Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I got married last May and we bought the largest package and booked the photographer for an extra hour, I think it was around $1000.

For those who are wanting to have their ceremony on the Magic, there is a new outdoor space to replace Secret Deck 7. It holds around 50 people so much better than the 20 they had for deck 7.

I really wanted our ceremony to be in the morning, but Meredith has told me that it would likely be either 4pm or 5:30pm .. I've asked for 4pm as otherwise people would miss their early dinner .. is it just me who thinks those timings are not the best? I know we have to go with what the crew can manage, but after 5pm, really?

Anyway, we've asked for the earlier one and will also be ordering some finger desserts from the Groups & Events list for the hour afterwards (extra cost). With only 6 months to go, I have done nothing else about the wedding . . I am definitely not a bridezilla. I need to diet as I won't fit in my dress at this rate, but I'm happy in shorts and tshirt so all will be fine.

We're off on the Magic in May/June, so if anyone needs questions answering, I'd be happy to add them to my own. I'm planning on speaking to the wedding co-ordinator on board and looking at spaces. We'll probably ask for Keys though as it has natural light and we can have the bar open too! :)

Here is Deck 10 aft
deck10aft_zps94d6f2ee.jpg

For those who are wanting to have their ceremony on the Magic, there is a new outdoor space to replace Secret Deck 7. It holds around 50 people so much better than the 20 they had for deck 7. I really wanted our ceremony to be in the morning, but Meredith has told me that it would likely be either 4pm or 5:30pm .. I've asked for 4pm as otherwise people would miss their early dinner .. is it just me who thinks those timings are not the best? I know we have to go with what the crew can manage, but after 5pm, really? Anyway, we've asked for the earlier one and will also be ordering some finger desserts from the Groups & Events list for the hour afterwards (extra cost). With only 6 months to go, I have done nothing else about the wedding . . I am definitely not a bridezilla. I need to diet as I won't fit in my dress at this rate, but I'm happy in shorts and tshirt so all will be fine. We're off on the Magic in May/June, so if anyone needs questions answering, I'd be happy to add them to my own. I'm planning on speaking to the wedding co-ordinator on board and looking at spaces. We'll probably ask for Keys though as it has natural light and we can have the bar open too! :) Here is Deck 10 aft

That's great news, really! Are you going to do the ceremony outside and reception in keys? I really luv the atmosphere in keys. Would be so nice for a reception :)

That's great news, really! Are you going to do the ceremony outside and reception in keys? I really luv the atmosphere in keys. Would be so nice for a reception :)

I'm going to have both in Keys .. Having one bit outside then the reception bit inside would need 2 lots of staff and I can't see them liking that!!

I'm going to have both in Keys .. Having one bit outside then the reception bit inside would need 2 lots of staff and I can't see them liking that!!
Just remember that you can request a location; however, it may not be available. I requested the Cadillac Lounge and was assigned deck 7. I ended up using the outlook cafe.

Just remember that you can request a location; however, it may not be available. I requested the Cadillac Lounge and was assigned deck 7. I ended up using the outlook cafe.

I think we'll be good with Keys as it's the Transatlantic cruise so plenty of sea days to do it. To be honest though, I don't really care .. As long as it's not in the atrium. I would refuse if they gave me that option!!

I think we'll be good with Keys as it's the Transatlantic cruise so plenty of sea days to do it. To be honest though, I don't really care .. As long as it's not in the atrium. I would refuse if they gave me that option!!
It will be beautiful no matter where it's at.

Hello all current and past Disney Brides :goodvibes

I caught wind that the rest of the dates should be out next week!!!! (check the facebook page and my travel agent also let me know!) yeyy i know alot of future brides were waiting so excited for all the future 2015 brides to start PJs and more wedding plans to follow can't wait to officially start planning :rotfl:

also thank you dclwonderprinces for the tips on photography I found a photography willing to go for the price of the cruise and do a few days worth of photos so excited for that!! :cheer2:

Happy planning everyone and good luck to all the rest of the 2014 brides can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Melissa

Happy planning to the summer 2015 brides! I wosh the fall dates had come out as well so I could do my planning also. Hopefully soon!

Happy planning to the summer 2015 brides! I wosh the fall dates had come out as well so I could do my planning also. Hopefully soon!

Its such a bummber that they are waiting on the rest of the year :confused3 hopefully they come out soon im still waiting on pricing so I can book thursday for August!

Happy Planning

Hi everyone:)

I've been reading through this forum for awhile and decided to finally join. I'm not officially a Disney cruise bride yet but we want to book soon. I was just wondering what advice you could offer? Did you use a travel agent or book through the 1-800 number? I'm so excited to start planning and I LOVE reading about all your journeys. Thanks so much:):)

Hi everyone:)

I've been reading through this forum for awhile and decided to finally join. I'm not officially a Disney cruise bride yet but we want to book soon. I was just wondering what advice you could offer? Did you use a travel agent or book through the 1-800 number? I'm so excited to start planning and I LOVE reading about all your journeys. Thanks so much:):)

Welcome to the boards! Glad to hear you want to book a disney cruise wedding :) I actually just booked mine yesterday so I can tell you what I know so far I did everything through a travel agent I used Lisa she is a former DCL bride and is amazing!! it makes everything so much less stressful having a travel agent they handle everyones reservation and they can book your wedding as well and try to put everyone on the same deck get same seating time for dinner (if avaiable) and all the little details I just staretd my PJ http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3256435 so i will post my whole process there
Good Lucks with planning can't wait to hear your planning process!

Melissa

Hi All! I've been lurking a little over the last few days. My sweetheart and I have decided to tie the knot on my 60th birthday, March 13, 2015, on the Wonder. We are so excited. We've been together about eight years, my last child will be going away to college, so it's time to start a new chapter. My travel agent spoke with DCL last week and booked our wedding. I hope we can do it on deck 7. Has anyone looked into a sand ceremony on board? I wonder if they will let us do it. I think it would be a great way to include our adult children. Does anybody have any other ideas about including everyone? Anyway, congrats to all of you!

Teresa:love:

Hi All! I've been lurking a little over the last few days. My sweetheart and I have decided to tie the knot on my 60th birthday, March 13, 2015, on the Wonder. We are so excited. We've been together about eight years, my last child will be going away to college, so it's time to start a new chapter. My travel agent spoke with DCL last week and booked our wedding. I hope we can do it on deck 7. Has anyone looked into a sand ceremony on board? I wonder if they will let us do it. I think it would be a great way to include our adult children. Does anybody have any other ideas about including everyone? Anyway, congrats to all of you!

Teresa:love:

Congrulations on your upcoming wedding! As far as the sand cermony disney does not allow those :worried: (https://www.disneyweddings.com/cruise/faq/) its listed in the FAQ section on the Disney wedding site but an idea of including people is normal young children parts using adults, for us we are using his grandmother for our flower girl to keep her involved just a thought good luck with planning cant wait to hear what you decide popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter