**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I think the point the poster was trying to make is that you can't get into the park to a FPP reservation earlier than 6:30/7 if your only ticket is DAH. So you can probably book a 10am ToT FPP but that doesn't mean you can get into the park at that time to use it!

Ok. I thought @wareagle57 was asking if you can book FPs before the event (so for use sometime in the 7-8pm range) with a DAH ticket, which is possible. So in the Fantasmic example above, a single DAH ticket (assuming no other FPs booked that day) would allow a guest to book a FP for the 8pm show.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question.

Ok. I thought @wareagle57 was asking if you can book FPs before the event (so for use sometime in the 7-8pm range) with a DAH ticket, which is possible. So in the Fantasmic example above, a single DAH ticket (assuming no other FPs booked that day) would allow a guest to book a FP for the 8pm show.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the question.

That is exactly what I was asking. Thank you!

I’m here. 12 mins to park close and it’s a madhouse. This will be interesting. 8pm close on Christmas week with this many people is pretty crazy.

One question... for the 8 to 8:30 period (after park closes, but before the event), I thought I read (early on) that the band gives you FP line access? I just asked two CMs and they both said main line only after park closes. That they would only let on dah people. I should have paid more attention to the past couple events...

I’m here. 12 mins to park close and it’s a madhouse. This will be interesting. 8pm close on Christmas week with this many people is pretty crazy.

One question... for the 8 to 8:30 period (after park closes, but before the event), I thought I read (early on) that the band gives you FP line access? I just asked two CMs and they both said main line only after park closes. That they would only let on dah people. I should have paid more attention to the past couple events...

I don’t think there have been enough reports of that (FP line access) to be able to determine if it’s a “consistent” thing - like MK my opinion is that it’s likely CM YMMV.

We watched JBJB at 8:30pm last week then did Mickie/Minnie/Olaf mainly to get away from Hollywood Boulevard and let people clear out. The first time we made our way over towards Hollywood/Sunset intersection, there was still some decent crossover traffic around. It got better later in the night.

I assume tonight’s event has the makings of much higher ticket sales compared to the first two, just given how close it is to Christmas.

Looking forward to your thoughts (and hope the night works out well for you overall).

Much less crowded now. I have not seen many (any?) snack stands. Will track down a Mickey bar soon. Beer + Mickey bar then ride RNRC a few times. What could go wrong???

I guess the app isn’t being updated with respect to wait times. I just talked to someone who just got off sdd and said 35 mins was his wait. I’ll still wait a bit before aTSL.

So far my thoughts... the park is still really crowded in some places, but the waits are very low for everything non-tsl. I just did RnRC three times and it was true walk onto the next train. With the trains half empty. For Christmas week this is pretty awesome.

I’ll do tsl in another 30 mins. Maybe all the dah people are there?

Last edited:
I guess it’s time to bite the bullet and do SDD. I’ve done everything else multiple times, except a few meet and greets and just did tsmm and as2, both walk on. Sdd says 35 mins. I hope that I is an overestimate.

Edit. Just got in line. Yep, this is where everyone is. Going to be every bit of 30 minutes. I started my timer. Haha.

Edit 2. They had two tsmm tracks open. Pretty surprising for how few people were riding it. I waked right into a seat. Maybe it was more crowded earlier?

I suppose this isn’t that surprising, but I’d wager half the people in the park right now are at SDD. Other than TSL the rides are so empty. Kind of surreal to see, but again I guess to be expected.

Edit 3. Sorry for all the edits. But my wife is with my sleeping kids and the sdd queue is so boring. :-). But I was wondering to myself how I’ll keep interested until 11:30. I mean, I have seriously done all the rides except TSL at least twice and most of the M&Gs. Found the snack carts, had two Mickey bars. It’s strange that I’m contemplating leaving a hard ticket event early. Or maybe RnRC and a Mickey bar over and over until I vomit?

Last edited:
It’s strange that I’m contemplating leaving a hard ticket event early.

We left 30 mins on the table last week, FWIW. :-)

That’s not a negative comment about the event from our perspective, we had just done everything and were ready to head out by that point.

We left 30 mins on the table last week, FWIW. :-)

That’s not a negative comment about the event from our perspective, we had just done everything and were ready to head out by that point.

Agreed. And glad to know I’m in good company. While it’s strange to leave early, I like DHS rides enough to do them 2-3 times each. But for me that’s where I reach saturation.

I’m just about 20 mins into the SDD queue. The light is at the end of the tunnel. Probably another 5-6 mins.

Sdd was 26 mins to boarding.

Last edited:
Agreed. And glad to know I’m in good company. While it’s strange to leave early, I like DHS rides enough to do them 2-3 times each. But for me that’s where I reach saturation.

I’m just about 20 mins into the SDD queue. The light is at the end of the tunnel. Probably another 5-6 mins.

Although you ‘have’ to stay now and be the thread reporter for SDD wait times for the final hour of the event.

I’m in line for sdd again. It’s going to be less than 10 mins this time... how funny. I should have waited another 30 mins. At this rate, it’ll be walk on by 11.

SDD is the 7DMT of DHS DAH. You kind of want to avoid it until towards the end if looking for lower wait. It seems.

Ride 1 was 26 mins to board. Ride 2 was 7 mins. It’s a pretty cold night for repeat riding, but I’ll come back. I hear the snack carts calling...

Oh, on my second ride I saw someone turned away because they didn’t have a wristband. They have been diligent about checking everywhere. But what have these people been doing? The park closd almost 3 hours ago. They at least acted like they had no idea what dah was. But every ride has checked for a band.

Last edited:
I’m still here. :-). SDD has become nearly walk on. Last ride was 3 mins enter to board. This one will be about the same.

Then I promised my wife some popcorn so this is it for me.

A fun night for sure. And very worthwhile. I highly recommend.

Edit. No line at all for woody. Same for buzz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter