disney club membership

acepepper

DIS Veteran
We are 2 adults and 3 kids going in feb 2003. Is it worth joining the disney club for $39?
Are the discounts likely to be a worthwhile saving?

Hi :wave:

It is actually $59.99 for folk from the UK to join, which is to cover the extra delivery charge for the quarterly 'Disney' magazine (which I love, by the way!).

It is certainly worth joining, IMHO. You get 10% off certain items at Disney Stores (including the UK), discounts on WDW Resorts, tickets, restaurants etc.

We have booked a room at the WDW Dolphin and have got it half price with the 'entertainment' logo on the back of the Disney Club Card.

I'm sure there will be other threads on the DC with more info, if you put in a search I'm sure you will find them.

HTH :D

We found it worthwile to join as the discount on two Premium Annual Passes came to just about the same cost as joining the Disney Club. We then used the DC card for a number of other discounts around WDW. It didn't save a huge amount, although it all helps, plus we got the Disney Magazine for 'free'.

Regards

Rob

I have just joined - waiting for my membership pack. We are planning on getting PAP this year so will make our first saving on this :D

Kaylee

Just did a search on disney Club and my system keeps bombing out . Anyone tell me where I can find info on joining and where I can get discounts as I travel over in Dec. Can I get discounts in DLP too ???

Cheers,

Tony

Yes, you can get DC discounts at DLP. Sometimes you have to be quite persistant as not all Cast Members at DLP will have come across DC before. I've found it helpful to compare it to the old Magic Kingdom Club cardif a CM is confused as to what it is.

Regards

Rob

I've just emailed Guest Services at Disney Club this week asking them specifically where/when/how I can use my Disney Club Card for discounts at DLP as I couldn't find any info on their website.

Their reply was this

'we're sorry but there are NO discounts available at Disney Land Paris'!! :confused:

That might be the official position, but I've used it to get discounts on food and merchandise around the park. I've not tried to get discounts with my DC card on accommodation or tickets as I am a Eurodisney shareholder which offers better perks.

Regards

Rob

Hi - I got my admission reduced from €36 to €31 when I used my Disney Card. also got 10% discount on food and shopping.
well worth getting as you also get 10% off at Disney stores here as well.

For something that Disney sell and is in effect a frequent visitor card they are very poor at marketing it, even amongst its own staff.
The web site is very thin on information for prospective members and not much better once your in.
It seems the only way to have the complete picture is to have your original membership pack, and all the monthly updates together, then you can piece together a view of all the benefits.
There are LOADS of benefits but Disney seem reluctant to advertise them.

As for Disneyland Paris I haven't searched through the pile of monthly news letters, but have just found they were offering a 15% off accomodation voucher for Nov - March this year so they definatly do seasonal DLP discounts.

Right...they definately <b>DO</b> offer discounts at DLP, Guest Services obviously don't have a clue - if you need proof, then just go to the DLP website, ask for a room quote and near the end of the process there is an option to put in details of what you have which might entitle you to a discount - including Magic Kingdom Club related memberships - ie DC. Like mentioned already, you get 10% discount at all the shops - both inside and outside the parks, discount on tickets, and discounts at the sit-down full service restaurants.

Personally I love my DC. The discount I get buying my AP's pays for it and anything else I get is extra...and I get plenty extra! Infact, this year I'm doing my first Disney Cruise and get a $50 room credit just for having my DC :D

Penny :D

I've got quotes many times but I've never seen that option Penny:confused:

Methinks I'd better go take another look...................;)

Penny, I've just gone as far as I can in the online booking system for DLP without actually booking, and for the life of me I can't see anything that gives you the option to put your DC membership in to get a discount.

Maybe the system has changed or maybe I'm not looking in the right place?

Nope, doesn't do it on the online <i>booking</i> which is package only, but it does it on the <i>Quote - Pre-reservation request</i> (where they mail you back) where you can include "transport inclusive reservations and options" etc. So I guess Options=discount clubs. I tried it this morning :D

Thanks for this tp Penny, I've not used this before. I wonder if there is an option to include Shareholder Club discounts?

Regards

Rob

Rob,

there is an option there to enter your AP, DC or Shareholders club details :D

Tracey - I didn't actually send off for a quote as I've no plans to go to DLP in the near future. <i>*sigh*</i>

Thanks Penny - I was just being nosey ;)

Still hoping to talk DH into a visit over the summer so every penny I can knock off the price counts in my favour:)

Originally posted by Disneymad
Rob,

there is an option there to enter your AP, DC or Shareholders club details :D

Tracey - I didn't actually send off for a quote as I've no plans to go to DLP in the near future. <i>*sigh*</i>

Thanks. That might save a couple of calls to Paris next time I'm booking.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter