Disboutiquers Part 25 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone!!!

A few updates on Trace and Perrin's big gives!!
Trace would really like a Shark Shirt for SW and his sister would love a Penguine one if anyone is up for making iron on's for them it would be GREAT!!

For Perrin, we could still use some special Baby things for his brother Alek, something for their universal day (Perrin loves Spiderman), Tie Dye shirts, and some of the little extra's that people like to send!!! I know it was a busy weekend, so after you've caught your breath, come on over and check out the board!!!! THANKS!!!!

Hobby Lobby had some awesome spiderman fabric ... I know this b/c DS#1 was salivating over it :lmao:

I have decided it was not meant for me to do anything or try and post any pictures here!

I cannot get my photobucket account to work today. It lets me in and I can see half the pictures, but I can't upload to it. So I decided to upload the pictures to Facebook and then to here...not working this morning. My facebook account has been trying to upload two small pictures for the past hour. In the meantime, my account is frozen until they finish! ARGH!!

Anyway, I am totally at a loss without my embroidery machine. I did manage to make two crayon artfolios (pattern from YCMT) in the past few days. They were supposed to be part of the kids Easter, but I forgot to buy the crayons...and I am one short...so I am putting them back for Disney trip in September.

It has been so long since I posted an actual picture here, I thought I'd post pictures of them...but after all this time, I'm thinking it is not worth it! LOL

{Insert pretend picture of two crayon 'bags' (I really don't like the name of the pattern!). One is a green dot to match my DD10's beach bag and the other is a Mickey/Minnie print from WalMart in the pre-cut section. I've got one more to make in Princess fabric.}

Nini

Hello,

Just got off the phone with BBB to discover there is no chance Rapunzel will be an option for my little girl's 4th birthday. So, we downgraded to the Crown package and I'm getting the sewing going. I have a dress that I purchased that is almost the right shade of purple/pink and I'm going to create an overskirt, crosshatch lacings for the bodice, and the requisite poofed sleeves. I have two weeks to do this before our trip. I thought I'd post my adventures here to get ideas and advice if I get stuck.

A little about me: I'm a newbie sewer (as in I took the required classes in home economics in junior high and have done small projects here and there since. For example, I've sewed simple outfits for my kids and their dolls, created some halloween costumes, and do my own hemming. I've done everything by hand so far).

Today is Day 1 of this sewing adventure. I am going to the fabric store this afternoon. If this is in the wrong place feel free to boot me out.

Hello,

Just got off the phone with BBB to discover there is no chance Rapunzel will be an option for my little girl's 4th birthday. So, we downgraded to the Crown package and I'm getting the sewing going. I have a dress that I purchased that is almost the right shade of purple/pink and I'm going to create an overskirt, crosshatch lacings for the bodice, and the requisite poofed sleeves. I have two weeks to do this before our trip. I thought I'd post my adventures here to get ideas and advice if I get stuck.

A little about me: I'm a newbie sewer (as in I took the required classes in home economics in junior high and have done small projects here and there since. For example, I've sewed simple outfits for my kids and their dolls, created some halloween costumes, and do my own hemming. I've done everything by hand so far).

Today is Day 1 of this sewing adventure. I am going to the fabric store this afternoon. If this is in the wrong place feel free to boot me out.

This is actually the perfect place for you!!!! We are all at different levels!! I really have learned alot about sewing on here from all the experienced peoples!!! WELCOME!!!

Nini - sorry you are having embroidery machine withdrawal...how long till she's fixed?:wizard:

Finished up my daughters Rapunzel pillow. I love how it turned out. And I got to see it with the pillow in it! I did this one 16"x16" and it was much easier to manuver. I also recommend doing 1/2" seams at least, instead of 1/4".

The Rapunzel and words are mine and the motif on the back is Heather's. I LOVE the motif..it is so pretty!

DSC_0674.jpg
DSC_0675.jpg

My to do list is getting smaller!

Subbing! Shamefully fell into lurkdom again. When I get a chance, I'll have to post pics of what sewing I got up to the last couple months....and we got a nice surprise! My cousin is scoring tickets to Disney on Ice Friday night and offered some to us as well! Toy Story 3 is the theme and I just happen to have some Toy Story fabric I found in a remnant bin. I'm thinking I need to whip up a Scallopini skirt, since I already have a lower panel cut out and ready due to a folding mishap when I made my first one last year--I ended up cutting 4 instead of 2! :laughing:

Finished up my daughters Rapunzel pillow. I love how it turned out. And I got to see it with the pillow in it! I did this one 16"x16" and it was much easier to manuver. I also recommend doing 1/2" seams at least, instead of 1/4".

The Rapunzel and words are mine and the motif on the back is Heather's. I LOVE the motif..it is so pretty!

DSC_0674.jpg
DSC_0675.jpg

Absolutely Beautiful!!!

This is actually the perfect place for you!!!! We are all at different levels!! I really have learned alot about sewing on here from all the experienced peoples!!! WELCOME!!!

Nini - sorry you are having embroidery machine withdrawal...how long till she's fixed?:wizard:

I dropped it off last Monday. They said 2 and a half to 3 weeks before they will get to it...so I'm guessing I have at least another 2 weeks to go!

I had to learn how to work on my quilter myself, since everywhere around here said they had a 6 week back log and I couldn't wait that long. Hubby said I need to learn how to fix the Brother's so I could keep mine working! We actually played around with the idea of buying one of those super duper professional type models...but after I saw the prices I changed my mind ...QUICKLY!

Today is the third week in a row my 'student' has cancelled on me, so I am at a loss totally today! Hopefully she will feel better tomorrow and I can at least get some teaching done. I need to really decide if I want to start offering beginner sewing lessons ...and get PAID for it! LOL

==========

Just found out my middle son, 28, is going to have some knee surgery next Thursday. He was involved in an automobile accident on Christmas night and really messed up his knee. (Totaled his truck, out of work for 8 weeks) Now he will be out of work for another 6 weeks with this. Hopefully they will figure out exactly what is causing the problem. He is 6 ft 7 in tall and his knee hit the dashboard. They thought he had broken or chipped a couple of bones, and/or tore his ACL. He has been in PT since the accident and it keeps getting worse. So, this scope should at least figure out what is going on.

Sometimes being a mom isn't fun!

Now, if I can just convince the Princess that we need to go down and at least look at the studio! Don't think it is happening....the last three times I conned her into going down she was upset that I am not making her the Princess dress she wanted!
Nini

I'm here just checking in before we get to far along....page 6 already wow!

Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Update: I ended up removing the yellow ribbon fromthe waistline of the Minnie dot peasent dress. We had a tough time getting it on and off! Once the ribbon was off the dress fit perfectly went on and off easily. So I am going to just add a ribbon sash/bow (yellow) instead.

I ordered the book : Sewing Clothes kids love. So I will be able to make a few Feliz and other dresses in the weeks to come.

Next up is the Cathy dress, and a few halter type summer dresses I have seen so many on YCMT any suggestions or recommendations for patterns which come together nicely? I do have the simply sweet which I need to take to Kinkos and up size and test it out....

ok need ot go back and read pages 2-6 now

Made the move a little late, but better late than never....will be spending my week completing my son's SENIOR scrapbook project....every school in our county requires this project each year and it is due NEXT monday! so no sewing for me this week....just 7,000 pictures to sort thru and scrapbook.

Had to help w/my older son's when he was in school and I got an A+ on that one, so I am better prepared this time:lmao:

hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

LOVE the Rapunzel pillow, and the Easter outfits are really lovely- need a little pixie dust- I'm planning to cut off the bodice of Dd's previous princess b-day dress with all the appliqués on it to make a skirt for Disney on ice- and I'm totally freaking out that I'm going to destroy it- please tell me it will be ok; and it's better to make a skirt she'll wear than keep it in storage...

I have decided it was not meant for me to do anything or try and post any pictures here!

I cannot get my photobucket account to work today. It lets me in and I can see half the pictures, but I can't upload to it. So I decided to upload the pictures to Facebook and then to here...not working this morning. My facebook account has been trying to upload two small pictures for the past hour. In the meantime, my account is frozen until they finish! ARGH!!

Anyway, I am totally at a loss without my embroidery machine. I did manage to make two crayon artfolios (pattern from YCMT) in the past few days. They were supposed to be part of the kids Easter, but I forgot to buy the crayons...and I am one short...so I am putting them back for Disney trip in September.

It has been so long since I posted an actual picture here, I thought I'd post pictures of them...but after all this time, I'm thinking it is not worth it! LOL

{Insert pretend picture of two crayon 'bags' (I really don't like the name of the pattern!). One is a green dot to match my DD10's beach bag and the other is a Mickey/Minnie print from WalMart in the pre-cut section. I've got one more to make in Princess fabric.}

Nini
Wow! Your crayon bags are awesome! You are sooo talented. I love the fabrics. :lmao:

I decided to do something sergerless until I get my behind to sew-vac for serger needles. So I decided to make an Eye Spy bag and do a tutorial with it since a couple of people asked about them -- a month or so ago! Boy, it sure takes long with taking all these pictures along the way. And I thought I had oodles of things to put inside but I'm actually still searching for a couple of more items -- came downstairs to trade my son and get some of his nickles so I can keep a stash of them with my Eye Spy stuff. I dread loading all the photos for the tut. Don't know when I'll get around to doing that.

Hello,

Welcome! Look back at part 24 b/c there were really nice Rapunzel dresses posted.

DSC_0674.jpg
th_DSC_0675.jpg

LOVE it! Such pretty colors -- that would actually look nice in my dd's room.

I had a lovely time in Florida and it was hard to come back to the snow and cold of Wyoming. Today is blizzards on and off so I find myself remembering the long walks on the warm beaches with the sun drenching our skin.

It was a great vacation and we did get to see Jimmy Buffett in both Tampa and West Palm Beach. It never rained and we got to see both sun up and sun set on the different coasts.

The night before I left for Tampa I got stung by a sting ray. I was not doing the shuffle and all I can say is Wow, pain that is at the same level as child birth. My foot still is swollen but it will pass and venom leaves my system.

I don't have any plans for the rest of summer but who knows. Now to go back and ready the previous pages.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter, He has Risen.

I made it - and only on page 7 this time, woo hoo!

Special shout outs to Wendy for posting on my FB wall and Jennie for sending me a message. . .

Marianne0310 said:
We are going to Disney Thanksgiving week to celebrate our youngest grandaughters 1st birthday. Would you mind if used your birthday dress for inspiration?

OF COURSE (so long as it is for personal use of course) - I'd be flattered!

I got some stuff finished up this weekend, but first a pic of my 13 yr old on Tropical day at school:

IMG_7173.jpg

An apron from a Kit that my mom bought at Walmart. She thought they were cute so bought 2 for me to make for her.

IMG_7176.jpg

A dress made out of an old Tshirt of my sons. He hates to get rid of his old clothes, but I think having me refashion them for someone else is helping him let go a little. (just made this up to try out, it really isn't for anyone.)

IMG_7174.jpg

And finally, a baby quilt. I have been really loving stripes lately and saw a quilt made up like this a while ago, so when I saw this fabric (and the co-ordinating girl fabric to be seen at a later date) I knew I had to make this up. It's about 40" x 32", and the backing and binding are both flannel, so really snuggly.

IMG_7177.jpg

Look, I used a solid (doesn't happen too often in my sewing room)

IMG_7179.jpg

I even quilted it myself, and am so proud of it, cause it is the first time I have done something different than 'stitch in the ditch' or sending it to my aunt to be done on the long arm.

Page 7? yikes.

I made my girl's matching Easter dresses with the newest SisBoom pattern.

MarissaDresses13.jpg

MarissaDresses14.jpg

My niece is turning one next month and with HeatherSue's fabulous designs I was able to make a great dress for her. I really need to get better photos.
Sesamestreet6.jpg

Sesamestreet7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter