DISDad's Locker Room - The place for Sports Talk

The first step is admitting there is a problem. Well done!

Do you know a good therapist. You guys certainly aren't helping by encouraging me. :rotfl:

And just because I know you don't like them and we can keep it sports related......PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS. HAHA.:rotfl2:

Do you know a good therapist. You guys certainly aren't helping by encouraging me. :rotfl:

And just because I know you don't like them and we can keep it sports related......PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS, PATRIOTS. HAHA.:rotfl2:

I don't mind the Patriots and I hate the Ravens so I guess you know who I will be chearing for.

Chip Kelly is the new Eagles coach. Is this a good thing? :confused3

Has he coached in the NFL before?

Nope, not in the NFL. His record at Oregon was 49-7 or something like that.

I am still trying to figure out why a coach that is being paid millions of dollars to coach in college, has one of the top programs in the country and boosters that pretty much make everything awesome would want to coach in the NFL. No security, limited control and just a lot more time and effort needed. I guess it's just an ego boost.

Philly is going to be a mess for the next couple of years. What do you do with Vick? Good luck to him.

Gotta go work on my 2K speech.

I am still trying to figure out why a coach that is being paid millions of dollars to coach in college, has one of the top programs in the country and boosters that pretty much make everything awesome would want to coach in the NFL. No security, limited control and just a lot more time and effort needed. I guess it's just an ego boost.

Philly is going to be a mess for the next couple of years. What do you do with Vick? Good luck to him.

I think he is a good coach but the track record for college coaches in the NFL is a bit hit and miss isn't it?

Why would you leave a successful program - I can't speak for coaching in the pros but when I was coaching, it was about the challenge to be successful at another level. I coached HS and club volleyball to a level where I met my personal goals and then set my sites on being the Provincial team coach. After doing that I wanted to see if I could coach at the university level so I tried that for 7 years. It was all about testing myself.

On a college basketball note, I hate Wisconsin :furious:
On Wisconsin!!!!!!

Hate is a strong word, especially since I don't know anything about them.

That being said, Go Kentucky!!
Ok, don't go there. If you don't live in the state of Kentucky, you hate them. That's like a law. :rolleyes1

Everyone outside of Drunken Sconnie Land hates Wisconsin.
True, but I'm giving them a 24 hour pass. :thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

No. No it isn't. In fact I keep looking at these hires thinking "Really????" Truthfully, he might be the best hire of all of them, but I'm pretty sure the Browns might as well go ahead and start their next coaching search right now. :rotfl2::lmao:

I think he is a good coach but the track record for college coaches in the NFL is a bit hit and miss isn't it?

Why would you leave a successful program - I can't speak for coaching in the pros but when I was coaching, it was about the challenge to be successful at another level. I coached HS and club volleyball to a level where I met my personal goals and then set my sites on being the Provincial team coach. After doing that I wanted to see if I could coach at the university level so I tried that for 7 years. It was all about testing myself.

I understand where you're coming from about challenging himself Darcy, and that makes a lot of sense. There really isn't any other obvious explanation that I can think of. I always question when a coach makes that leap, especially someone in a position like he was in. He had a legitimate shot at a national championship next year and had a nice little program built up with Nike money behind him. That would be hard to leave. In a way it is a shame that we see less of the coaching dynasties that used to exist in college football.

One thing to think about though, regardless of the inconsistent results college coaches have seen in the NFL, you've got to look at Spurrier and Saban and realize that if you really are an elite college coach there will be other top tier opportunities awaiting you if you're out of the NFL in 2 years.

On Wisconsin!!!!!!

Ok, don't go there. If you don't live in the state of Kentucky, you hate them. That's like a law. :rolleyes1

True, but I'm giving them a 24 hour pass. :thumbsup2 :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

No. No it isn't. In fact I keep looking at these hires thinking "Really????" Truthfully, he might be the best hire of all of them, but I'm pretty sure the Browns might as well go ahead and start their next coaching search right now. :rotfl2::lmao:

I understand where you're coming from about challenging himself Darcy, and that makes a lot of sense. There really isn't any other obvious explanation that I can think of. I always question when a coach makes that leap, especially someone in a position like he was in. He had a legitimate shot at a national championship next year and had a nice little program built up with Nike money behind him. That would be hard to leave. In a way it is a shame that we see less of the coaching dynasties that used to exist in college football.

One thing to think about though, regardless of the inconsistent results college coaches have seen in the NFL, you've got to look at Spurrier and Saban and realize that if you really are an elite college coach there will be other top tier opportunities awaiting you if you're out of the NFL in 2 years.

I've been a Kentucky fan since the Rex Chapman Days and the only time I've been to Kentucky was when I had a connection at the Cincy airport.

On why would Kelly leave, Maddog radio just mentioned the possibility of an NCAA recruiting investigation may be on the way.

I agree as well, my point was that if you are one of the top college coaches in the country and you have kids begging to play there, can pretty much name your compensation and are adored by millions why would you want the stress of the NFL. I agree with the push yourself argument to a point, but I think it is ego more than just challenging yourself. Let's be realistic. In most cases, the team with the best players wins in the NFL. There are a few exceptions, but not that many. I don't see them giving him full authority over drafting and signing players so his success really depends on others instead of on himself. Just thinking I would prefer to stay at Oregon and dominate the college ranks.

No offense to Philly dads, but the fans there are animals (I was at that Superbowl so it is not here say) and the organization is in shambles right now. Not sure they'll be good for a few years regardless of the coach.

No offense to Philly dads, but the fans there are animals (I was at that Superbowl so it is not here say) and the organization is in shambles right now. Not sure they'll be good for a few years regardless of the coach.

There are animals everywhere. Philly has its share of idiots, but the stereotype gets old. There are plenty of instances of fans acting like maniacs in other cities as well.

I don't know what to think about Kelly. It's obvious he has an innovative mind and the fact that even the Patriots have gone to him to incorporate parts of his offense means a lot. And recently college coaches have been doing well with the transition to the NFL.

On the other hand, he has no NFL experience and doesn't run the defense. And the Eagles' defense was one of the worst I've ever seen last year.:confused3

On why would Kelly leave, Maddog radio just mentioned the possibility of an NCAA recruiting investigation may be on the way.
Hmmm... and another reason college coaches tend to pack up and move. Pete Carroll???

I agree as well, my point was that if you are one of the top college coaches in the country and you have kids begging to play there, can pretty much name your compensation and are adored by millions why would you want the stress of the NFL. I agree with the push yourself argument to a point, but I think it is ego more than just challenging yourself. Let's be realistic. In most cases, the team with the best players wins in the NFL. There are a few exceptions, but not that many. I don't see them giving him full authority over drafting and signing players so his success really depends on others instead of on himself. Just thinking I would prefer to stay at Oregon and dominate the college ranks.
I tend to agree with that. To me, college football is all about the Bo Schembechler, Bobby Bowden, Bear Bryant type coaches that consistently run top tier programs and stay in one place long enough to become synonymous with it. Even though I really am not a fan of any of those dynasties, rooting against them can be almost as fun as rooting for them. I'd love to see more coaches staying around and pursuing national championships instead of looking for the first chance to move on to greener pastures.

Looks to me like Saban might be the next best candidate to be one of those guys unless he decides he wants to take another stab at the NFL.

There are animals everywhere. Philly has its share of idiots, but the stereotype gets old. There are plenty of instances of fans acting like maniacs in other cities as well.
True, but the most famous ones are Philly.

But, Philly fans didn't throw beer at basketball players and start a brawl

And they didn't have a father and son bonding instance of beating up a Royals base coach.

So I guess the Philly fans need to step up their game if they want to live up to the hype.:rolleyes1

On the other hand, he has no NFL experience and doesn't run the defense. And the Eagles' defense was one of the worst I've ever seen last year.:confused3
True, but maybe he can at least hire a high school defensive coordinator instead of a high school O line coach to handle the defense. :rotfl::lmao:

I'm a huge fan of ETSU Football. Undefeated since 2003.

Go Bucs!!!

You all filled several pages without even talking about a game. I could have posted the play by play from the UK game last night.

On a college basketball note, I hate Wisconsin :furious:

How about them #1 UL Cardinals!

Hate is a strong word, especially since I don't know anything about them.

That being said, Go Kentucky!!

What a smart Canadian.

Where is the vomit emoticon???

Jealous.

Meet the next fired coach of the Eagles. I hope it works, but even Saban didn't last in the NFL.

That's just some stupid Hoosier rule.

I've been a Kentucky fan since the Rex Chapman Days and the only time I've been to Kentucky was when I had a connection at the Cincy airport..

You know I live in the city that Rex Chapman is from.

Captain_Oblivious said:

The Eagles are a mess. Don't know why he took it. Hope they give him time to clean that place up first.

What a smart Canadian.

You know I live in the city that Rex Chapman is from.

and I married a Kentucky fan. Unfortunately that is really the only team we know have in common, now that the Expos have packed up and become the Nationals.

I am a HUGE Kansas Jayhawks basketball fan (I'll watch college football games, I just don't get into them nearly as much).

They're coming together nicely this year. Red-shirt freshman Ben McLemore is going to be a Top-5 NBA draft pick very soon (probably this off-season), and he is an absolute joy to watch play the game of basketball.

Anyone watching the Celtics losing to coach Rivers son? It's gotta be a little bitter sweet. I think the Celts will still pull it out. Can't imagine coaching against my own kid. Austin Rivers is a pretty good player , but the team need another scorer or two.

Anyone watching the Celtics losing to coach Rivers son? It's gotta be a little bitter sweet. I think the Celts will still pull it out. Can't imagine coaching against my own kid. Austin Rivers is a pretty good player , but the team need another scorer or two.

I have Houston at Dallas. OK game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter