**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I think either works (I'm reading this as you're staying at WL, yes?) but I might do the Contempo Café, because then the time "X factor" for transportation is out of the way, just in case there are unexpected delays or something. Then you can just relax and have your sandwich knowing it's just a 10-15 minute walk! We've stayed at WL and the transportation was generally pretty easy so either works, but there were definitely times we had longer waits for boats/buses.

ETA: I think that we're going on the same day, so maybe I will see you at the Contempo Café! :wave2:

Yes, 1st time staying at WL. In the past, we have stayed at CR and the Poly but wanted something new this trip. I like Contempo Cafe because last time I was there, they were good with gluten free options. Not sure how the QS at WL will be.
We will be there 1/17! :)

Yes, 1st time staying at WL. In the past, we have stayed at CR and the Poly but wanted something new this trip. I like Contempo Cafe because last time I was there, they were good with gluten free options. Not sure how the QS at WL will be.
We will be there 1/17! :)

WL is beautiful! It's been a few years, but I remember the QS being good, but I do recall having really good sandwiches from Contempo Café too! Both times we stayed at WL, it was in April during moderate/busy times, and I do remember having to wait for a 2nd boat a couple of times, but generally we found the transportation was good, especially coming back from the parks for some reason...although not sure how it is for DAH since I know the buses work differently for that event.

Here's hoping for warmish temps on the 17th!

WL is beautiful! It's been a few years, but I remember the QS being good, but I do recall having really good sandwiches from Contempo Café too! Both times we stayed at WL, it was in April during moderate/busy times, and I do remember having to wait for a 2nd boat a couple of times, but generally we found the transportation was good, especially coming back from the parks for some reason...although not sure how it is for DAH since I know the buses work differently for that event.

Here's hoping for warmish temps on the 17th!

2 January's ago, we were standing in front of the castle with our winter gear on! So we shall see! :)

2 January's ago, we were standing in front of the castle with our winter gear on! So we shall see! :)

My daughter and I did the event last year in the last week of January - it was in the 60s so not too bad! I wore light weight pants and a couple of layers on top. It was definitely getting cool by the end of the night! Tried to get our Mickey Bars in early!

My dilemma was not sure what to do on arrival day. I was considering going to a park but I am coming for the half marathon that weekend. I think it is easier to go to the expo rather then spend only 2 hours or so in a park then have to go back and quickly unpack and get to a place to eat. I hate rushing when im on vacation.
If that’s when you’re going I’d agree. We are there for 10 days around the princess half. Our DAH is in the week after the run. If your first day is expo day I’d just spend the time at the expo and chill back at the resort, then catch a dinner reservation either at your resort or somewhere near enough your DAH park that you can be there for entry. If you have an AP or another way to enter without wasting a full day’s ticket then maybe book something for 4’ish in the park.

Whatever you decide, enjoy, and good luck on the run

Happy New Year, everyone,
I am thinking about attending the MK after hours on Feb 7th. My question is are you allowed entry to MK before the official after hours start time (8:00)
without using a regular park ticket?

Having gone to MNSSHP before, I remember party goers being allowed to enter at 4:00 instead of the 7:00 party start time. Just wondering if this is similar to that (or not).

Thank you and Happy 2019!

Happy New Year, everyone,
I am thinking about attending the MK after hours on Feb 7th. My question is are you allowed entry to MK before the official after hours start time (8:00)
without using a regular park ticket?

Having gone to MNSSHP before, I remember party goers being allowed to enter at 4:00 instead of the 7:00 party start time. Just wondering if this is similar to that (or not).

Thank you and Happy 2019!

Hi! FYI, I moved your post to the MK Disney After Hours thread.

See Post #6 for more info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-faq-discussion-thread.3713652/#post-59898148

In short, the current trend is 7pm. It was 6pm(ish) for much of 2018 but seemed to trend to 7pm for the most recent events per reports.

Hope that helps!

I am doing something a bit different but I think It will work. We are doing Tomorrowland Terrace MK Dessert party Jan 7 (7:00 pm). We will be able to watch HEA in comfort, then head to rides for DAH. I know it will be about 8:20 by then, but I am thinking we will still get plenty of rides in by 11. Its the only night I can do HEA and I am getting too old and inpatient to fight the crowds!! Expensive? Yes. But we are not doing a sit down lunch or dinner that day so I am saving there. Thoughts? Oh and you can add us to Jan 7. Thanks!!

Last edited:
I am doing something a bit different but I think It will work. We are doing Tomorrowland Terrace MK Dessert party Jan 7 (7:00 pm). We will be able to watch HEA in comfort, then head to rides for DAH. I know it will be about 8:20 by then, but I am thinking we will still get plenty of rides in by 11. Its the only night I can do HEA and I am getting too old and inpatient to fight the crowds!! Expensive? Yes. But we are not doing a sit down lunch or dinner that day so I am saving there. Thoughts? Oh and you can add us to Jan 7. Thanks!!

We did the same exact thing this past Sept. 20th! HEA before dessert party (Garden view) then DAH starting at 8:00. That night the fireworks were delayed 5-10 minutes and still I don't regret doing this. That said, I had never seen HEA and LOVED every second of it! Worth every penny to do both that night. We also did the unthinkable, which was to head to Adventureland and swim past the mobs of people! It wasn't as impossible as I thought it would be!

28A529D2-0222-41B5-A053-C75B031491A1.jpg

Adventureland Pic taken at 8:35...not bad I think, especially since HEA started a bit late!!!!

BE000BC7-48B5-4993-A368-6ED0160A6451.jpg

We did the same exact thing this past Sept. 20th! HEA before dessert party (Garden view) then DAH starting at 8:00. That night the fireworks were delayed 5-10 minutes and still I don't regret doing this. That said, I had never seen HEA and LOVED every second of it! Worth every penny to do both that night. We also did the unthinkable, which was to head to Adventureland and swim past the mobs of people! It wasn't as impossible as I thought it would be!

View attachment 372791

Adventureland Pic taken at 8:35...not bad I think, especially since HEA started a bit late!!!!

View attachment 372793
Thank you so much for responding Happy to see that this plan worked well!!

I just saw the post that they haven't historically done DAH in May and I'm SO SAD!!! I really hope that they will offer this in May 2019. I've been dying to do this ever since I heard about it and we have a trip at the end of May. I've even been secretly buying Disney Gift Cards so I can surprise the whole family with it once we're there. Fingers crossed!!!

I just saw the post that they haven't historically done DAH in May and I'm SO SAD!!! I really hope that they will offer this in May 2019. I've been dying to do this ever since I heard about it and we have a trip at the end of May. I've even been secretly buying Disney Gift Cards so I can surprise the whole family with it once we're there. Fingers crossed!!!

Don’t lose hope! They also historically haven’t held DAH during President’s Week, and they’ve added that this year. Good luck!

How is the boat ride back to the TTC after DAH is over? Is the wait long? Are the boats crowded? I have a family member who has anxiety issues with bathroom problems and was hoping the monorail would be working. We will be driving to the park so I'm trying to figure out how the boat will be. We've never taken the boat so this will be a first for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter