DISDad's Locker Room - The place for Sports Talk

I think we all know who I cheer for....we just have not had anything to cheer about in many moons:worried:!!!

Not looking good for Celts.:(

Down 10....ooops now 11 with 3 minutes to go. We need to get some better players. I don't really like Rondo's game. I can't quite figure out why, but theres just something.:scratchin

Not looking good for Celts.:(

Down 10....ooops now 11 with 3 minutes to go. We need to get some better players. I don't really like Rondo's game. I can't quite figure out why, but theres just something.:scratchin

I'm not a big NBA fan but I do know I don't like the Celtics. The problem is DW and DS are big Celtic fans.

I'm not a big NBA fan but I do know I don't like the Celtics. The problem is DW and DS are big Celtic fans.

DS likes to watch them. I'm guessing since I have been coaching for so long and really like the game, the NBA and the way it is played just rubs me the wrong way. THe whole Rondo thing may just be that. I think the whole-one guy can travel because he's a star and the other guy can't and the way the referees get to decide after a foul if it's a foul or not based on if the basket goes in really gets to me.

I do like college and Kansas has always been a favorite. Unfortunately there are not a lot of teams in the Northeast that are very good so I have to venture out.

DS likes to watch them. I'm guessing since I have been coaching for so long and really like the game, the NBA and the way it is played just rubs me the wrong way. THe whole Rondo thing may just be that. I think the whole-one guy can travel because he's a star and the other guy can't and the way the referees get to decide after a foul if it's a foul or not based on if the basket goes in really gets to me.

I do like college and Kansas has always been a favorite. Unfortunately there are not a lot of teams in the Northeast that are very good so I have to venture out.

I agree completely. What turned me off the NBA was the way the game is called. College ball is always entertaining but I find that many college sports, while maybe not the same caliber, are more entertaining. The games tend to mean more and teams don't take nights off.

Ok, gentlemen. I have 2 words for you

Manti Te'o

Discuss... :surfweb:

I agree completely. What turned me off the NBA was the way the game is called. College ball is always entertaining but I find that many college sports, while maybe not the same caliber, are more entertaining. The games tend to mean more and teams don't take nights off.

I agree 100%

Anytime I try to watch an NBA game, I end up being more distracted by the lack of calls on a travel or offensive foul, but an abundance of phantom fouls called on the defensive end.

Manti Te'o

There no way he isn't making this up. There are to many ways for him to have actually seen this woman, Skype...Facetime. It doesn't add up.

There no way he isn't making this up. There are to many ways for him to have actually seen this woman, Skype...Facetime. It doesn't add up.

That is my feeling too. There are too many questions here... I mean she was supposedly a student at Stanford and this was a well known story. ND even played Stanford this year. How did this not come out sooner?????

And as far as the meeting part goes... wouldn't you think he'd have at least attended a funeral or a memorial with her family if she was actually that important to him???

There's just a lot that doesn't add up here.

afwdwfan said:
That is my feeling too. There are too many questions here... I mean she was supposedly a student at Stanford and this was a well known story. ND even played Stanford this year. How did this not come out sooner?????

And as far as the meeting part goes... wouldn't you think he'd have at least attended a funeral or a memorial with her family if she was actually that important to him???

As an ND fan I am very disappointed. If it is a hoax like he said, then he is extremely easy to fool. My thoughts are he was involved in same way. If he is behind it then ND needs to do the right thing and expel him.

She was suppose to have been in the hospital for months and he doesn't find away to visit her. Too many holes in the story right now.

She was suppose to have been in the hospital for months and he doesn't find away to visit her. Too many holes in the story right now.

Joining the conversation a little. I agree that this is made up.:sad2::sad2: This is a kid that had everything going for him. He was the face of ND this season. Clearly was going to be a first round pick for someone and now this. All you ever heard was how his character and effort were unmatched. I guess his character isn't what we thought it was. Just another me guy that has no concern for his teammates. With the way things are today, why do people always think they'll get away with it. It's really a sad situation.

I hope when my son truly has a role model (other than his awesome dad!:thumbsup2) to look up to it is truly a positive person with morals.

I keep seeing this ND press conference on the TV and how they talk about how tragic it is that this fine young man will never be able to trust again...

I just wonder how he keeps a straight face when he says that?? :rolleyes:

I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions and throw him under the bus until all the facts come out, but you've got to admit, things don't look good at all for him right now.

I keep seeing this ND press conference on the TV and how they talk about how tragic it is that this fine young man will never be able to trust again...

I just wonder how he keeps a straight face when he says that?? :rolleyes:

I guess we shouldn't jump to conclusions and throw him under the bus until all the facts come out, but you've got to admit, things don't look good at all for him right now.

He was already under the bus. Didn't you see the busses from Alabama continually run over him in the national championship game?:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The problem is that the more this charade keeps up and ND actually let's it happen, I think the school is going to look worse. Ta'o is gone, ND should just stop providing the shovel to continue digging.

He was already under the bus. Didn't you see the busses from Alabama continually run over him in the national championship game?:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Touche... :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

The problem is that the more this charade keeps up and ND actually let's it happen, I think the school is going to look worse. Ta'o is gone, ND should just stop providing the shovel to continue digging.
My thought exactly... ND has said that they hired a private firm to investigate, but they haven't seen anything to make them lose faith in Te'o.

In a way, I find it admirable that they have the balls to stand behind him while the facts come out.

But in another way, I look at other scandals that have hit the world of college athletics, and I'm thinking the only smart move ND has would be to distance themselves from him. Not only could there be concerns about eligibility if certain things might come out in the investigation, but this could be some serious egg on the face of a Catholic school that places its morals pretty high.

I don't really like Rondo's game. I can't quite figure out why, but theres just something.:scratchin

Since he played for UK, I have to be a fan. But, I don't like the hot heads. It is one thing to play the game with intensity, it is another to play with cheap shots.

Manti Te'o

Like others, I can't believe ND would continue to stand behind him if he didn't know. But, I don't understand how he didn't know. Either way, I think this will hurt his draft status. But, with the Lance Armstrong thing now officially out, you can no longer say cheaters never win, as Lance has tons of money and still got the "win" in crossing the finish line. Is it better to teach our children how to cheat and live with themselves? It really is sad. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter