Disney and the War

armydark

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

Me and the family are going for our 4th stay from April 28 to May 5th, and are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. We've stayed at the Grand Floridian, the Polynesian and Sports, but we think this is going to be pretty special.

Now for my question. Does anyone out there think that the impending war is going to affect our stay? Granted if there is a war it will be sooner rather then later into April, but WILL IT AFFECT OUR TRIP? Could it be good in the fact that alot of people will cancel their trips? Or could it be bad and I mean VERY bad if they close things down? We aren't going to cancel, thats not a option.

What does everyone think? Let me know. I can't wait, I'm getting disney fever.

ARMYDARK

Hopefully, it won't impact your trip. Tourism is down in Orlando and the actual start of the war will probably cause a further drop, especially from foreign tourists. The upside, which you may have already benefited from, is the deals on the resorts. A possible downside might be a reduction in hours. However, I don't think there will be any major impact in just a little over a month's time.

We will also be there from 4/30--5/7 and staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. My wife is worried about the possible war. I just try not to think about it. I expect very low crowds no matter what happens because people are afraid to plan. Hopefully we will see you at the pool.

If there are people who cancel their trip, then that will mean shorter lines. I can't imagine WDW closing aprks unless there is a specific threat that is verified.

Originally posted by armydark
WILL IT AFFECT OUR TRIP? Could it be good in the fact that alot of people will cancel their trips?

That sounds very selfish. I know we all want a nice vacation but....geez. :rolleyes:

We go to Disney every year and have since the beginning, I do not think that a War would effect the park. The War is not here, and Disney is a great place to escape to. If anything it would mean fewer people and that is never a bad thing.
We will be there the first of May. Can't wait.

Enjoy I know we will.:bounce: :smooth: :o :p :cool:

Originally posted by goofymom23
If anything it would mean fewer people and that is never a bad thing.

Fewer people = more layoffs and bigger cutbacks in services. I wouldn't want any more Disney employees to lose their jobs. :( I would happily suffer with more crowds than have that happen.

Now for my question. Does anyone out there think that the impending war is going to affect our stay? Granted if there is a war it will be sooner rather then later into April, but WILL IT AFFECT OUR TRIP? Could it be good in the fact that alot of people will cancel their trips? Or could it be bad and I mean VERY bad if they close things down? We aren't going to cancel, thats not a option.

If we do go to war, your biggest concern is HOW WILL IT AFFECT OUR TRIP? I can't say I know how it will AFFECT YOUR TRIP, I do know it will AFFECT A LOT OF LIVES.

I think this is definitely a topic that is on a lot of people's minds. I am leaving next week - 2 days after the deadline - for my 5th anniversary trip. I would be lying if I didn't say I have some concerns. We are travelling with our 2 year old son and I am currently expecting. I appreciate you guys addressing the subject. Maybe it will allow everyone to vent some steam on it.

Christie

gepetto why do you need to be negative. Like I want anyone to loose their jobs. The question was asked because I am sure they have planned and saved for this trip and want to enjoy it. We all know what happens in a war, I am a veteran and served proudly during a war and fought for this Great Flag.
The point is at Disney fewer people means more enjoyment for those who are there.
Relax, Enjoy the ride.:smooth:

Originally posted by goofymom23

The point is at Disney fewer people means more enjoyment for those who are there.

Actually, I have found that when crowds drop and Disney starts losing money, parades, fireworks shows and E-ticket nights get cancelled. They also cut park hours. That dosen't "add to my enjoyment".

War is a very scarey and intimadating thing..............and unfortunatly since 9/11 we have learned that the "war" is not always across the ocean. Our families and planning our family vacations are some things that make us all feel happy, secure and loved. So, for families to be asking this question I believe is understandable.

It's not about, correcting someones spelling, or taking a talk about fewer crowds so seriously that negative responces need to be thrown at people asking and responding to this question. We all need to be concerned, and we all need to look out for one another.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe vacation,
and we should all keep our Armed Forces in our prayers.:earsgirl: :earsboy: :tongue: :tongue:

I don't think it will impact your trip... and I hope that it doesn't affect anyone elses. I have heard that there are many, many empty rooms at WDW right now, probably from this impending war... so the cutbacks will soon begin, if things don't change. Cutbacks mean fewer Castmembers available, shorter park hours, no E ticket nights, whole resorts closed, attractions closed, restaurants closed and much more. If you don't want to see cutbacks, don't wish that people won't be there and there won't be crowds. As much as I want everyone to have a good time and see everything that they desire... I hope it is PACKED! Having been during cutbacks, I can tell you... it is much better to have it crowded and have everything running per usual.

I don't believe there will be any benefits for anyone if we do go to war, as our hearts and our thoughts will go out to those who are suffering, and loosing loved ones in other countries, and our fears that we could also , here at home suffer and loose loved ones. I think WDW would be a great place to be , to have an escape from it , and I hope if war comes anyone traveling there has an absolutely magical trip, despite the tensions and worry that accompany war. If we do benefit in a WDW way it would probably be to hold on dearer to the
innocence
and magic WDW gives to us all.

We have been when it is packed and when it is mostly empty. I will tell you that when it was empty the CM were much friendlier, and the rides more enjoyable. when there aren't as many people the park is more magical. We received special attention with our kids on the monorail, they even got to ride up front and see how it worked. So if you have experienced both and you liked crowds more power to you, my family likes it both ways but if we had our preference it would be less crowded. Why do you think people write in and ask about crowds when they are planning their trips?
War is a terrible thing but a little war is required for peace.:smooth:

The deadline has been changed..so some time has been bought.

I'm sure no one means that they would prefer a war to have empty parks. It's hard to see and hear expressons on a board. Attacking each other is not the answer.

I see nothing wrong with this question...so why people are trying to make anyone feel guilty for asking it is beyond me. Knock it off.

This war may go on for years - in reality, we've been in something of a state of war since 9/11. 'Just' because we are at war doesn't mean people stop living their lives though...or going on vacation.

I think Disney will be affected by the low crowds, and they will make cuts accordingly. Less shows, less hours and I imagine they may even close resort(s) as they did before. If the money isn't coming in, what else can they do? I don't think the parks will close though. Life goes on, even in war time.

I agree with Disneymad...One of the attractions of this forum is that any question can be asked without judgement. Everyone has the war on their mind and it affect each of us in different ways. To belittle or criticize a question will cause others not to post for fear of being reprimanded. Let's allow the Forum Moderators decide what is appropriate for this forum.

God Bless America, God Bless the UK and God Bless all the troops.

Well this can't be good for anybody...

KARACHI, Pakistan — Pictures of President Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair, with targets on their faces, are nailed to a door at the Nazimbad Mosque. Maps of the United States, with the Pentagon, Disneyland , and other landmarks circled in red, are taped to walls. Audiocassettes of Osama bin Laden calling for Muslims to wage attacks against America, are played in a nearby courtyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter