**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I will (hopefully) be tagging along with DH for a conference he has at WDW.
There have been quite a few difficulties with getting things sorted with his conference so I am not yet sure how many days I will be there for, somewhere between 3-5 depending on a lot of factors.

His last day at the conference will be the day before an DAH at MK will be taking place(so he will be flying out the morning of that day).
I am wondering if it would be worth getting a hotel for the DAH day and actually staying just to go to DAH?

It is obviously a lot of money for the ticket, though the forums seem to think it's worth it. But it would also be the money for a hotel room for that night and potentially adding another day to the park hopper so I have something to do that day(though with the conference tickets that's not a huge jump).

I'm just looking for general advice on the matter. Do people who have done think it would be worth extending a trip just to experience it, or will the fact that I am traveling solo let me do everything anyway and negate the benefit?

There have been quite a few difficulties with getting things sorted with his conference so I am not yet sure how many days I will be there for, somewhere between 3-5 depending on a lot of factors.

His last day at the conference will be the day before an DAH at MK will be taking place(so he will be flying out the morning of that day).
I am wondering if it would be worth getting a hotel for the DAH day and actually staying just to go to DAH?

It is obviously a lot of money for the ticket, though the forums seem to think it's worth it. But it would also be the money for a hotel room for that night and potentially adding another day to the park hopper so I have something to do that day(though with the conference tickets that's not a huge jump).

I'm just looking for general advice on the matter. Do people who have done think it would be worth extending a trip just to experience it, or will the fact that I am traveling solo let me do everything anyway and negate the benefit?

If you're already going to MK on your trip, I personally probably wouldn't incur another hotel night + DAH ticket.

Well, many of us on this thread have booked a trip just to go to a DAH event, some flying down for just 1 or 2 nights. So extending for 1 night when you’re already there would be even more worth it!

Last edited:
How is the boat ride back to the TTC after DAH is over? Is the wait long? Are the boats crowded? I have a family member who has anxiety issues with bathroom problems and was hoping the monorail would be working. We will be driving to the park so I'm trying to figure out how the boat will be. We've never taken the boat so this will be a first for us!

I’ve never seen anyone post anything materially negative about the Ferry after the event. I have seen people post that they generally wait for a pretty full Ferry before taking off, but not sure what that means for length of wait.

MKAH is listed for almost every week except the week of the 14th---which is when we will be visiting. I don't mind too much that they're not having it, but I was curious as to if they're expecting large crowds that week and if that has something to do with it.

Well, many of us on this thread have booked a trip just to go to a DAH event, some flying down for just 1 or 2 nights. So extending for 1 night when you’re already there would be even more worth it!
Yeah we flew down and arrived late thursday night, had Friday for Disney springs, Saturday was dah until like 1 am, and the next morning we got picked up by the magic express at like 3:30 am.

This July we added an extra day just for this event (moved from WL to CBR for the one night). Hope they add summer dates again this July!

How is the boat ride back to the TTC after DAH is over? Is the wait long? Are the boats crowded? I have a family member who has anxiety issues with bathroom problems and was hoping the monorail would be working. We will be driving to the park so I'm trying to figure out how the boat will be. We've never taken the boat so this will be a first for us!

If this is a serious issue for your family member I would consider valet parking at the contemporary so you can walk back and your relative can use the bathroom while you wait for your car. It costs more than parking at the parks but with what DAH costs, worth the additional expense to not have anxiety and bathroom issues. I dealt with both with my child on the monorail and it was not fun, I'll tell you that. Late night Disney transportation can be unreliable in timing.

I might be biased, but I’d absolutely make time for it if possible, especially if you’re an avid MK fan. I’ve rearranged trips, done it on arrival day, and such... whatever it takes. :-)

MKAH is listed for almost every week except the week of the 14th---which is when we will be visiting. I don't mind too much that they're not having it, but I was curious as to if they're expecting large crowds that week and if that has something to do with it.

When this has been discussed before, I think people have identified that week as either a big Texas spring break week, Orlando spring break week, or maybe both (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

This poll isn't scientific of course, but the week is #3 on this list: https://www.disboards.com/threads/spring-break-poll-for-2019.3680025/

When this has been discussed before, I think people have identified that week as either a big Texas spring break week, Orlando spring break week, or maybe both (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
/

I bought tickets for Feb 21 for DH and I, please add us to the list!

Staying offsite, trying to decide if we should park at TTC or valet at Contemporary. We may get a sandwich at the Wave lounge but I won't have an ADR.

I might be biased, but I’d absolutely make time for it if possible, especially if you’re an avid MK fan. I’ve rearranged trips, done it on arrival day, and such... whatever it takes. :-)[/QUOTE]

I like the way you think my friend!

The ferries always take a while to load, but they hold a LOT people. I think they have bathrooms on board.

Waiting not-so patiently for dates in June to be announced...I know we have quite a wait. We are travelling with my mom who is a military widow, so we will get military tickets, but AH is the deciding factor between 4 day, 5 day and/or the Plus option....of course we need to book FP in April, so we'll have to buy tickets before the AH days are likely released (based on last year's release date.) Hoping for Thursday, June 27th...I'm thinking we'll have a pretty good shot at it. I guess if not, we can just buy a one day water park ticket if AH isn't offered, right?

I'm pretty excited! I've wanted to attend DAH for a while now but the dates have never coincided with my trips, but I'll be there April 4 so I jumped and got tickets. It's our last night, but we fly out late in the day on the fifth, so I don't mind going all out the night before. We were always planning MK being our last day, this just means we'll get to stay a little bit later than usual!

Heading to my first DAH on 1/17 at MK (you can add me to the list).
Are recent accounts still a relatively firm adherence to 7pm admission?

Waiting not-so patiently for dates in June to be announced...I know we have quite a wait. We are travelling with my mom who is a military widow, so we will get military tickets, but AH is the deciding factor between 4 day, 5 day and/or the Plus option....of course we need to book FP in April, so we'll have to buy tickets before the AH days are likely released (based on last year's release date.) Hoping for Thursday, June 27th...I'm thinking we'll have a pretty good shot at it. I guess if not, we can just buy a one day water park ticket if AH isn't offered, right?
I didn't even think about needing to book FP before June dates go on sale.

I'll be there January 7, this coming Monday! Originally I had planned to spend just one night, but I got one of those nice deals on Priceline for AKL thanks to the Canary, and I'm staying five nights now. Still planning only DAH for park time. Since I'm splurging on the resort, I want to enjoy AKL instead of my usual insane schedule of commando touring (do people still say that?).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter