Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Hi, Pio! Dwight & I are heading to WDW tomorrow! Fully vaccinated, still masking-up, but feeling like we may live long enough to see the end of this Pandemic!

How are things in AU?

Dwight & I are going to try another cruise with a stop in Melbourne - in February 2023! Fingers crossed!

Enjoy! I'm totally envious.

Hope you make it to Melbourne! Always happy to see you and Dwight and play tour guide. If you make it out, we should totally plan. Maybe head out of the city this time?

:wave: I am here. You are missed!!I

Miss you too. I still think of our catch up in Monterey and that can of creamed corn! :)

We're still hanging in there. Our DD is doing well enough for us to go to Hawaii next month since the 3 of us are fully vaccinated. Using up a couple of years worth of our timeshares. Both DD, DS, DGS and sister will meet us there our last week.

Hope everything is well with you. Glad you are fully vaccinated. Sounds like a lot of vacay time coming up.

:wave:

Hi everyone!

In five days I'll be at Disneyland! :banana:

Wish I were going! Have fun.

hello everyone!

YAY ME! I successfully launched another major project this week. It's been keeping me busy for the last 7 months and the last 4 weeks has been particularly stressful and hard work. Thankfully, all good so far. Still another 4-5 weeks to go before I can hand this one over as "Business As Usual" but at least the stress has gone from "why isn't it done?" to "why isn't this fixed?". :rotfl2:

On the covid front. Australia is still tracking at close to zero cases on all fronts. Zero for community spread, zero for deaths etc. We do have the odd new cases, all from return citizens. And we have the sporadic breakout; all from inadvertent transmission from return citizens in hotel quarantine. We are even at the stage where we have a travel bubble with New Zealand; as NZ have also managed to eradicate community Covid. I know we've been lucky.

However, Australia might have managed to keep our covid numbers down but the vaccine rollout is slow and chaotic. We have had a very low number of vaccinations complete due to the Astra Zeneca clot issue and the government haven't managed to secure any large quantities of the Pfizer vaccine. The over 50's are now offered the Astra vaccine but there is a reluctance to get the shot from the majority of the healthy population. That includes me.

Still. Life is has some degree of Covid normal. For now, we are back to full capacity in offices and professional sports are back up and running. Even the shops are back to near capacity. Masks are required on public transports but that's about it. It's just the back of mind concern that if there was an outbreak, the community have not yet reached any degree of vaccination protection.

Vacation?
It'll be a long time before I head out of the country (except maybe to NZ). So for now, its all about local travel. I've got a 5 day road trip coming up in May. I have no idea how it will turn out. Country Victoria is no where near as interesting as being outside of the major cities in the US. We will see.

I am so envious of all of you that can still get to Disney. I so need a Disney fix but that's not going to be for a long while. Enjoy!

hello everyone!

YAY ME! I successfully launched another major project this week. It's been keeping me busy for the last 7 months and the last 4 weeks has been particularly stressful and hard work. Thankfully, all good so far. Still another 4-5 weeks to go before I can hand this one over as "Business As Usual" but at least the stress has gone from "why isn't it done?" to "why isn't this fixed?". :rotfl2:

On the covid front. Australia is still tracking at close to zero cases on all fronts. Zero for community spread, zero for deaths etc. We do have the odd new cases, all from return citizens. And we have the sporadic breakout; all from inadvertent transmission from return citizens in hotel quarantine. We are even at the stage where we have a travel bubble with New Zealand; as NZ have also managed to eradicate community Covid. I know we've been lucky.

However, Australia might have managed to keep our covid numbers down but the vaccine rollout is slow and chaotic. We have had a very low number of vaccinations complete due to the Astra Zeneca clot issue and the government haven't managed to secure any large quantities of the Pfizer vaccine. The over 50's are now offered the Astra vaccine but there is a reluctance to get the shot from the majority of the healthy population. That includes me.

Still. Life is has some degree of Covid normal. For now, we are back to full capacity in offices and professional sports are back up and running. Even the shops are back to near capacity. Masks are required on public transports but that's about it. It's just the back of mind concern that if there was an outbreak, the community have not yet reached any degree of vaccination protection.

Vacation?
It'll be a long time before I head out of the country (except maybe to NZ). So for now, its all about local travel. I've got a 5 day road trip coming up in May. I have no idea how it will turn out. Country Victoria is no where near as interesting as being outside of the major cities in the US. We will see.

I am so envious of all of you that can still get to Disney. I so need a Disney fix but that's not going to be for a long while. Enjoy!
Enojoy your road trip for me to. :flower1:

Hope everything is well with you. Glad you are fully vaccinated. Sounds like a lot of vacay time coming up.

Well the vacay got canceled again. Last Saturday DH fell off a roof 12 feet up onto concrete and now has a head injury, broken eye socket, multiple breaks in his left arm/elbow requiring surgery.😥 He's lucky to be alive and it wasn't worse.

Well the vacay got canceled again. Last Saturday DH fell off a roof 12 feet up onto concrete and now has a head injury, broken eye socket, multiple breaks in his left arm/elbow requiring surgery.😥 He's lucky to be alive and it wasn't worse.
Oh my gosh , how is he doing? How are you doing? I am going to pray for you both........ :hug: :hug:

Oh my gosh , how is he doing? How are you doing? I am going to pray for you both........ :hug: :hug:
He was in ICU from Sat to late Monday night, then down to surgical floor for one night, sent home on Tuesday late afternoon. I'm too tired to know how I am, haven't really slept much the last week. He's improving, but is in the eat, drink, sleep repeat mode around the clock.

He was in ICU from Sat to late Monday night, then down to surgical floor for one night, sent home on Tuesday late afternoon. I'm too tired to know how I am, haven't really slept much the last week. He's improving, but is in the eat, drink, sleep repeat mode around the clock.
Please make sure you take care of yourself as well. I am glad he is home. I cant get over to you no vehicle but I am here for moral support. You sleep when he does. Keep me posted . I am praying for healing and you to sleep

Please make sure you take care of yourself as well. I am glad he is home. I cant get over to you no vehicle but I am here for moral support. You sleep when he does. Keep me posted . I am praying for healing and you to sleep
Thanks for the prayers and moral support!

Oh NO! I think I did wander into FB briefly and saw something. But it didn't register.

Hope he has a speedy recovery and you look after yourself!

PIO....nice to heat from you, wish I had time to comment in more detail.

Angela... I saw about David on FB, I'm glad he is recovering. It sounds absolutely horrible. I'm glad he wasn't hurt worse.

I can't complain much, I had quite a few days of overwhelming fun with Disneyland and my birthday. We have several days of catch up before we head back out on Thursday for a day trip and then we have two nights out at the Grand next week.

Hi again, Fogies.

Nice to be able to pop in and see friendly responses.

Happy Birthday to everyone celebrating in May! I hope you all have a great day.

Alison - really miss being able to pop across the pond and visit DLR. Someday....I hope to visit and catch up with you and Fran.
Angela - hope that D is on the mend and send my best to him. Hope you are getting some rest yourself.
Jo - hope life is okay with you. What are you up to these days?

DH is making good progress, tomorrow will be 2 weeks since his accident. His stitches on his forehead have dissolved and the stitches staples from his arm surgery come out Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter