Discounted Annual Passes - Information and Official Exchange Thread

Answering a few of the questions.

It appears that it will be in the Mickey Monitor. So you have to be a current Passholder to get the new/current issue.

If you are a Passholder and have not received the MM with the card, there is a procedure in place. There is a special form available at Guest Relations Offices (but not ticket windows, since they don't have "normal" printers) to send in to get the MM and card. The AP or PAP will then be sold at full price. The purchaser then comes back with the receipt and the card by July 31st and gets a 10% refund. (And there is also a procedure in place if they cannot return by that date.)

Since a MYW ticket can be upgraded to an AP or PAP at the discounted rate, the regular "Upgrade to AP" rules apply, including bridging prices if the original tickets were purchased at a discount.

This does apply to DVC discounted APs also, but the DVC Mmeber must have their Membership Card with them as certain data from that must go into the system.

It appears that it will be in the Mickey Monitor. So you have to be a current Passholder to get the new/current issue.

If you are a Passholder and have not received the MM with the card, there is a procedure in place. There is a special form available at Guest Relations Offices (but not ticket windows, since they don't have "normal" printers) to send in to get the MM and card. The AP or PAP will then be sold at full price. The purchaser then comes back with the receipt and the card by July 31st and gets a 10% refund. (And there is also a procedure in place if they cannot return by that date.)

Since a MYW ticket can be upgraded to an AP or PAP at the discounted rate, the regular "Upgrade to AP" rules apply, including bridging prices if the original tickets were purchased at a discount.

This does apply to DVC discounted APs also, but the DVC Mmeber must have their Membership Card with them as certain data from that must go into the system.

Cheshire, what exactly does that mean "bridging" if the tickets were purchased at a discount?

Suzanne

That is when we start with a discounted ticket and issue an intermediate ticket, charged to an internal account, to bring the dollar value of the original ticket to the Current Gate Price. Then we upgrade the intermediate ticket to whatever it is being upgraded to, and the Guest only pays the difference between the CGP of the old ticket and the CGP of the ticket being upgraded to (plus tax, of course).

So if I am reading this right. We have 3 Aps in our house. But if we are lucky we may get 1 MM (we don't always get them), so we will only get 1 referral card right?

So if I am reading this right. We have 3 Aps in our house. But if we are lucky we may get 1 MM (we don't always get them), so we will only get 1 referral card right?

All four of us have had APs at one time (not necessarily purchased at one time), but we've only gotten one Mickey Monitor. Maybe I should make sure DW registers on the web site... :)

So if I am unable to get someone's pass along card before I leave for the World on May 8, I may be able to get the discount after the fact if I get this form and return a card and receipt prior to 7/31, even if I can't go back in person?

Please let me know if anyone has their savings card and is willing to find a way to get it to me? I would love to save 10%!:banana:

That is when we start with a discounted ticket and issue an intermediate ticket, charged to an internal account, to bring the dollar value of the original ticket to the Current Gate Price. Then we upgrade the intermediate ticket to whatever it is being upgraded to, and the Guest only pays the difference between the CGP of the old ticket and the CGP of the ticket being upgraded to (plus tax, of course).

Thank you

Suzanne

I am leaving for WDW on May 14th and I would love to get a coupon. If there is an AP holder with one, I would love you to PM me please.

I have an AP - wanted to get APs for my 3 kids. So would save 10% and get a $25 gift card for each one of them I sign up for an AP, right? Sounds good to me.
BUT.... am I reading this right? you HAVE to do this at WDW - can't do it over the phone?
We won't be there till August. If could do it over the phone, would love to do it sometime in July and get their passes. But am I reading the whole thing right, that us not physically being in Disney till August, that we're outta luck??

Hi I would love to have your card. We are going for my birthday and just decided today to purchase 2 annual passes.

I have an AP - wanted to get APs for my 3 kids. So would save 10% and get a $25 gift card for each one of them I sign up for an AP, right? Sounds good to me.
BUT.... am I reading this right? you HAVE to do this at WDW - can't do it over the phone?
We won't be there till August. If could do it over the phone, would love to do it sometime in July and get their passes. But am I reading the whole thing right, that us not physically being in Disney till August, that we're outta luck??

From my reading of the FAQs that is correct, you can only do it at the theme parks.

I am new to this so bear with me. We are purchasing 2 passes so I would need to get my hands on someones card before May 22nd.

Thanks so much!!!!!!! This would be the best birthday present ever!

I am new to this so bear with me. We are purchasing 2 passes so I would need to get my hands on someones card before May 22nd.

Thanks so much!!!!!!! This would be the best birthday present ever!

Welcome! I think many of us are in the same boat. Just got to find passholders who dont need the coupon.

1. To do this you must be a current AP or PAP holder. If you are not a current passholder you will not get the referral card.

2. It can only be done at a WDW ticket window or Guest Relations Office. The (internally) published information specifically excludes purchase of exchange certificates/vouchers.

3. The program ends on July 31, 2009. If the purchase has not been made by that date at WDW it does not apply.

livndisney said:
So if I am reading this right. We have 3 APs in our house. But if we are lucky we may get 1 MM (we don't always get them), so we will only get 1 referral card right?
That is correct. There is only one referral card per family.

Well If I EVER got the Monitor I would be glad to pass this on, but I don't think it will arrive in my mail box this year!

To the Person who just PMed me thanks so much. I haven't posted enough times yet to personally reply and I look forward to further contact for exchange.

Thanks again.:yay:

I have not heard of this offer before, is it new? How much will the final price be with the DVC discount?

I have a 10-day pass from last year that I was planning on using for 1 day and then upgrading to an AP. I don't currently have an AP. Will I get a 10% discount right then or do I have to have one of these Pass Along Savings Cards from someone who may not be using theirs? TIA:goodvibes

If anyone has an extra pass that they would kindly like to pass along It would be bery much appreciated. I purchased 3 APs online for our upcoming trip and just found out that we'll be needing THREE more plus airfare. We are planning to drive but the school schedule changes have radically altered the plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter