Disboards certificate have expired.

You can renew before the expiration date. Hence why you never see this on most commercial sites. Just takes planning.
I think the past nearly two years probably has been a nightmare on the Travel Agent side, so the boards are less of a priority. They only get paid when folks take their trips, and I suspect there are many folks where they had to do all the work many times over and the client still hasn't taken the trip yet, so they haven't made a penny.

Well, since the DIS Boards are run by a Travel Agency, and Travel Agencies normally have someone monitoring their client emergency contact number 24 hours a day 365 days a year, it doesn't mean that the person on duty today is both a Travel expert and a web expert!
I think the past nearly two years probably has been a nightmare on the Travel Agent side, so the boards are less of a priority. They only get paid when folks take their trips, and I suspect there are many folks where they had to do all the work many times over and the client still hasn't taken the trip yet, so they haven't made a penny.
Hi, Just correcting this...

The Disboards are sponsored by a travel agency, not run by a travel agency. The site administrators are not part of Dreams Unlimited Travel. However, the travel agency does pay for these boards that allow us to chitchat with each other.

Hi, Just correcting this...

The Disboards are sponsored by a travel agency, not run by a travel agency. The site administrators are not part of Dreams Unlimited Travel. However, the travel agency does pay for these boards that allow us to chitchat with each other.
Learn something everyday and been on this boards 18 years. When I looked up Dreams Unlimited's address and look a Google street view they appear to be one in the same.633366

You can renew before the expiration date. Hence why you never see this on most commercial sites. Just takes planning.
Only annoying thing with the new rule is the max length a public cert can be is 397 days. So, if you renew more than a month in advance, you end up having to renew even sooner the following year. Stupid, IMHO, but it is what it is.

Learn something everyday and been on this boards 18 years. When I looked up Dreams Unlimited's address and look a Google street view they appear to be one in the same.View attachment 633366
That's a good pic, and I've actually been there.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is owned by Pete, John, and Donna, and run by them

wdwinfo.com and Disboards is owned by Pete and paid for by Pete/Dreams Unlimited, but run by Corey Martin (nothing to do with Dreams). Alex is also an administrator and is the one that fixed the expired cert today. He also doesn't have anything to do with Dreams.

Dis Unplugged is owned by Pete (I think) and produced by Craig, and is separate from the boards

That's a good pic, and I've actually been there.

Dreams Unlimited Travel is owned by Pete, John, and Donna, and run by them

wdwinfo.com and Disboards is owned by Pete and paid for by Pete/Dreams Unlimited, but run by Corey Martin (nothing to do with Dreams). Alex is also an administrator and is the one that fixed the expired cert today. He also doesn't have anything to do with Dreams.

Dis Unplugged is owned by Pete (I think) and produced by Craig, and is separate from the boards
I lurked for a year before joining and I didn't discovery the DIS boards until after I booked my DCL cruise. I found these boards as a link off "Dave's Disney Cruise Line Tribute Page", www.dcltribute.com and thought it was part of his page. Long time Disney cruisers probably remember that page. Wonder what happened to Dave? Here is a screen capture of Dave's page from archive.org 633436

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter