Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, answering a question from the last thread....

SallyfromDE wrote.... I really like that pattern. When you can find out what it is, let us know. The ruffles on the back, sort of remind me of the victorian dresses.

Thanks that was exactly the look I was going for. Anyway, I used this pattern...

https://www.youcanmakethis.com/info/featured-products/halter-dress-and-top-with-shirred-back.htm

I like the pattern and made several things from it. I have used the halter top quite a bit, in fact. I like that the top is quite modest and offers good coverage. However, I do not like the way it lays when tied around the neck. (If you look at the things others have made, you will probably see what I'm talking about.) That is why I added the buttonholes in the back to thread the straps through.

Well, poo. I go over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house for Easter, and end up on page 5. Oh well, at least it's a holiday, so I hope that I don't need a tardy pass. ;)

Marianne, that is so exciting about JoAnns. I emailed them awhile back and asked if they were going to build in this area. How far along did it look?

I haven't been around much since our trip last summer, but here are pics of Easter dresses that I made for the girls. Will begin sewing for our summer trip soon!

Checking In!! Hope everyone had a nice day!! It was actually beautiful down the beach!!!!:thumbsup2

I haven't even figured out what I am making for our trip. I did make this for my daughter to wear for Easter.

189867_189380497764133_183268201708696_371722_6959025_s.jpg

Is anyone going to be at the world May 21-26?
DH has a conference to attend and I'm going to tag along. I might as well since we have annual passes. I have a couple of days that I'll be winging it by myself, so I would love to meet up with anyone that might be there.

I am here!!! Busy busy Easter Sunday!!! :)

D - As always your AG outfit is ADORABLE!!! Your AG dresses are so labor intensive!!! I wish I had the patience you seem to have!!! They are so tiny to work with....

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

They turned out so great, I am making my daughter one with Rapunzel.

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

Thanks for looking. I hope everyone had a great Easter!

Too cute!!! We took quilt squares in December for signatures. I just haven't done anything with them yet!!!

Hello all :) I am brand new to DisBoards, but I am so happy to see this group here! I have been sewing for my kids since my 8 year old was a baby and I am so excited to make some special outfits for them for their first Disney trip (hopefully) next spring. I read a bit of the last thread but haven't made it through all yet - great inspiration there!

Ann (sorry, no sig yet)

Welcome!

I haven't been around much since our trip last summer, but here are pics of Easter dresses that I made for the girls. Will begin sewing for our summer trip soon!

Adorable!!! What pattern is that?

I knew the move would happen while I was over at my parents for Easter/Birthday dinner.

Moving over as my Pirate striped material arrived over the weekend and I will need some help at some point :goodvibes

Kirsten

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. :lovestruc

I just finished these up. They're pillow cases, to be autographed. They're huge - 24"x24" and they needed to have a pocket on the back, so I couldn't make an envelope type pillow case, so instead I just learned how to add a zipper. (Not too tough on these).

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

I really love the crisp and clean look that this has... Great job! :)

These turned out so cute! Everyone loves that pattern, but I have yet to try it out... I may be persuaded though. :)

D~

Jumping on. I hope everyone had a blessed Easter yesterday. I was away from the computer all day, so I had a lot of catching up to do this morning.

Love the pillowcases! They turned out beautifully. I'm looking forward to all the wonderful creations to come on the new thread! :flower3:

Love those dresses! That will likely be the next pattern I buy if I can get over my fear of zippers.

Checking In!! Hope everyone had a nice day!! It was actually beautiful down the beach!!!!:thumbsup2
Glad you had good weather. We were 85 and sunny so I was hoping you had a good beach day.

I haven't even figured out what I am making for our trip. I did make this for my daughter to wear for Easter.

It looks really cute but we need a bigger picture!

DSC_0553.jpg

DSC_0554.jpg

Awesome pillows! I love all of your creations.

Those look amazing!!!! What is the pocket on the back going to be for???

So this morning DH had to work EARLY ... the boys woke up with him... I made them wait until DAYLIGHT for their baskets ... Long story short, I decided we were going to get dressed and go to Biscuitville for brunch and go see DH at work ... This means a 40 mile drive from our house to Mooresville, NC (exit 36 off of 77) ... we did drive through and then drove back to exit 28 to take DH his biscuit at work ... where it turns out he was teaching a lesson (he's a golf pro) ... but it was ending so the boys & I walked up to the range to surprise him... turns out he was giving a lesson to Scott Clark - as in Scott Clark's Toyota (super big Toyota dealership) ... SUPER SUPER nice man!!!

Okay ... that is NOT why I'm telling you this ... I'm telling you this because I NEVER go to Mooresville ... SO SO SO glad I really wanted Biscuitville for Easter brunch today because GUESS WHAT IS OPENING SOON at the same exit???? A JOANN'S:woohoo::cool1::woohoo::cool1: !!!!!!!
So so SO excited!!!!!!!! There were also just a lot of good stores at that exit ... I'm interested to see what else is there ... But SERIOUSLY - a JOANN's!!!!!!!:cheer2::dance3::yay::banana::banana:

A JOANN'S in Mooresville!!!:yay: That's awesome...I can't wait for the Grand Opening!

Marianne, that is so exciting about JoAnns. I emailed them awhile back and asked if they were going to build in this area. How far along did it look?

A JOANN'S in Mooresville!!!:yay: That's awesome...I can't wait for the Grand Opening!

It's in an already established shopping center (but there is stuff in front on the street so you can't actually see the stores in the shopping center) ... JoAnn's sign is already on the big signage for the shopping center it just has a "COMING SOON" star on top of JoAnn's sign ...

I went online yesterday after I got home to see what sort of opening date to expect (because I don't drive up to Mooresville every week and didn't want to start torturing myself) ... They're already hiring but it looks like August according to the press releases I found ... :confused: There's NOTHING on JoAnn's website ... just the 4 stores "in our area" -Columbia, West Columbia, Winston-Salem, Greensboro and according to info I found this morning, a new store opened in Florence, SC on March 24th.

Now that I've driven up there once, I'm sure I'll do it again sometime in the next month and I'll plan on driving INTO the shopping center for more info ;)

Ah, checking in. Glad to be here before page 10 at least.

Good Morning Everyone!!!

A few updates on Trace and Perrin's big gives!!
Trace would really like a Shark Shirt for SW and his sister would love a Penguine one if anyone is up for making iron on's for them it would be GREAT!!

For Perrin, we could still use some special Baby things for his brother Alek, something for their universal day (Perrin loves Spiderman), Tie Dye shirts, and some of the little extra's that people like to send!!! I know it was a busy weekend, so after you've caught your breath, come on over and check out the board!!!! THANKS!!!!

Made it, I can handle page 2 :)

D~

Just wanted to say OMG, how did you do a rolled hem on those itty bitty legging??? That outfit and also the Jessie are wonderful.

Very pretty.

cute, but must be bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter