Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Music Will the pianist learn your songs? Or is it one of those things where if your song isn't on the playlist you just have to bring an iPod/cd?

I know when Jillian got married she was able to give sheet music but I think they did away with that! I would ask, and that goes for anything with your wedding. The worst they can say is no. We present a cd, but they did mess up the order of it! They started to play the father/daughter dance song for the cake cutting. I had to correct them!

Our wedding went very well! I'll update soon :)

The way I felt about the music selection was if you don't want all Disney songs, I would bring a cd! :)

Hope that helped

I know when Jillian got married she was able to give sheet music but I think they did away with that! I would ask, and that goes for anything with your wedding. The worst they can say is no. We present a cd, but they did mess up the order of it! They started to play the father/daughter dance song for the cake cutting. I had to correct them! Our wedding went very well! I'll update soon :) The way I felt about the music selection was if you don't want all Disney songs, I would bring a cd! :) Hope that helped

Thanks! That does help.

Music

Will the pianist learn your songs? Or is it one of those things where if your song isn't on the playlist you just have to bring an iPod/cd?

I know I was married AGES ago..lol but when we did, I had a CD of my song (the luckiest) and the sheet music. Our OB coordinator arranged for us to meet with the pianist one night in the lounge before his set. I handed him the music and asked if it was "possible" for him to play this...he chuckled (apparently, he WAS VERY well trained, classical pianist) and proceeded to play it for just us and we danced in the bar to it..I cried I was so happy.

Take the music with you..I think it won't be a problem as long as the person reads music (and I can't imagine they don't)

I know I was married AGES ago..lol but when we did, I had a CD of my song (the luckiest) and the sheet music. Our OB coordinator arranged for us to meet with the pianist one night in the lounge before his set. I handed him the music and asked if it was "possible" for him to play this...he chuckled (apparently, he WAS VERY well trained, classical pianist) and proceeded to play it for just us and we danced in the bar to it..I cried I was so happy. Take the music with you..I think it won't be a problem as long as the person reads music (and I can't imagine they don't)

That's such a great idea! My advice to any future bride is, if there is something that you want for your wedding, ask when you get onboard!

That's such a great idea! My advice to any future bride is, if there is something that you want for your wedding, ask when you get onboard!

i totally agree. My coordinator told me "NO" on many things, then the OB said "sure...no problem"

I know I was married AGES ago..lol but when we did, I had a CD of my song (the luckiest) and the sheet music. Our OB coordinator arranged for us to meet with the pianist one night in the lounge before his set. I handed him the music and asked if it was "possible" for him to play this...he chuckled (apparently, he WAS VERY well trained, classical pianist) and proceeded to play it for just us and we danced in the bar to it..I cried I was so happy. Take the music with you..I think it won't be a problem as long as the person reads music (and I can't imagine they don't)

Lol true they should be able to read music if they are pianists. I hadn't really thought of it that way. :) I was just worried there was some prohibition against it...I'll ask. I'll definitely want to hear the pianist first anyway. Just means we will have to do a "research cruise" hahaha

Save the dates question. So we are planning a November 2015 cruise wedding (if they ever release the dates!!). I want to give potential guests as much time as possible to get the best deal and really think about whether they want/can attend. How should we do this? A couple of thoughts: standard std with informational insert including the how, when, why...; nix a std a just go forward with formal invitations that include all our information; something in between that has basic information and our wedding website. Thoughts? My overall goal is to give everyone as much time as possible to plan since this is an expensive trip for many people but I. Don't want it to be weird since we are still about 20 months out. Any ideas are appreciated. :)

Save the dates question. So we are planning a November 2015 cruise wedding (if they ever release the dates!!). I want to give potential guests as much time as possible to get the best deal and really think about whether they want/can attend. How should we do this? A couple of thoughts: standard std with informational insert including the how, when, why...; nix a std a just go forward with formal invitations that include all our information; something in between that has basic information and our wedding website. Thoughts? My overall goal is to give everyone as much time as possible to plan since this is an expensive trip for many people but I. Don't want it to be weird since we are still about 20 months out. Any ideas are appreciated. :)
Hi there ... We didn't need save the dates, but as we didn't want a ton of info on the actual invite, we made a web page and put that link on the invite as you suggest above.
We got 6 pages for 1 year for around $70, I'm sure you can get it cheaper by researching more (I couldn't be bothered). I put details about each cabin category with pictures, ports we would visit, dining details, tip amounts, ship info and all the things they needed to know basically. But that was on our invite .. I also added the info for our TA on both the invite and web page .. Makes it easier for those who have never cruised DCL before.

I am planning our wedding for July 2015, can't wait for the dates to come out :yay: but we told everyone to start saving the mintue we decided we were doing a cruise wedding it was informal but that way people had an idea of when and roughly how much and as soon as dates are released we will give save the dates, and then the invitations shortly after, I think guest would appericate as much time to save!! good luck planning

We did an email save the date that had a newsletter included. We had already had our cruise picked out but you could just put a general idea of when you are thinking of having it. This way it'll give your guests info about the cruise itself. We also verbally told people before we sent out the emails. :)

Hi DCL Brides!! I have two totally different questions for you ladies :)

I'm celebrating my 10th anniversary this year and really want to do a DCL Vow Renewal Ceremony. We have two cruises already planned for this year - the Transatlantic in May, and an Alaskan Cruise in August.

I had initially thought about doing it on the Alaskan cruise because it's the week of our actual anniversary (or within a couple days), but the Transatlantic cruise is 12 days long - much better for any extra treatment or perks that come along with cruising. But the cost of the VR is more than we paid for the whole cruise!

I do have a large group of repeat cruise "friends" (acquaintances) on the Transatlantic cruise. Among them are a photographer I could use and a pastor who could do a ceremony. So if there is a way I could do the renewal without having to use Disney that is a possibility - but I don't know if Disney allows that.

My second big question is that I would LOVE to somehow get into doing Disney Cruise Wedding photography. We're big Disney Cruisers, and I'm a professional photographer. I would be a great fit for this kind of thing! Where did you gals look for outside photographers? I'd be looking to do some kind of "pay for my cruise and you get all the photography you want" kind of thing. I am a child & family photographer and routinely do weddings (although I am picky on the weddings I choose to do). I'd link to my site but I'm not sure I can do that? Anyway, I'd love to know where you guys found your outside photographers so I know to start advertising there. :) Thanks!

What cruise date in August? I'm on the 11th - 18th sailing. I know other people have previously done their own vowel renewals while at port but I doubt anyone would say something if you did a renewal on deck 7.

Hi DCL Brides!! I have two totally different questions for you ladies :)

I'm celebrating my 10th anniversary this year and really want to do a DCL Vow Renewal Ceremony. We have two cruises already planned for this year - the Transatlantic in May, and an Alaskan Cruise in August.

I had initially thought about doing it on the Alaskan cruise because it's the week of our actual anniversary (or within a couple days), but the Transatlantic cruise is 12 days long - much better for any extra treatment or perks that come along with cruising. But the cost of the VR is more than we paid for the whole cruise!

I do have a large group of repeat cruise "friends" (acquaintances) on the Transatlantic cruise. Among them are a photographer I could use and a pastor who could do a ceremony. So if there is a way I could do the renewal without having to use Disney that is a possibility - but I don't know if Disney allows that.

My second big question is that I would LOVE to somehow get into doing Disney Cruise Wedding photography. We're big Disney Cruisers, and I'm a professional photographer. I would be a great fit for this kind of thing! Where did you gals look for outside photographers? I'd be looking to do some kind of "pay for my cruise and you get all the photography you want" kind of thing. I am a child & family photographer and routinely do weddings (although I am picky on the weddings I choose to do). I'd link to my site but I'm not sure I can do that? Anyway, I'd love to know where you guys found your outside photographers so I know to start advertising there. :) Thanks!

In regards to your second question, I looked at who other disbrides used as their photographer and checked out the photographer's website and blogs. Once you do a Disney wedding you are in every bride-to-be's radar :) (I spent a lot of time stalking planning journals and checking out photographers listed on weddingwire.com) Maybe if you have a Photography Facebook page you could mention that on the boards?

Hi DCL Brides!! I have two totally different questions for you ladies :) I'm celebrating my 10th anniversary this year and really want to do a DCL Vow Renewal Ceremony. We have two cruises already planned for this year - the Transatlantic in May, and an Alaskan Cruise in August. I had initially thought about doing it on the Alaskan cruise because it's the week of our actual anniversary (or within a couple days), but the Transatlantic cruise is 12 days long - much better for any extra treatment or perks that come along with cruising. But the cost of the VR is more than we paid for the whole cruise! I do have a large group of repeat cruise "friends" (acquaintances) on the Transatlantic cruise. Among them are a photographer I could use and a pastor who could do a ceremony. So if there is a way I could do the renewal without having to use Disney that is a possibility - but I don't know if Disney allows that. My second big question is that I would LOVE to somehow get into doing Disney Cruise Wedding photography. We're big Disney Cruisers, and I'm a professional photographer. I would be a great fit for this kind of thing! Where did you gals look for outside photographers? I'd be looking to do some kind of "pay for my cruise and you get all the photography you want" kind of thing. I am a child & family photographer and routinely do weddings (although I am picky on the weddings I choose to do). I'd link to my site but I'm not sure I can do that? Anyway, I'd love to know where you guys found your outside photographers so I know to start advertising there. :) Thanks!

For the first part of your question, you could hire out a room on board and organise your own ceremony. Most rooms can be hired out for private functions and you can also buy buffet food in varying amounts.

Hi DCL Brides!! I have two totally different questions for you ladies :) I'm celebrating my 10th anniversary this year and really want to do a DCL Vow Renewal Ceremony. We have two cruises already planned for this year - the Transatlantic in May, and an Alaskan Cruise in August. I had initially thought about doing it on the Alaskan cruise because it's the week of our actual anniversary (or within a couple days), but the Transatlantic cruise is 12 days long - much better for any extra treatment or perks that come along with cruising. But the cost of the VR is more than we paid for the whole cruise! I do have a large group of repeat cruise "friends" (acquaintances) on the Transatlantic cruise. Among them are a photographer I could use and a pastor who could do a ceremony. So if there is a way I could do the renewal without having to use Disney that is a possibility - but I don't know if Disney allows that. My second big question is that I would LOVE to somehow get into doing Disney Cruise Wedding photography. We're big Disney Cruisers, and I'm a professional photographer. I would be a great fit for this kind of thing! Where did you gals look for outside photographers? I'd be looking to do some kind of "pay for my cruise and you get all the photography you want" kind of thing. I am a child & family photographer and routinely do weddings (although I am picky on the weddings I choose to do). I'd link to my site but I'm not sure I can do that? Anyway, I'd love to know where you guys found your outside photographers so I know to start advertising there. :) Thanks!
Duplicate post that I'm unable to erase from my iPad, sorry!!

Hi All!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! My finance and I are getting married onboard the Wonder during the 5/2/2014 Westbound Panama Canal cruise. Just booked the wedding last week, and since we are under the 60-day mark, we need to have our Planning Guide back tomorrow! :eek:

I see mention of a facebook group in this thread... does anyone have the link?

Thanks!

Hello Disney Brides I had a question I am currently trying to figure out wheter to bring a photographer on our cruise or use disneys? Has anyone used disney and if so did you like it was it worth the price? Also has anyone brought an outside vendor and if so any name suggestions pricing and if you liked them?? Any help is greatly appericated!! Thank you so much :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter