Disney Familymoon live trip report 22-25 Aug

Chlo83

Mouseketeer
Sooo we are finally here at DLH for our Disney familymoon! DH and I got married on the 2nd Aug and are here now with his DD who is 8 for our familymoon! We wanted to do something special that included her to as part of becoming a new family :-) We are also joined by her beloved Stitch who even has his own 'pawsport' which caused a lot of smiles from the Eurostar and DLH reception!

We are all big Disney fans since doing a day trip to DLP 3 years ago and getting smitten with the bug. Since then we did a few days at Disneyland California as part of a work trip and 2 nights at the Sequoia Lodge at the end of the Christmas season last year. This is our first time at the DLH and I've got a lot of help on these boards so thought I'd do a trip report to try to give something back.

Unfortunately we both had to work this morning and so we had to get the Eurostar via Lille leaving at 12.58 rather than travelling earlier in the morning. We settled into our table seats and it was very easy and relaxed - went to the buffet car earlier for yummy pizza. DH and I were working on stuff for work (booo but means we can now relax and enjoy the weekend!) and DD was busy looking after Stitch.

We are staying for 3 nights and getting the direct Eurostar back on Monday. Because it was only £5 more we are coming back in Standard Premium! We have premium half board and had made the following bookings:

Sat 23rd 12.30pm Cafe Mickey, 7pm Walts
Sun 24th 1pm Inventions brunch
Mon 25th 12.30 Blue Lagoon

We planned to just order pizza at Cafe Mickey and pay cash. DH had ignored my suggestions to book for the first night...wanting to just grab something...

Train was a bit late but easy change in Lille just walking over the platform. We walked to DLH and checked in - all very easy! Snagged an extra fastpass for today which was a win! I'd asked for a room overlooking the park which we didn't get but we are very close to the elevator down to the parks so still very happy. Little bit of pixie dust in an autograph and pen for DD - she is very happy!

DH was still working and sending emails as we girls got more excited about going to the parks so despite arriving at 5.30 didn't leave til just after 6. He then decided he wanted a sit down meal and only places with space were Silverspur or Cali Grill...we decided to try Cali Grill and splash out with the premium vouchers so made a reservation for 8.30. Unpacked while he was working - nice to be settled!

Finally Decided to go use the hotel fastpass on Ratatouille which still had about a 15 mins wait - loved the ride though - very different and a great start!

By time we finished was 7, saw queue for Crush was only 50 mins so decided to brave it. What a fun ride! DD loved it too - haven't done this one before so that was good! Then we did flying carpets twice as there wasn't much of a queue - DD and stitch in the front doing the up and down and me and DH in the back rocking it.

Then onto Cali Grill! Got a lovely window table with a view of the castle and it's a beautiful restaurant! We treated ourselves to a glass of Disneyland champagne which was very yummy! A tip - they added grenadine to DDs sprite to make it special and didn't charge any extra for this - she'd wanted pink lemonade!

TBH were a bit disappointed otherwise - service was very slow and the food wasn't really my thing. Pudding made up for it tho - DD had the chocolate hedgehog and I had the cheese - on the premium menu you were only meant to get two but I got all 5 (I think because they were so slow with to come - DD had already finished) and they were very yummy cheeses - roblochon, Brie , Camembert, goat and Comte!

Because it was so slow we didn't finish until 10.30 and as it was raining decided to rest and do EMH tomorrow rather than try to squeeze in rides or dreams. Bit disappointed but also very tired - to bed now before getting up to do some of our favourites. Felt odd to start in the studios but DD had seen ads for the rat and badly wanted to - looking forward to seeing the castle tomorrow but very pleased we've already done ratatouille and crush before the weekend erm... Crush!

Didn't get time to post yesterday so here we go with day 2...

Despite best plans to get up early it didn't happen - DH and DD both slept thru alarm and decided it was better to let them rest than risk them being tired for the whole trip!

We had a yummy breakfast and then headed straight to DLP. Was lovely walking up Main Street towards the castle as I missed this going straight to the studios yesterday!

I grabbed fastpasses for BTM while DH and DD did the shooting gallery and then we went and used our hotel fastpass for Peter Pan, which already had a long queue. For me that ride is quintessential Disney and always makes me so happy. Then went on the storybook boats which was lovely and relaxing before heading back to use our fastpasses for BTM, grabbing another set for Star Tours on the way.

Bit of a disaster - it broke down after quite a wait - we were told we could use the fastpasses later though which was good. Then we went and did Star Tours and grabbed fast passes for Buzz for after lunch.

Then lunch at cafe Mickey! We shared pizza, waffles and a mushroom starter - loads of food! We met old favourites Mickey, Goofy and Pluto and new friends Daisy and Rabbit! Good interaction and lots of fun.

Then we went back and pulled fast passes for Space Mountain then used our fast passes for Buzz. As the fast pass time wasn't long we could go straight on Space Mountain afterwards - DD even bought Stitch! Then we went and used our Pause Gourmande vouchers at Hyperion for ice cream, brownies and drinks. Then we used the hotel fast pass to do Buzz again!

Then we went over to the Studios for Stitch Live - a priority for DD! We were lucky and she got picked to talk to Stitch - he called her the 'girl with the little me' as she had Stitch with her - which probably helped! We were going to queue up for Rock n Rollercoaster but were really tired so headed back to DLH for a short rest...

After our rest we tried to use our FPs for BTM but it was still down (boo!) then we had a reservation at Walts. Amazing restaurant and food - really is our favourite! Was lovely to relax and share a bottle of wine and DD was on best behaviour! Highlight was my spun sugar tulip dessert! Meal took a while so didn't get out until 9.45.

Then we popped over and did Pirates (a fave) with just a ten minute queue before returning to get a spot for dreams. We were near Casey's Corner and had a really good view. Loved it so much - made of happy!

Then back to the room for sleeps!

Lovely tr and what a lovely way to celebrate getting married :bride:

You seem to have done loads already - look forward to more :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter