Disability Tax Credit as proof of disability?

Bigwands

Mouseketeer
The Disneyland Paris website says I can get 25% off tickets as long as I show appropriate documents when I arrive at the park. The tax credit is listed as an accepted form of proof for Canadians. I claim the credit every year on my taxes, but I'm confused about what documentation they're asking me to bring. I've been claiming it since I was 18 (now 34) and it's never been denied, but I also definitely do not have a document in my files anywhere.

What did you submit when you first claimed it? Maybe that’s what they are looking for?

I would call and ask . Maybe a drs letter ? Medical report ? I don’t know what other countries are allows to ask for ..

Thank you everyone! I did call and it turns out you can call the CRA and they will send you a copy of the original notice of acceptance. Either I or my mother must have had it at some point but it seems to have gotten lost to time and several moves in the interim. It's the response after applying for the credit that they want you to show.

Just note, if you’re trying to get a DAS, they won’t accept it for that. You need a doctors letter which states the assistance you need, reasons why you can’t use the lines/rides the typical way. When we went, I just had the doctor put needs 1-1 supervision and assistance. It’s quite the opposite of North America!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter