Disney Divas Getaway!!

thanksgiving_0-52.gif

Look what I found for you!!

So Easy Crockpot Apple Butter

12 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples (about 4 pounds)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
2 T cider vinegar
3 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t allspice
1/ t ground nutmeg

Place apple slices in a 3 1/2-4 qt slow cooker. Stir in sugar, water, vinegar and spices. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally. When finished cooking, use a wire whisk to stir apples well.

Chill 1 hour or overnight. Ladle apple butter into 1/2 pint storage or freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal and label. Store three weeks in refrigerator or up to one year in freezer. Makes 4 1/2 pints.

Can dou ble recipe and cook in a 6 qt crockpot. Might have to cook a little longer. Also, if u sing apples that are sweet, you can reduce the sugar by 1/4 the amount called for.

Gobble, gobble!! From your favorite turkey, Linda Lou

Look what I found for you!!
So Easy Crockpot Apple Butter
12 cups peeled, cored and sliced apples (about 4 pounds)
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup water
2 T cider vinegar
3 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground cloves
1/4 t allspice
1/ t ground nutmeg
Place apple slices in a 3 1/2-4 qt slow cooker. Stir in sugar, water, vinegar and spices. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally. When finished cooking, use a wire whisk to stir apples well.
Chill 1 hour or overnight. Ladle apple butter into 1/2 pint storage or freezer containers, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Seal and label. Store three weeks in refrigerator or up to one year in freezer. Makes 4 1/2 pints.
Can double recipe and cook in a 6 qt crockpot. Might have to cook a little longer. Also, if using apples that are sweet, you can reduce the sugar by 1/4 the amount called for.
Gobble, gobble!! From your favorite turkey, Linda Lou
Thank you for thinking of me! This sounds so easy! I love using my crock pot! :goodvibes

Crockpots are only beat by microwaves. Both rank right up their with 'The Pill" as the greatest inventions of my day. :rotfl:

You youngsters have no idea what life was before and I am glad for it!!

Gobble until you wobble. I love it!

SG

Crockpots are only beat by microwaves. Both rank right up their with 'The Pill" as the greatest inventions of my day. :rotfl:
SG

I often wonder when I read books that take place in the past how I would have coped :scared:

SG

I know a little about stuff like that... my grandparents did NOT have heat or AC (it was windows and electric fan or quilts, fireplace, and oil stove downstairs.. even luckier if you had someone to share the bed with!) No crock pot or microwave, milked their own cows and ran it through a separater... eggs straight from the chicken coop... etc etc LMAO loved going there!

Sha, you done described my life although I did not have some of them thar luxuries you write about. I grew up dirt poor and so we were way behind the times. There were advantages though. I grew up to love to read and have a wonderful imagination because we could not afford toys. I am glad of it too. :cool1:

Diva K, you do not miss that which you did not have. Your children will have many things that you could not even dream of but they will also miss out on some of the simple things that you enjoy now. Would you believe that at one time someone wanted to close down the patent office because everything that could be invented had already been? It was in 1899, before automobilies, airplanes, telephones etc. (actually this is an urban myth but many believe it to be true and it is such a good story that it gets repeated a lot, even by those who know it to be false):rotfl:

Good night you wonderful folks. I have The Grand to watch. Just love them British shows. They are risque and so are I. :laughing:

SG

Sha, you done described my life although I did not have some of them thar luxuries you write about. I grew up dirt poor and so we were way behind the times. There were advantages though. I grew up to love to read and have a wonderful imagination because we could not afford toys. I am glad of it too. :cool1:

Diva K, you do not miss that which you did not have. Your children will have many things that you could not even dream of but they will also miss out on some of the simple things that you enjoy now. Would you believe that at one time someone wanted to close down the patent office because everything that could be invented had already been? It was in 1899, before automobilies, airplanes, telephones etc. (actually this is an urban myth but many believe it to be true and it is such a good story that it gets repeated a lot, even by those who know it to be false):rotfl:

Good night you wonderful folks. I have The Grand to watch. Just love them British shows. They are risque and so are I. :laughing:

SG

Am watching the Polar Express here myself....

There was a TV but could only get 3 channels. Was more fun spending time up at the pool or out riding the horses. Would read too! OR EXPLORE the room above the kitchen... the wash house upstairs rooms... or the garage (even if you couldnt get into it really). I didnt know there was stuff in the smoke house to see too. Course.. I liked to catch lightning bugs too :)

Sha, might you be near my age? I remember three TV channels too and that is amazing to my grandkids and then I tell them that they were only on for a few hours a day and really blow their minds. What I love is when they want to know what things their parents did not have in their day and they think their parents are ancient as well. :lmao:

We had a fur lined room as my dad trapped to pay for our school clothes. Had ginseng drying out on every level surface available. Three hole privy, no moon cut in the door though. I also know what was in the smokehouse as I used to feed it. ;)

SG/having a delightful day today

My family was always the last to get anything new...all my friend's families had VCRs, microwaves and cable TV before my family...my parents would wait until they got the kinks out of something before they would buy it (either that or they thought something was just a phase and would fizzle out before they had a chance to buy it...we never had automatic doors or windows in cars because it was just something else to break...)

Sha, might you be near my age? I remember three TV channels too and that is amazing to my grandkids and then I tell them that they were only on for a few hours a day and really blow their minds. What I love is when they want to know what things their parents did not have in their day and they think their parents are ancient as well. :lmao:

We had a fur lined room as my dad trapped to pay for our school clothes. Had ginseng drying out on every level surface available. Three hole privy, no moon cut in the door though. I also know what was in the smokehouse as I used to feed it. ;)

SG/having a delightful day today

There were only 3 channels as that is all could be received by the air attennia and the mountain interference. my gandfather quit smoking his own stuff. No outhouse. Bathroom was installed in 1932 the night before my mom was born. Am 40 :)

Sha, sounds as if you and I are no longer hillbilly's but are now Mountain Williams.:lmao: My grandma did not even have a privy but she sure did have the prettiest flower beds you ever did see! BTW, I am 60 so you must have been reared up further back in the boonies than I. :)

SG

Sha, sounds as if you and I are no longer hillbilly's but are now Mountain Williams.:lmao: My grandma did not even have a privy but she sure did have the prettiest flower beds you ever did see! BTW, I am 60 so you must have been reared up further back in the boonies than I. :)

SG

I was only there during the summer and occassional Christmas breaks. Grew up in Ft. Lauderdale. :goodvibes

Okay Sha, you are a city slicker then. :love:

I ran from my small town roots as soon as I was able and spent some time in big cities and such but when it came time to raise my children I headed back to the hills. :lmao:

SG

Merry Christmas to you and may your holiday be full of peace and joy!

Happy New Year!!!!! May 2009 be wonderful for all of you!

Hey Diva K, glad you made it back in one piece, even though a bit sore. It is not the fall that hurts but that sudden stop.:rotfl:

Happy New Year to all!

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter