Disney Career Start Program

yeah i'd have to agree with that. your blogs pretty informative too! But i have another question. If i send in my application tommorow, is that too late?If I get accepted I'm not really picky on which role i get, so does that give me a good shot of getting in??

yeah i'd have to agree with that. your blogs pretty informative too! But i have another question. If i send in my application tommorow, is that too late?If I get accepted I'm not really picky on which role i get, so does that give me a good shot of getting in??

Thanks to you both! Glad you guys found my posts and blog helpful.

As far as applying goes, you shouldn't have too much of an issue at this point in the game. Just be realistic about the roles you'd like to do, indicate that on your role checklist and really show Disney your personality and professionalism when you do your phone interview.

You won't know until you try. Good luck!

& i'm also hoping thatthey didn't- because two people i know got their letters on the same day & they both got attractions.. -send the people who got attractions letters out at the same time..

there are so many things for me to worry about.

what arethe acceptance rates of the cp & careerstart? i heard only like 100 kids get into careerstart.

It's a rolling number, there's no hard/fast rule on this one. It's all dependent on the number of roles allocated for program participants (CP/ICP/CS share the same pool) and the availability of housing.

I will say that the CS program is considerably smaller than most other programs.

& i'm also hoping thatthey didn't- because two people i know got their letters on the same day & they both got attractions.. -send the people who got attractions letters out at the same time..

there are so many things for me to worry about.

I kind of find that unlikely to be a factor... keep in mind they've been recruiting for both Fall and Fall Advantage seasons (all roles) for the College Program since mid-January, and they've been sending out role acceptances ever since that point. If anything, those two people applied within a certain time-frame and the fact they were offered attractions is purely coincidental.

I wouldn't worry about things too much- there's no sense worrying about what you can't change or affect at this point: just hope for the best.

i know this is going to sound dumb, but how do you schedule an interview?? Do they contact you after they receive all your paperwork or do you contact them??

You guys are all talking about the one in Florida, how about the one in California? I'm sure it's different in California, right?

i know this is going to sound dumb, but how do you schedule an interview?? Do they contact you after they receive all your paperwork or do you contact them??

Pretty much. If you aren't contacted within a reasonable amount of time, you can contact them to make sure everything is received, but they will call you to schedule an interview in most cases.

You guys are all talking about the one in Florida, how about the one in California? I'm sure it's different in California, right?

I'm sure it's pretty much the same basic criteria, Are you going to try and stay in the new housing?

The California and Florida programs are similar, but not the same. Most of the differences stem from housing, however, the Disneyland CareerStart Program (according to the info I have) is not part of the California program housing pilot at this time. In order to participate in the California program, you will need your own housing and transportation.

aw, how sad. Oh well. I'm still going to try and get in. I'll just live with my aunt while i'm on the CareerStart Program. I still need to do everything, like watch the Presentation, set up an interview, etc.. I think i'll do it some time during the summer, for the fall program of 2009

aw, how sad. Oh well. I'm still going to try and get in. I'll just live with my aunt while i'm on the CareerStart Program. I still need to do everything, like watch the Presentation, set up an interview, etc.. I think i'll do it some time during the summer, for the fall program of 2009

By that point, housing may be offered. I would assume the pilot is just that- if it goes well enough, they may do a more broad implementation. Keep your eyes and ears open- you never know what could happen.

today i got the disney video in the mail. mydad sent for it because he likes to watch them [even though they just went two weeks ago!] i thought it was my letter. i was so disappointed.

Hey everybody! First of all I would like to say good luck to all of you waiting for an interview, or letters in the mail. and Good Luck to CareerStart :thumbsup2

So I have a question. I'm a sophomore but hoping to do CareerStart at WDW after I graduate :lovestruc

but the problem is. I'm young for my age. The Fall Session starts in August and I will be turning 18 on August 4th.

Would they still accept me for that Fall Session?!

Hey everybody! First of all I would like to say good luck to all of you waiting for an interview, or letters in the mail. and Good Luck to CareerStart :thumbsup2

So I have a question. I'm a sophomore but hoping to do CareerStart at WDW after I graduate :lovestruc

but the problem is. I'm young for my age. The Fall Session starts in August and I will be turning 18 on August 4th.

Would they still accept me for that Fall Session?!

It depends on how the timing works out during the season you apply. This year, the Fall CS arrival date is August 25th- which would qualify you to participate (your 18th birthday must fall any day before your arrival date). Since the arrival dates can fluctuate (along with other features of the program) between now and the time you apply, it's hard to say.

I will say though that the fact you turn 18 August 4th is probably in your favor. I haven't seen a normal Fall CS date prior to the second week of August :thumbsup2.

during my interview the lady asked if i wanted todo fall advantage or just fall..

are CS people allowed to do advantage? i called today & they toldme if i wanted to do fall advantage i should put in an email reuqest, so i did. but now a lot of people are telling me CS offers only spring & fall. i'm so confused!

during my interview the lady asked if i wanted todo fall advantage or just fall..

are CS people allowed to do advantage? i called today & they toldme if i wanted to do fall advantage i should put in an email reuqest, so i did. but now a lot of people are telling me CS offers only spring & fall. i'm so confused!

No, they have it for CS as well.
I did Spring Advantage last year =]

No, they have it for CS as well.
I did Spring Advantage last year =]

When I was doing some research earlier this term, they actually pulled back Fall Advantage for this particular recruiting season- only Fall is offered. A friend of mine applied for Fall CS, and during the phone interview was offered both Fall and FA. A later follow up indicated that the interviewer simply offered it as a mistake- it in fact is not being offered.

It was offered last year for both Spring (in fact, it was the only choice it seems, Feb - Aug) and Fall (May - Jan). It may return again next season. Right now though, even if you look at the E-Presentation, it indicates that the FA term is simply not available. If it does turn out that you can (and do get) fall advantage, be sure to post back- I'm sure that'll be helpful information.

It depends on how the timing works out during the season you apply. This year, the Fall CS arrival date is August 25th- which would qualify you to participate (your 18th birthday must fall any day before your arrival date). Since the arrival dates can fluctuate (along with other features of the program) between now and the time you apply, it's hard to say.

I will say though that the fact you turn 18 August 4th is probably in your favor. I haven't seen a normal Fall CS date prior to the second week of August :thumbsup2.

Thank you so much! That's great news to here! ^_^

oh and what is the Fall Advantage?! or Spring Advantage for that matter? like, what's the difference between Fall Advantage and Fall?

Thank you so much! That's great news to here! ^_^

oh and what is the Fall Advantage?! or Spring Advantage for that matter? like, what's the difference between Fall Advantage and Fall?

Basically, the difference between Spring/Fall and Spring/Fall Advantage is the amount of time spent on the program. The normal program length is roughly about five months, while the advantage length is roughly seven months long. The 'advantage' here is the capability to take more courses, and more time networking.

Last year, I believe the terms were Spring (Feb - Aug, this was really a Spring Advantage term marked Spring), Fall Advantage (May - Jan) and Fall (Aug - Jan).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter