DISmeet 25th September 2011 6pm The Polynesian

*** Right, time to get the ball properly rolling now! ***

Okay, having considered everyone's dates I think the best thing may be to hold two DISmeets. If you want to come to both, fantastic! But, if you can only make one, then great, thats why we're having two :goodvibes Also, if someone can't make either, I'm reaally reaally sorry :sad1:

Righto, for the first one we're looking at:

Sunday 25th September
Monday 26th September
Tuesday 27th September
Wednesday 28th September

Currently, I'm wondering if Sunday 25th would be the best, as that would allow Pinky166 (24th-26th) and magicgirl (12th-26th) to attend. What does everyone else think?

And for the second one, I'm not sure what everyone wants to do. Like Jeanette and Louise both said, MK is likely to be heaving seeing as its the 40th Birthday. Not sure if its very conducive to a DISmeet? So, how about:

Saturday 1st October
Sunday 2nd October

At the moment, no locations are in the mix so if anyone has any good ideas...suggest away!

Okay, having considered everyone's dates I think the best thing may be to hold two DISmeets. If you want to come to both, fantastic! But, if you can only make one, then great, thats why we're having two :goodvibes Also, if someone can't make either, I'm reaally reaally sorry :sad1:

Sunday 25th September
Monday 26th September
Tuesday 27th September
Wednesday 28th September

Currently, I'm wondering if Sunday 25th would be the best, as that would allow Pinky166 (24th-26th) and magicgirl (12th-26th) to attend. What does everyone else think?

And for the second one, I'm not sure what everyone wants to do. Like Jeanette and Louise both said, MK is likely to be heaving seeing as its the 40th Birthday. Not sure if its very conducive to a DISmeet? So, how about:

Saturday 1st October
Sunday 2nd October

At the moment, no locations are in the mix so if anyone has any good ideas...suggest away!
Why dont you all put where your all staying and see where the majority are near:confused3I think thats what wayne does.I think OKW was there last haunt:lmao:Just a suggestion

Sunday 25th September
Monday 26th September
Tuesday 27th September
Wednesday 28th September

Saturday 1st October
Sunday 2nd October

As it is September - I suggest somewhere were we can be inside or out - in case we pick a day with showers!

The Poly has some nice seating areas inside Ceremonial House and a Pool bar/beach - how about that? It would be fairly easy for everyone to get to as well.

I will be in the World from Sep 26th until Oct 10th staying at POR :)

It's just me (Tim, 40ish) this trip :)

here are a couple of suggestions,
dtd
boardwalk
one of the didney hotels

we will try to go to the two meets, not bothered what dates there going to be on! we stay in a villa so can travel to wherever its held

Why dont you all put where your all staying and see where the majority are near:confused3I think thats what wayne does.I think OKW was there last haunt:lmao:Just a suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion :thumbsup2 Its a great idea, so I'll just see who'll be coming to which meet and then go from there and see which is the easiest etc as size needs to be considered too :goodvibes

As it is September - I suggest somewhere were we can be inside or out - in case we pick a day with showers!

The Poly has some nice seating areas inside Ceremonial House and a Pool bar/beach - how about that? It would be fairly easy for everyone to get to as well.

Good thinking re showers! Poly sounds like a really nice idea, so I'll add that to the list for people to chose from :thumbsup2

I will be in the World from Sep 26th until Oct 10th staying at POR :)

It's just me (Tim, 40ish) this trip :)

Great! :thumbsup2 We're just down the river at POFQ!

here are a couple of suggestions,
dtd
boardwalk
one of the didney hotels

we will try to go to the two meets, not bothered what dates there going to be on! we stay in a villa so can travel to wherever its held

Fantastic! Gary and I will obviously be at both the meets too - exciting! Can't wait to meet as many people as possible!

Liking the ideas, especially of the Boardwalk. We haven't been there yet, but will be to hopefully scope out Sea Breeze Point as we're going to have a WDW wedding in the next few years...sometime :rolleyes:

I'll go with the 25th for the first one so that everyone gets a chance of being at at least one. We might not make the second one though (got a meet for another forum on the 2nd October :blush: and we'll more than likely be in MK for the 1st October).

I'll go with the 25th for the first one so that everyone gets a chance of being at at least one. We might not make the second one though (got a meet for another forum on the 2nd October :blush: and we'll more than likely be in MK for the 1st October).

Enjoy your other meet! You'll be all meet-ed out! :thumbsup2 I think the 25th would be the best day for the first one, so hopefully others will agree. Thanks for your input :goodvibes

We are staying at AKL and we are happy to meet anywhere:thumbsup2

Oooh, we stayed at AKL in 2009 :lovestruc Enjoy!

Hiya, well I've still got to sort my itinerary out but 25th should be fine with me. Once you guys all decide where, I'll try and work it into my plans. Will definitely try to make it :)

For those of us planning MK on the 1st - how about a quick meet for a snack somewhere mid-morning?

I was thinking Sleepy Hollow (funnel cakes :love: ) or Adventure Isle (Dole whips)? Sleepy Hollow probably has the better seating.

Hiya, well I've still got to sort my itinerary out but 25th should be fine with me. Once you guys all decide where, I'll try and work it into my plans. Will definitely try to make it :)

Great! I think its pretty much decided that it'll be on the 25th so we'll get to agreeing on a location next :goodvibes

For those of us planning MK on the 1st - how about a quick meet for a snack somewhere mid-morning?

I was thinking Sleepy Hollow (funnel cakes :love: ) or Adventure Isle (Dole whips)? Sleepy Hollow probably has the better seating.

Sounds like a good idea :goodvibes The only issue is that MK is likely to be HEAVING so I don't know if its going to be the ideal location for a DISmeet. Maybe those who want to could head to MK, and then the official DISmeet could be later on in the evening, maybe, at a resort etc? Not sure at the moment, will have to see what the general consesus is :goodvibes BUT, funnel cake...mmmmm!!! :lovestruc DF has never had any :eek:

25th september sounds good to me! what are the dates for the 2nd meet?

Great! :thumbsup2 Currently, the dates for the second one are either Saturday 1st October or Sunday 2nd October :goodvibes

the 25th is good for us.

Woohoo :goodvibes

25th is fine for us as well.

Fantasmic! :thumbsup2

Wr are there from 30th sept to 7th October :-)

Oooh, welcome! I'll add you to the list. We're looking at holding a DISmeet on either the 1st or the 2nd October, so hopefully you'll be able to join us :goodvibes

Okay, so, if everyone is happy with Sunday 25th September for the first DISmeet - we'll get onto deciding where the meet should be held.

It looks like the places up for discussion include

- a resort (i.e. yacht/beach/poly/contemporary/okw etc)
- boardwalk
- downtown disney

there's the possibility of a park, but I'm not sure how conducive it would be to holding a DISmeet...might be a little hectic?

AND, what time would people like the meet to be held? Morning etc?

Regarding the second DISmeet, the dates again are either Saturday 1st October or Sunday 2nd October. Meeting up in MK has been suggested, but what do people think about that? It'll be the 40th birthday and is predicted to be quite high re crowds.

Let me know so we can get the ball rolling :goodvibes

1st and 2nd of October is the first weekend of the Food and Wine festival so Epcot may be busy as well :)

we could all meet up on expedition everest!! :rotfl2:
seriously, we'll just go with the flow and go wherever

1st and 2nd of October is the first weekend of the Food and Wine festival so Epcot may be busy as well :)

My thinking too. We're heading over to the Food and Wine Festival on the Friday and then avoiding the weekend I should think, after reading about the heaving crowds :thumbsup2

we could all meet up on expedition everest!! :rotfl2:
seriously, we'll just go with the flow and go wherever

lol! DF says I scream like a 'little girl' so you'd know where I'd be sitting! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter