• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Dream has switched to pump bottles for H2O pruducts

I asked a friend of mine who works in DCL reservations about the change (I was hoping that they would still have bar soap for those (like me) who don't like body wash, and I asked about the potential for tampering). She quoted this, pretty much word for word, so I think that it came directly from their internal documentation, and also said there would not be bar soap anymore.
Then what soap are the using for the sink in the toilet room? Did they move to having liquid soap?

If only they would pass these amazing savings onto us.
Marriott has stated several times that it doesn’t save them money. It’s about using less plastic.

Take it for what it’s worth, I don’t really think Disney is passing any savings on.

At least they sell these toiletries in bigger bottles on their website. So if you really like the products and/or want the "scent memories", then you can buy the large bottles.

I just want to make sure... so there is no BAR SOAP in either the shower or the toilet room. So, it is just liquid soap (body wash and liquid hand soap) for both rooms?

Thanks!

This is the response I received from DCL:

Dear Heather‍,

Thank you for your email.

At Disney Cruise Line, we are dedicated to minimizing our impact on the environment. In an effort to reduce the amount of single-use plastic aboard our ships, we are replacing individual tubes of stateroom amenities with refillable dispensers of the H2O+ Beauty products previously available on our vessels. In addition, all Guest staterooms will now have body wash.

Each dispenser will be cleaned and refilled routinely. Crew Members will ensure dispensers remain sanitized and replenished every cruise. Each dispenser is secured with a tamper-proof seal. If the seal is damaged, the dispenser will be sanitized, refilled, and a new tamper-proof seal will be added.

We are glad to hear your positive feedback regarding this change, and we appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments with us. The feedback we receive from our Guests is very important to us as it lets us know what we are doing right, as well as how we can improve. We will continue to strive to provide our Guests with the finest vacation and entertainment experiences and are grateful for your valuable input to help us achieve that goal.

Thank you again, Heather, for your email to Disney Cruise Line.

Best regards,

Bonnie Lee
Executive Guest Correspondent
Disney Cruise Line

Just as an FYI, I was just on the phone with Shoreside Concierge and asked this question and this will be happening with Concierge as well. I was told that this change will take place before my cruise on April 5th.

I just did a Live Chat with DCL. Obviously take the information with a grain of salt since we all know that there is not 100% accuracy in information transfer.

When I asked about products available, I was told, "Large-size, refillable dispensers of H2O+ Beauty products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion) will be available for Guests in their staterooms."

In terms of the half bath with the toilet, the cast member indicated that there would be bar soap available.

I'm hopeful that this is all accurate information.

Just left the Dream today. There was facial bar soap in the toilet area, but no body bar soap in the shower area. I missed the bar soap, but I must admit that I enjoyed the mint flavored body wash.

Ha, I often call them flavors too. My wife always says- "they are scents! Not flavors!".
I use to work in shampoo packaging, it is very common to call them flavors. When switching production from one to another, it was a flavor change.

Then what soap are the using for the sink in the toilet room? Did they move to having liquid soap?

I just want to make sure... so there is no BAR SOAP in either the shower or the toilet room.

I just did a Live Chat with DCL. Obviously take the information with a grain of salt since we all know that there is not 100% accuracy in information transfer.

When I asked about products available, I was told, "Large-size, refillable dispensers of H2O+ Beauty products (shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion) will be available for Guests in their staterooms."

In terms of the half bath with the toilet, the cast member indicated that there would be bar soap available.

My friend in DCL reservations let me know that there would be a bar of hand soap in the split bathrooms that contain the toilet, but only body wash would be provided in the shower. Not sure what happens for the rooms that /don't/ have a split bath.

My friend in DCL reservations let me know that there would be a bar of hand soap in the split bathrooms that contain the toilet, but only body wash would be provided in the shower. Not sure what happens for the rooms that /don't/ have a split bath.

I am sure the stateroom hosts will bring as many bars of soap as you like. I have found that they go above and beyond to make someone happy. I will be asking for one for each sink. We use the shower room to get ready with our makeup and need to wash our hands in there also.

This is what keeps some of you up at night? Bigger risk of getting sick from holding on to the handrails when you go up and down the stairs from deck to deck or pushing elevator buttons.

This is what keeps some of you up at night? Bigger risk of getting sick from holding on to the handrails when you go up and down the stairs from deck to deck or pushing elevator buttons.

You have to realize that a ship is totally different then being at home. You are confined to a very small space with lots of people. Illness can spread very quickly in these conditions. All it takes is one person to not wash their hands after using the toilet and dozens of people can get norovirus. Nobody wants their vacation ruined because someone is not concerned enough about their hygiene to do something as basic as keep their hands clean and then go around touching everything. We got back a couple of weeks ago from the Fantasy. They only had the one bar soap in the bathroom with the toilet. I called down and asked for a couple more, one for the sink in the shower room, and one for the actual shower. They tried to tell me to use the body wash but I said that we use soap when we wash our hands in the sink(which you would think makes sense, there is a sink so there should be soap). And also, the body wash is minty or menthol-ish and not good to use on sensitive areas of the body. They did bring us some more bar soap.

@ Lilsia - You missed my point entirely. I am well aware of how norovirus occurs on a cruise ship given the multitudes of people and close proximity, but thanks for the education. All of the points you listed support what I was saying. You are more inclined to get sick from all of the public areas on the ship. But I'm happy you were able to get the soap concern addressed in your own cabin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter