Discounts on Universal Passes

Originally posted by Suzyq123
Ok
Has anyone used this at City Walk ? Which are the "select venues" And is there usually a fee to get into citywalk like there is at Disney's Pleasure Island after a certain time?
There is no fee to "get into" City Walk at all. Some of the clubs charge an entrance fee after a certain time.

Is the limited date Annual Pass ($99) only available online on the Universal web site? Would AAA sell these at a discount or is there a FAN club discount? We have both. We were going to just get a one day pass ($53) but for $50 bucks more the annual pass might be the way to go. We will probably be back before next year. Could I but this pass now and activate it in October (like the WDW annual passes?) Thanks!

Originally posted by PatriciaH
Is the limited date Annual Pass ($99) only available online on the Universal web site? Would AAA sell these at a discount or is there a FAN club discount? We have both. We were going to just get a one day pass ($53) but for $50 bucks more the annual pass might be the way to go. We will probably be back before next year. Could I but this pass now and activate it in October (like the WDW annual passes?) Thanks!

Well, I just read the Power Pass thread below and answered my own questions! Thanks! :hyper:

I thought I'd let you know what just happened w/me and my Universal 5 day ticket purchase.

I called the 888-837-2273 number to ask about my Entertainment $10.00 per ticket coupons and if using them would give me a better deal than purchasing on-line for the $94.95 price 5 day passes.
Since we'll only be there for 3 days, I thought I may be able to get a better deal w/using the Entertainment coupon. Wrong. The 3 day pass was $119.00 pperson before taxes.
O.K. so now I ask is the on-line deal @94.95 is the best deal available? I'm told yes ~ I make the purchase via telephone w/free standard shipping (just a $2.00 processing fee). Total is $406.48 for the four 5 day bonus tickets. I'm happy w/that deal.

I then go back to the tickets.universalstudios.com website to check out the Mastercard deal thinking it must be $94.95 per ticket, just want to make sure. Not so!!
The deal w/using your Mastercard gets you your ticket for $89.95. ea. I call back and ask them if they are aware of this Mastercard deal. They tell me "no". I cancel that order and then place my order online using my mastercard. Now I know it's only a savings of $21.27, but it's a savings none-the-less. I'm getting a free 5th ticket, which I don't need (any suggestions for what to do w/it?); but that's not the point. If you use your mastercard, your ticket price will be $89.95, not $94.95. Just had to share this experience!

Hi--I was looking at the mastercard deal and I figured it to be $71.96 each---is that right?? I saw someone said something about 89 but it was $359.8- divided by 5 = 71.96 the way I figure it. Please let me know if this is right. Also we are going next week--how long does it take to get these tickets--must they be mailed to me or can we pick them up down there? Thanks, Terry

Hi Terry,

The $359.80 is the amount before any taxes are added.
This is the exact amount I was given before tax.

They'll ship them to you for an additional charge, but I'm picking our tickets up at the front gate of Universal. (I wouldn't bother w/shipping if I were going next week).

There are directions at the ticket website for using a separate kiosk ~ you scan your mastercard again (no add. charges), they validate your tickets, spit them out for you and you're good to go!

I spent hours this past Saturday morning looking for the best deal for tickets & this mastercard was the best I could find. Good luck and have a great vacation!

One more thing ~

You need to divide the 359.80 by four tickets, not five.

This gives you $89.95 per ticket, w/the fifth ticket being free.

I think my total ended up being $385. and change for the mastercard deal.

Thanks for the info---I was worried about getting them mailed here in time. We actually need 6 tickets---do you know of any good deals for the extra ticket? THis is our first time going so I am not familiar with anything. These tickets allow you to do the express pass thing too, right-----where you can go to the ticket thing and get passes to come back for the rides---it is not the deal where you pay extra and get to go to the express line, right? Thanks, Terry

also---we will actually be getting 5 tickets, right? Sorry to be so dense about this, I just want to make sure I am getting the right thing ordered. We are going to have 5 adults and 2 children. Thanks again, Terry

Yes, Terry, you will get 5 tickets w/the Mastercard deal for the price of four.

Call 888-837-2273 and ask the operator about getting one more ticket. Tell her you're doing the Mastercard deal on the internet and ask her what's the best deal available for one additional ticket. These people are paid to be helpful.

I'm not familiar w/paying extra for an express line. For the past two visits, we've been spoiled by staying on-site. Search these boards for more information.

Good luck! Your family will love Universal!

Can someone point me to the MC deal? I have looked before - I'm ready to purchase today and can't find the link.

TIA

Mom2Madi

Does anyone know what the experation dates are on the mastercard promo 5 ticket free? My brother needs 4 tickets and would have 1 extra, could that ticket be used 6 months later for a return trip? thanks

When I asked they said there is no expiration date. I also only need 4. I plan to sell it either there or when i return home.

Seems like the completely unused tickets are good indefinitely. You can always call Universal's 800 number to be sure.

Dear: CanadaPT

We're heading to USO in June. Staying at the RPH. Saw your link to this Kraft deal and could not believe the difference in price. Is this a Canadian (Canada) only deal ? I wouldn't want to type all the info only to have it tell me "good only in Canada"

Please advise...thanks !

I couldn't connect to the "kraft deal" through the link and couldn't find it on the site anywhere. Has it expired?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter