Disney Dining Plan via DVC

Ross J 82

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are buying enough points for two weeks and notice you cant just buy dining package for a certain number of days. Do you know if you split your points so spent one week at a home resort and one week at another resort whether you could just get it for one of those weeks?

Thanks

Ross

DDP is per reservation and all on the reservation have to be on the same plan. You can have it on your first reservation and not on the second. If you don't usually get the DDP, check out the cost and menus to see what oop would run. Most will agree that the DDP while convenient, isn't really a good value anymore.

:earsboy: Bill

DDP is per reservation and all on the reservation have to be on the same plan. You can have it on your first reservation and not on the second. If you don't usually get the DDP, check out the cost and menus to see what oop would run. Most will agree that the DDP while convenient, isn't really a good value anymore.

Especially if you have a kitchen at hand to make meals in your villa.

Especially if you have a kitchen at hand to make meals in your villa.

Also with DVC discount when you do go out to eat, the value is not there at all.

Hi,

We are buying enough points for two weeks and notice you cant just buy dining package for a certain number of days. Do you know if you split your points so spent one week at a home resort and one week at another resort whether you could just get it for one of those weeks?

Thanks

Ross
As noted, you can get for one "reservation" but not for another or for one villa and not another if you have more than one.

Also with DVC discount when you do go out to eat, the value is not there at all.
It depends, often this is true though we usually get a good value. My projections for our upcoming trip in the fall are cost of $872 and value of $1343 for the food alone ignoring mugs and snacks which is how I usually compare. As a rule you can get the best value out of the deluxe and the least (often non at all or actually pay more) for the QS plan. shorter stays, well planned restaurant choices and kids 3-9 add value.

I haven't been able to see the value in the dining plan in many years. I've checked numbers the last few years and it is tough to break even with the dining plan unless you plan it just right. If you do character buffets everyday then it might work for you. I would venture to say that many people would not usually get a dessert with a quick service meal or get two snacks everyday. Paying for something you would not get in the first place is not a deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter