Disney Divas Getaway!!

Going through this right now.
Hubby got invited to an IBM conference in Orlando.
We can not afford for everyone to go.
We just did a family Disney trip in December 2006.
Kids also went in May 2002.
The good news is.........We can afford for me to go!!!!
:banana:
The kids will be spending the week with friends.
I am going to be doing a Princess Mom Disney Getaway.
Hubby will be joining me in the evenings when he isn't busy.
I had a very bad 2007 and this is a chance for me to get some pixie dust back.
:woohoo:
We told the kids a while ago. They did not seem to even care at first.
We have traveled without them before, so they are kinda used to it.
Now that we leave in a little over a month they seem a little more bummed.
They are not mad, but they have asked when our next trip as a family will be.
I told them I will bring home lots of souvenirs, scout out some places we have
not hit as a family, and we will start planing the 2010 trip when I get back.
They seem ok with that!!

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Thank goodness!!!!
Because it is really hard to contain my own EXCITEMENT!!!!

Kristineamb, here is something fun you can do. Drop by the pool one night and meet the woman who will be celebrating her SIXTIETH birthday by going ALONE, for the very first time in her life!!!:worship:

You will feel so much younger and that has to be worth the trip.:rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy/Linda

We are five Disney Moms planning a 40th birthday celebration/trip in September! :grouphug:

We are staying @Pop Century and got the free dining package!!! :cheer2:
Some of us are feeling a little guilty going without our kids and spouses...in fact we are keeping the trip a secret from our kids until it gets closer. :guilty:
Any advice, ideas or suggestions to make our getaway more special would be appreciated!:thanks:

You're going to have a blast! I went with a group of Mom friends--no kids--no husbands. We really had a great time!

We did a spa afternoon at the GF spa.
We did a Segway Around the World Tour. I highly recommend this. We laughed so hard our bellies hurt!
We ate at California Grill. Fabulous!

We were also on the dining plan so we chose to pay out of pocket for one dinner so we could do California Grill. It was so worth it! Ummmm....other than that, we just had fun in the parks!

I'm already planning a repeat performance for my 40th birthday (in another 11 years, you know ;) )

We are five Disney Moms planning a 40th birthday celebration/trip in September! :grouphug:

We are staying @Pop Century and got the free dining package!!! :cheer2:
Some of us are feeling a little guilty going without our kids and spouses...in fact we are keeping the trip a secret from our kids until it gets closer. :guilty:
Any advice, ideas or suggestions to make our getaway more special would be appreciated!:thanks:

Not a mom, but have gone with some friends at different times and had some adult fun! I like the spa at Saratoga. Have heard that the GF spa went downhill a little. I also think that tea at the Garden View Tea Room was fun. Night time... besides the park... JellyRolls on the Boardwalk and of course PI (AC is always fun). And each mom take another family of another mom and send fairy god mail to the kids... its fun! And as far as feeling guilty... you deserve to go to your happy place too! The mom's I know forget to treat themselves every so often. Enjoy it!

Hi Kristine - Me and three of my friends are going in September for our 40th birthdays too! I also see we are both Texans - I'm in Houston.

I have decided to buy tiaras for each of us to wear at a princess breakfast - most of us have boys and don't get to do the princess stuff. I also found some great hot pink t-shirts that say "What happens with the girlfriends stays with the girlfriends" that I am giving them for our trip.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for other fun stuff so I can't wait to hear what everyone else has to offer!

How does the fairy god mail work? Sounds like a great idea!
Thanks!
:cutie:

There is a thread over on community board... and basically you send a post card from WDW or DL to a child (or occ an adult). I try to get a character that they like for the post card... if I can get a character to sign it I will... otherwise, I write something like "hi, its your pal mickey! just wanted to say hello" or "Cant wait to see you again!" etc

I have a list of names I am doing from a past trip and then some others that I have gotten recently. Plus I am sending to a post card to the kids of my friends that are going with me in May. They dont know (unless they read this that I am doing that)

Must be the year to turn 40! I do that this summer myself and will not be at WDW for it :scared1: will celebrate it early with friends and maybe again after when i get home.

Hi Kristine - Me and three of my friends are going in September for our 40th birthdays too! I also see we are both Texans - I'm in Houston.

I have decided to buy tiaras for each of us to wear at a princess breakfast - most of us have boys and don't get to do the princess stuff. I also found some great hot pink t-shirts that say "What happens with the girlfriends stays with the girlfriends" that I am giving them for our trip.

I'm also keeping my eyes open for other fun stuff so I can't wait to hear what everyone else has to offer!

One of our divas is from Houston (Katy)...the rest of us are from San Antonio (Schertz)...most of us have boys too! We ordered groovy rhinestone Disney Diva iron ons from Just Add Bling on ebay! We will be there Sept. 8-13. :cutie:

One our divas is from Houston...the rest of us are from San Antonio...most of us have boys too! We ordered groovy rhinestone Disney Diva iron ons from Just Add Bling on ebay (see my signature!) We will be there Sept. 8-13. :cutie:

thanks for sharing that! love it!!!!

Myself and a huge gathering of other DISers will be at the Pop when you are. Maybe we can all meet up. The current name is Ape Escape 08 or GLOWita something or another but I am sure you will not miss seeing us over by the Hippy Dippy Pool and around. I think we are going to have matching shirts and such. Great bunch of gals and then me. :rotfl:

Happy 40th ladies!!

Slightly Goofy/Linda (gonna be 60)

Myself and a huge gathering of other DISers will be at the Pop when you are. Maybe we can all meet up. The current name is Ape Escape 08 or GLOWita something or another but I am sure you will not miss seeing us over by the Hippy Dippy Pool and around. I think we are going to have matching shirts and such. Great bunch of gals and then me. :rotfl:

Happy 40th ladies!!

Slightly Goofy/Linda (gonna be 60)

We're going to have matching shirts too! Disney Diva and Mickey tie dyes! Thanks for the invite! :goodvibes
We'll look for you! :grouphug:

I shall be looking forward to meeting you wild women in September and I think you will find many like minded gals in our group. I am the old one of the group and they let me hang out with them in hopes of rehabilitating me. Sure!!!:rotfl:

SG/Linda who had an aunt in Texas/Broaddus

I've actually only taken my Dh once. All the other times have been girl's getaways :rotfl2: We have a fabulous time releasing our inner princess during the day and rocking our inner Divas at night :cool1: The Tiaras and Tantrums Meet was the greatest week of my life. I can't wait for this years meet :banana: It's too bad you won't be there when we are, we always have room for a dozen more :guilty:

I 2nd Jellyrolls and highly recommend 8trax. You can always head to Wolfgang Pucks at DTD and look this guy up, as you can see, he's game for anything and if we weren't all married we'd have taken him up on his offer to go clubbing off site :rotfl:

IMG_1655.jpg

Shugardrawers, you have all the luck. I love WGP and have been there often, met some awfully nice folks but none that looked like that and certainly none that invited me out on the town. :worship:

HOWEVER, I did once have a 70 year old guy follow me around the grocery one time. At first I thought he was just friendly and then he told me a very dirty joke. I informed him that I already had one old man to take care of and was not interested in a harem of such and he took off, finally! :rotfl: Now if he had told me he could cook, clean or something I might have considered it though. :thumbsup2

I love you younger gals going places on your own. :cheer2:

SG/Linda

Hey Kristineamb and Slightly Goofy...

My mom, sis and I will be at POP 9/6-9/14 to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

No kids, too. Yes, I am feeling guilty about leaving them at home, especially DD6 who loves, loves, loves Disney. But, this is the only thing my mom wanted for her birthday. We all went last Christmas and everything was geared towards the kids. This time, its all about us ... and the cocktails. ::yes::

Cool! We'll have to toast the birthday girls together at the pool bar!
One of our Divas saw (cheap) light up tiaras @Wal-mart! Also going to accessorize with glow stick necklaces and bracelets from the $ Store! Don't think you'll miss us!

Shugardrawers, you have all the luck. I love WGP and have been there often, met some awfully nice folks but none that looked like that and certainly none that invited me out on the town. :worship:

HOWEVER, I did once have a 70 year old guy follow me around the grocery one time. At first I thought he was just friendly and then he told me a very dirty joke. I informed him that I already had one old man to take care of and was not interested in a harem of such and he took off, finally! :rotfl: Now if he had told me he could cook, clean or something I might have considered it though. :thumbsup2

I love you younger gals going places on your own. :cheer2:

SG/Linda

Trust me, I'm more likely to get the dirty old man at the grocery store too :rotfl: It's been so long since I ran after young stud muffinsI don't think I'd remember what to do with one if he was actually serious anyway :sad2: Strangely enough, he wasn't the only cutie we got to wear a tiara on that trip :lmao:

IMG_1543.jpg

PMSday3010.jpg

Hey Kristineamb and Slightly Goofy...

My mom, sis and I will be at POP 9/6-9/14 to celebrate my mom's 60th birthday!
:yay: :yay: :yay:

No kids, too. Yes, I am feeling guilty about leaving them at home, especially DD6 who loves, loves, loves Disney. But, this is the only thing my mom wanted for her birthday. We all went last Christmas and everything was geared towards the kids. This time, its all about us ... and the cocktails. ::yes::

HEY!!! I'll be there with that week too :yay: I'll have my Dh with me, but still. We may have to arrange a mini meet :thumbsup2

Cool! We'll have to toast the birthday girls together at the pool bar!
One of our Divas saw (cheap) light up tiaras @Wal-mart! Also going to accessorize with glow stick necklaces and bracelets from the $ Store! Don't think you'll miss us!

Ooooh a light up tiara! You'd fit right in with the Tiaras and Tantrums crowd. We'll miss you by about 6 weeks though :guilty: Our meet is Oct 23-29 and open to any ladies who want to join us. What dept were they in? Toys, party? (Yes, I'm going twice in 6 weeks. I actually wish it was more spread out but one is our anniversary vacation and the other is our annual meet and they just happen to fall that way.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter