Discounts for July 2018?

Do we think a new offer will be released 3/7 when the current deal expires or do we expect a gap of time between?

I am also eagerly waiting for a 20% off room rate at the Contemporary....I looked and two years I booked at that discount on 3/16. I think we are close, but not sure if it will start 3/8!

We just changed our trip from November to July 21-30 so we can stay longer and celebrate my sons birthday. So, of course I am now keeping an eye out for discounts I am just glad I was able to get all my ADRs that I wanted since it was past the 180 days.

eagerly waiting for July discounts as well....have not booked anything but ready...oh so ready....

We are going the end of June. I couldn't wait for any discounts.. usually we get them by now. I book in Feb for June. There were barely any affordable rooms left (I do Mod or Deluxe) for the week I was going. At least I am going though!!!

Ohhh and the CM mentioned on the phone with TSL opening in the 30th (which we miss..gah!) he isn't sure if there are going to be discounts due to demand of people wanting to book just for the new park area. I asked if I could adjust if I get a deal ( I sometimes get them with my Disney Visa, but nothing ...) and he was not forthcoming with that information.

I took a look at my reservation and now that rack rates were raised a bit ago, I think my current booking will be cheaper even IF they release a 10-15% discount.

I took a look at my reservation and now that rack rates were raised a bit ago, I think my current booking will be cheaper even IF they release a 10-15% discount.
Rack rates have not been raised. They are set for the year. However, the ticket prices have increased.

And, it's possible the room category you were looking at may have sold out and only a more expensive room category remains.

Rack rates have not been raised. They are set for the year. However, the ticket prices have increased.

And, it's possible the room category you were looking at may have sold out and only a more expensive room category remains.
I wish that were true. My stay for the exact same room/dates rose a bit ago. Others confirmed on these boards as well.

I wish that were true. My stay for the exact same room/dates rose a bit ago. Others confirmed on these boards as well.
Is it a package rate (with tickets)? If so, the cost of the cost of the package has increased because of the ticket price. But if you are pricing just the room, it should not have increased. What resort and dates is it? We can calculate what it should be. I use the mousesavers rates and it's always been very accurate.

Just FYI, this is a very rare, almost unheard of occurrence, but Disney did do a small 2018 rack rate increase a few weeks ago, at least at the deluxes (not sure about other categories). The increases were around $15-$20ish per night in my spot checking.

Is it a package rate (with tickets)? If so, the cost of the cost of the package has increased because of the ticket price. But if you are pricing just the room, it should not have increased. What resort and dates is it? We can calculate what it should be. I use the mousesavers rates and it's always been very accurate.
It's a room only....and I'm sure it did! There's always a first for everything - especially when it comes to Disney raising prices.

Just FYI, this is a very rare, almost unheard of occurrence, but Disney did do a small 2018 rack rate increase a few weeks ago, at least at the deluxes (not sure about other categories). The increases were around $15-$20ish per night in my spot checking.
Yes. Both resorts of my split stay - BC and AoA Suite went up.

It's a room only....and I'm sure it did! There's always a first for everything - especially when it comes to Disney raising prices.

Yes. Both resorts of my split stay - BC and AoA Suite went up.

Wow, this is a first! All seasons? Are the rates on Mousesavers wrong?

P.S. - My dates are coming up exactly the same...

Last edited:
Yeah, TBH I was sort of surprised it didn’t get more ‘attention’ around here. :-)

For the deluxes I checked, it was the entire rest of the year. At the time it happened, Mousesavers had not been updated but not sure if it has now.

OK, so I am looking around at some dates, and I think there *is* something going on, but it doesn't seem to affect my July dates/resort. But, when I look at December, Mousesavers had 3 different rates for some dates, but only 2 rates for other dates. I think what has happened is that now for the dates that had two rates, Thursdays are now being included in the higher "weekend" rate. Would that account for the change in rates that you are all seeing?

OK, so I am looking around at some dates, and I think there *is* something going on, but it doesn't seem to affect my July dates/resort. But, when I look at December, Mousesavers had 3 different rates for some dates, but only 2 rates for other dates. I think what has happened is that now for the dates that had two rates, Thursdays are now being included in the higher "weekend" rate. Would that account for the change in rates that you are all seeing?

I’m not sure about it being Thursdays. Here’s a thread from a few weeks ago when it first popped up as topic: https://www.disboards.com/threads/resort-price-increases.3665952/#post-58848976 Mostly consistent comments, but some inconsistent?

I should caveat, my spot checking of new rates vs existing reservations and ones I was planning was for mostly CL rooms - it’s possible the increases were more isolated to that room category and not totally widespread. Just not sure.

One of my stays involves a Thursday....the other does not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter