Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure the 95% of the mods are good people with good intentions but I'm saying the no right to a second opinion seems like it could have been apart of the issue. With one member being blocked for challenging the decision of a mod to then get more black points and banned.
Mods couldn’t block anyone. The most we could do was Report an individual to Webmasters.

The Webmasters were the enforcers. I was a TPAS mod and only helped with guidelines and making sure facts were correct when posted by others. On such busy boards, mods were basically income generators for a now known predator.

If you haven’t noticed, it’s Webmasters who are allowing this thread to run freely without any modifications. It’s Webmasters who are allowing previously banned posters to register and post. It appears the WMs aren’t checking IP addresses of new registrants.

Anybody know how you delete your account on here?

I think I’ve seen enough.
Unfortunately, accounts can’t be deleted. You can stop reading and posting. You can also go back to any of your previous posts and edit them while leaving only a /./ in their place.

As a former TPAS Mod, I was viewing this thread as a ‘cathartic space’ to feel less badly about all the income I helped generate for a predator. By posting, I hope I’m generating income for Corey!

Proof you can't get deleted here. Left years ago after getting in trouble for posting political stuff. Asked for my account to be deleted but it couldn't be. Stayed away after that.

Came back to say I am disappointed in the fact I ever defended PW. I too was one of the people that thought he worked hard for his money and that talking about after party events or only doing after party etc wasn't "flashy". I was in a different part of life then dealing with my own stuff I'm now far away from and also thought he was just a man spending his hard earned money. After everything I've read here I had debated going back and deleting old responses (they got a few negative interactions in the past few days) but you can't change the past by deleting it.

I hope the genuinely good people attached to the greater Dis umbrella don't get too much fall out and any victims have access to the help they need to heal. Then anyone who knew and covered up as well as PW get what they deserve.

Keep in mind, over here it’s well-mannered intelligent beings, over there it’s absolute SCUM, but it’s all the exact same people in both places.
FWIW, I am not registered over there and thus don't post. It would raise my blood pressure too much!

Since this is the thread for spilling about ye olden days, I know of one instance where someone requested that their account be deleted and it was. Including their posts, but not always if someone else had quoted something. Shoutout to all the News & Rumors peeps from the early to mid 2000s, the time of Sara and Luis as mods, who may remember. However, that person is a lawyer so everyone else YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter