Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Disney stop DUT from selling anything Disney? Or at least cut their commision...I can see them doing that if they can.
I feel bad for the agents there if this comes to it. Without the pay from Disney,,and maybe even US,,,that would cripple a TA.
Typically would result in loss of media credentials for a period of time.

When you've been building houses for nearly 40 years, your "eyecrometer" becomes highly tuned...LOL
I agree!! We've actually built 3 of our homes over the last 40 years and one we did design and built part of it ourselves. We have a good sense of dimension. I'm skeptical on the living room size. That's a "gezunta" piece of the sq footage.

No. I'm speaking to the specific instance DW described. If you're an adult and you're uncomfortable with the way someone is "approaching" you, there are ways to put a stop to it. From what I read -he wasn't able to do that. As I mentioned at some point -everyone is different and I can only speak for myself. I'm not assigning blame to a victim.
Aside from punching him or quitting his job, Dustin didn’t really have any power to stop Pete from “approaching” him. When the owner of a company is acting this way, and your livelihood depends on the job, it’s not as easy as you make it.

Keep in mind, I believe Dustin had just lost his best friend, he moved down to Orlando to pursue his Disney dream, and now he was working at what he thought was his dream job.

I agree!! We've actually built 3 of our homes over the last 40 years and one we did design and built part of it ourselves. We have a good sense of dimension. I'm skeptical on the living room size. That's a "gezunta" piece of the sq footage.
Let's put it this way: the typical residential 2-car garage, especially in older homes, is approximately 20' x 20', or 400 Sf. That means Pete's living room is allegedly the size of three garages... Or, conversely, 1,200 Sf is +/- equal to a 35' x 35' square.

This is what troubled me most over the years. Yeah. I notice things too. And not much added up. People left, some without so much as a thank you and others, we were told, left to pursue "other opportunities". But did they, really? Dustin was one of those people who we were told had an opportunity that he just couldn't pass up. And now we learn that after his departure, his local pawn shop dealer in Virginia became his new best friend as he sold off all of his A/V equipment, foundering his way through life trying to find another opportunity. We now know that Fiasco was a total wreck after he left. No new opportunity for him, by his own admission. How about JL? Yesterday we learned that she literally begged to keep her job. Knowing what a strong, talented, empowered woman she is, reading those IMs was gutwrenching. Yes, she landed just fine, eventually. She is way too talented no to. But make no mistake. She did not "leave to pursue another opportunity." We now know Sean's story. And Charles too. Which one of them "got a better offer" with better perks and more money? Deni and Panda? Don't know. But if I had to bet...

And this is what causes me the most consternation about the "behind the scenes" stuff and who knew what when. Dustin had friends--People to this day he still calls friends. Did they all think that he left to pursue another opportunity that he could not pass up? Did none of them know that he was pawning his life's work for walking around money? And JL? Did none of them know that she didn't want to leave, begged to stay, but got the boot anyway? Were they all so blind as to think that she and Fiasco and Sean and Charles all had unicorn and rainbow opportunities awaiting them? At what point does someone say: "STOP. Wait a second here. We are losing amazing talent at a shocking rate, and NONE of them is leaving to take a better job. I just talked to [fill in the blank] and s/he just told me that they are looking for work and barely paying their bills. Yet they left us. What gives?" Those questions had to have been asked and the future of the DIS enterprise including who stays around to pick up the pieces and who has no future with it depends on the answers. And we all know who has to answer first.
Ok but how many of them work for Pete and would say yes he left without another offer probably because Pete sucks and I get why they did it but I still gotta pay my bills?

Ryno stated on his live video Friday night they are employees if DUT not Pete directly.
Right but they still in that moment their job required them to work with Pete who was a nightmare and therefore a reasonable explanation as to why someone would leave without another job offer

Ok but how many of them work for Pete and would say yes he left without another offer probably because Pete sucks and I get why they did it but I still gotta pay my bills?
I guess what I was alluding too, (perhaps too obliquely), is that wouldn't it behoove some of the remaining employees (cough, cough, John, cough, cough) to stage an intervention and tell Pete that he has to change or else he risks jeopardizing the entire enterprise? How many talented people have to leave on account of one man before Mr. Christian and the rest of the crew confront Captain Bligh? Maybe they did. That's what I'd like to know. When Oliver up and quit because Pete insisted that Oliver work instead of being with his visiting parents, did anyone take on Pete and tell him that he was being unreasonable? When JL left the check for the overpayment and Pete fired her anyway, did anyone confront Pete and tell him that he can't let his single most important, talented on air personality go because of his stubbornness? Using 20/20 hindsight here, but clearly not enough was done to stop the monster in his tracks, and now they are all paying for it.

Ryno stated on his live video Friday night they are employees if DUT not Pete directly.
Which makes this worse on John. He was Pete's equal and had authority over these employees. He knew Pete better than most and allowed the abuse to go on. He did nothing to step in and help his employees. He let this monster use and abuse. HE IS COMPLICIT!

That’s dumber than using monera. Putting your house at risk of foreclosure on a luxury purchase?

Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.
It’s fine if interest rates are super low and you have the money invested somewhere, because you’ll probably make more keeping money invested than you’d have lost on a HELOC in say 2021.

At todays interest rates it would be financial suicide.

This site has always been a bit heavy handed when it came to moderation. In a sense, this site has mostly served as a way to get people to DU and that financial cash flow must be protected. So, any negative discussion of Pete, DU, or The Dis had to be immediately and quickly stomped out. Intentional or not, this moderation has allowed Pete to get away with much of what he has done. Yes, they are allowed to do delete and ban what they want on this site but, it is That behavior which has allowed this cancer to continue to spread for 20+ years.
People have referred to "the other site" and it's not the first, and not the only, "the other site" that has been discussing problems over here. Fortunately, the current "other site" is the one that finally was able to made an impact. Mods and Webmasters have known about these sites for decades. they have read what was posted. Some of them may have even secretly participated. In the end, if you posted on these other sites, and they figured out who you were, you were banned here.
Many people were banned during the first iteration of Discon which fell apart due to Pete. When people were asking for refunds, a lot of those checks bounced and if you brought it up, you were banned.
Many people were banned for complaining about the racist/ableist podcast. This was around 2009? 2010? and Disney held a naturalization ceremony, which got referred to as "The Parade Of Maids". Let that comment sink in for a minute. On the same podcast, because of how Bob was dressed, he was told he looked "like a retard". As a Latino, and as someone having a family member with Downs Syndrome, I wouldn't keep my mouth shut and that was why I was banned. While the podcast was eventually pulled, never was an apology made to these communities.
The point of this is to say that all of these problems and issues go back much further than most people here understand. They're not new and they're not unknown.

TTFN
Yup.... I was around when the "great banning" took place and that's how I found out about the other site. I couldn't believe how many people were banned at one time for simply being on the "other" site. I remember being disgusted by the racist comments made on that podcast. I remember being relieved that there was a place to discuss the issues that were taking place over here. This is why people thought the mods and webmasters were bullies... they were.

Unrelated question. I'm on the mobile web. How do I use those moving smiley face icons like your popcorn eating guy?
At the top of the reply box next to the button to add a picture there’s 3 dots on top of each other, tap that, and then click the smile that pops down from it .:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter