Disney ABC Swap Progress Thread

Ann,

I live 3 hours from you, but I'll meet you halfway or even drive to your house to get the stuff. I'll even pay the postage to get it back to everyone. Please just send the stuff.

Wow Ann,
If that website is yours then your work really is amazing. I am truly impressed by what you can do. I do hope all is well with you and that you will come through - something must be really keeping you from getting all the stuff to everyone - either that or you are manic depressive in a depressive catatonic phase unable to work or do anything. Another thing is that I realize I did not send a hostess gift as this was my first swap - if I offended you or upset you by not sending you something then please please accept my sincere apologies. I'll be happy to send you something - just PM me.

I don't think hostess gifts had anything to do with it, happypooh. I sent one and I still haven't gotten my stuff.

Ladies, I hate to say it but I think this swap is a bust.

If ya'll are interested I would be willing to host another ABC swap after the holidays.

I wasn't in this swap, but since there is a phone number on that website, I would recommend someone calling her and informing her that if they do not receive confirmation of shipment or arranging to pass off the items to one of the volunteers that mail fraud complaints WILL be fired. I suspect that there is a lack of maturity at work here, and a sense that this is "no big deal." Third party involvement (the USPS) might put a stop to the second. And as swap participants you shouldn't just "write this off." By the time you add up costs of supplies and postage, for the group of you, you're talking real money.

I'm so sorry you are all still dealing with this...
It's ashame that her obligation to you has been put on a back burner.. :(
I'm very disappointed in her lack of cooperation in resolving this issue immediately. Real life may get in the way but it is NO excuse for not returning your items..
Again, I am so sorry to all of you..
:grouphug:

I wouldn't do another ABC swap even hosted by one of our super brilliant ladies. With the cost of materials and postage both ways (I sent $20 because its so large - bet I'll never see any of that again) never mind the time I'm just not prepared to invest that amount :mad:

And if I seem extra grumpy its because I had to explain to DS(7) that no, he couldn't after all have the pick of the ABC stuff for his Disney album when we go to DLP because it wasn't coming back. He was rather upset, as he'd seen the pictures posted and already planned some things he wanted to do :sad1: I've said he can go through the surprise swap and pick stuff (both past and present) but when you're 7 that's not good enough.

ETA I tried e-mailing the address on her website but it said user unknown.

This whole thing is awful. I'm so sorry for those of you in this swap. I hope you get some answers soon. :grouphug: :grouphug:

BTW - This image - :scared1: sacrilege!

I wasn't impressed when I took a peek.. glad I didn't go any farther after seeing the image you shared.. HOW disappointing.. :(

Hugs to your DS Mazda... I don't like that he has to deal w/ this either.. :( This is a sad situation when swappers spend their money on materials, postage to/from, and get NOTHING in return.. Very, very disappointing...
I sure couldn't sleep at night knowing I did others wrong...but that's me..

I wouldn't do another ABC swap even hosted by one of our super brilliant ladies. With the cost of materials and postage both ways (I sent $20 because its so large - bet I'll never see any of that again) never mind the time I'm just not prepared to invest that amount :mad:

And if I seem extra grumpy its because I had to explain to DS(7) that no, he couldn't after all have the pick of the ABC stuff for his Disney album when we go to DLP because it wasn't coming back. He was rather upset, as he'd seen the pictures posted and already planned some things he wanted to do :sad1: I've said he can go through the surprise swap and pick stuff (both past and present) but when you're 7 that's not good enough.

ETA I tried e-mailing the address on her website but it said user unknown.

Is there something specific he wanted. I did get most of my things and i could send him something if he wants. I would just need to know what he wanted. I actually angeled into the swap to fill out a different ABC swap that had a few things I didn't want to use as ABC pages so I am not using all the items as a straight book.

Rebecca

I can't sleep when I think what I sent for a swap might not be good enough. I would be a basket case if something kept me from getting out a swap. Ha, I am a basket case when I am swapping out the swap. My little check lists for groups, my packing lists for people, my spreadsheet with postage, and my little rolodex for address; add that to the piles of swap stuff and yup, prime basket case making situation. :lmao:

I can't sleep when I think what I sent for a swap might not be good enough. I would be a basket case if something kept me from getting out a swap. Ha, I am a basket case when I am swapping out the swap. My little check lists for groups, my packing lists for people, my spreadsheet with postage, and my little rolodex for address; add that to the piles of swap stuff and yup, prime basket case making situation. :lmao:

I hear ya! Same way here too!!!!

Is there something specific he wanted. I did get most of my things and i could send him something if he wants. I would just need to know what he wanted. I actually angeled into the swap to fill out a different ABC swap that had a few things I didn't want to use as ABC pages so I am not using all the items as a straight book.

That is such a sweet offer! Thank you! His favourite characters are Pooh and Donald, and he was really excited about the pirates (but that's sorted now as I'm in the pirate swap :goodvibes ) I think what he's saddest about is the excitement of looking through and choosing things for his very own pages, maybe characters he's hugged or got autographs from, or things he's done. We're not going til April, but if you've got any bits left then perhaps we could do a "pass it forward" swap :thumbsup2 He loves having "bits" - he says otherwise he has "scrappers block" :rotfl2:

I've been following this thread and feeling really bad for all of you involved but after looking at the website, I feel worse! How irresponsible and inconsiderate! And honestly, if she's working on an illustration business, why did she even get involved in hosting a swap?

And MazdaUK - I felt even worse when you talk about your ds's disappointment.

I hope she pulls herself together and does the right thing, now!

I wasn't in this swap, but since there is a phone number on that website, I would recommend someone calling her and informing her that if they do not receive confirmation of shipment or arranging to pass off the items to one of the volunteers that mail fraud complaints WILL be fired. I suspect that there is a lack of maturity at work here, and a sense that this is "no big deal." Third party involvement (the USPS) might put a stop to the second. And as swap participants you shouldn't just "write this off." By the time you add up costs of supplies and postage, for the group of you, you're talking real money.

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for everyone involved in this swap! I just believe lack of response and attention to responsibility is totally unacceptable...and, well, you all know how I feel about that so I will be quiet.

But, I totally agree with Hopemax....I wouldn't let this go either! I would be at the USPS in a minute if I were in the swap, but I'm not, so I'll go back in my hole!

I'd be there if it wasn't so far ;) Someone put one in for me :thumbsup2

ETA I wonder what her service to customers is like? :rotfl:

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for everyone involved in this swap! I just believe lack of response and attention to responsibility is totally unacceptable...and, well, you all know how I feel about that so I will be quiet.

But, I totally agree with Hopemax....I wouldn't let this go either! I would be at the USPS in a minute if I were in the swap, but I'm not, so I'll go back in my hole!

How do go about doing this? If I go the USPS website will I find the info pretty easily?

MAZDAUK -- if I can figure it out, I'd be happy to help with a claim for you to.

Ok I have been following this and feel badly for you all (I once hosted a swap and went missing for a bit and came back and faced the music) I hope you all get your stuff soon... Did someone call the phone number since the e-mail doesn't work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter