we are staying a little bit longer for two reasons:
1) our real estate taxes went DOWN [considerably]

Except in our new house we have to essentially purchase a used car every year when paying our property taxes.

2) our DS is getting married next May, and the LAST thing I want to be involved in is a move

Congratulations! And I totally understand this!

Hi all! It’s been awhile I know. I need to go back and read to catch up. But, I did catch talk of moving, I can’t stand the thought.

Alison, we’re going to be at Disneyland 9/10-9/15. Scotty and I would love to meet up and have a cup of coffee.

Hey fogies!

Busy as bees here at camp, official summer season starts this month. I'm already tired......

kimmar - yay for your property taxes dropping!! Geez, how often does that happen to a person?! Most of the time we watch them steadily creep up. Also, congrats on your son's wedding!

franandaj - I have often wondered what property taxes are like in CA (and I'm sure it also varies by location) but I just cannot even...... :faint: Does your rental place help at all, or does it more or less just pay for itself? I'm already choking on the housing prices themselves (we're not buying, but just as a matter of comparison to what we had in New England).

Went up to Disneyland last Monday. Busy as usual.... DH and I are hoping to get one more trip in before the summer blockout. Was debating on whether or not to renew my pass but I've got a couple east-coast friends who've made noise about visiting DLR in the fall, and I also want to go with DH to see the holiday stuff (he missed all that last year). So, I probably will.

Not sure if I'd mentioned this in the past but DS16s parakeets hatched out two eggs!! The babies grow fast! He had someone comment on a photo recently that they look like fuzzy little mini-tennis balls with eyes....:rotfl:

franandaj - I have often wondered what property taxes are like in CA (and I'm sure it also varies by location) but I just cannot even...... :faint: Does your rental place help at all, or does it more or less just pay for itself?

You don't even want to know what our property taxes are for our house. Then again the taxes are based on the sale price of the house.

As far as rental properties that is our life blood income. We have 11 units total in three buildings. Fran was able to get the property taxes Grandfathered in at her parent's rates when they died so all three buildings total about what we pay for our house as that was purchased in 2013. Lets just say that the new tax bill absolutely kills us as far as the house goes. Our rental properties are deductible as business expenses.

You don't even want to know what our property taxes are for our house. Then again the taxes are based on the sale price of the house.
We received a letter this Spring from our County Assessor stating that our property taxes would be based on the selling price of the most expensive home in the neighborhood.
Our taxes went up when a much larger, much renovated, home on our block sold for 1 1/2 times our homes appraised value.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter