**Disney Fantasy June 30th, 2012- EASTERN**

Yay! My sister was able to book a last minute VGT for our cruise! She and her family WILL be able to cruise with us and we are so excited! party:

That is so great! We just added two people to my sisters cabin today too. Couldn't believe they still let us add more people to this cruise. They even gave us the DVC discounted amount. The more the merrier! So glad it worked out for your family to come along!

That is so great! We just added two people to my sisters cabin today too. Couldn't believe they still let us add more people to this cruise. They even gave us the DVC discounted amount. The more the merrier! So glad it worked out for your family to come along!

Hi yes, we are part of this add! We are 7 total cruising and they said they had closed quad space on the ship, but let us add two spaces to my friends reservation. We are me (54), my son (22), his fiance (23), my daughter (18), her boyfriend (18), my daughter (15) and her best friend (15).

We had 2 cabins (one with 2 and one with 3) but would only let us add one of the older kids. (no more quad space) Daniel just graduated from VA Tech and was looking for a job with a CPA firm. He did not want to vacation without a job. Well, he got an offer last week and so we tried to add him and Lauren at the last minute and we were successful!!

Thanks to all who made this happen!! :love:

Are there many college age kids on this cruise? My two 18 year olds are off to William and Mary and Christopher Newport University. The older kids are Radford University and VA Tech! The two 18 year olds are excited to finally go to the clubs and dance .... the four of them should have an awesome time together! party:

Are there many college age kids on this cruise? My two 18 year olds are off to William and Mary and Christopher Newport University. The older kids are Radford University and VA Tech! The two 18 year olds are excited to finally go to the clubs and dance .... the four of them should have an awesome time together! party:

Hi Lisa! So excited that all of you are coming on the cruise with us next week!

I do think there a quite a few "graduation" cruisers on this cruise that would be the same age at Annie and Mitchell. Did you check out the Facebook link? Karen linked over there and I believe that is where there is info on the meet and greet! See you soon!!

GREAT! Two more college age cruisers! I have two sons in this age group (18 & 21), and there are lots more. Look back in this thread and you can see numerous postings about this age group. 10 of the 18-21 crowd are on the Facebook page set up just for them. Hope yours will join in too. Also, look at the separate thread on the DIS Board called "college age cruisers." Most importantly, make sure they attend the meet & greet for that age group on the first night of the cruise. That's when they meet each other and tell the cast member what kind of planned gatherings they want for the rest of the week. :woohoo:

I am looking to see if anyone has a family beach cabana that would prefer a Serenity Bay cabana. I booked Cabana #20 yesterday & realized after that it is adults only. I wanted a cabana because we are traveling with our 10 mo old & wanted a nice place for her to nap.

I cancelled a cabana on Serenity Bay last night (or maybe the day before..I can't remember)....but I think it was #20. We all plan on hanging out at the family beach so didn't need one on Serenity Bay.

MJ

I am looking to see if anyone has a family beach cabana that would prefer a Serenity Bay cabana. I booked Cabana #20 yesterday & realized after that it is adults only. I wanted a cabana because we are traveling with our 10 mo old & wanted a nice place for her to nap.

Make sure you cancel it very soon so you are not charged for it. You only have a day or 2 to cancel it at this point...

MJ

Awesome! My boarding time is at 2:00, should be able to make it there. Looking foward to meeting you there

Just a clarification......your port arrival time is 2:00 pm...not your boarding time. If they call open boarding you may very well be onboard before 2:00 pm.

The times assigned when you do your online check in are ARRIVAL times...not BOARDING times.

If you get there by 1:30 or so you MAY be able to get onboard before 2:00...all depends on the crowds in the terminal and when they call open boarding.

They start boarding at about 11:45 am with boarding card #'s 1, 2, 3, etc. You will get your BOARDING card # when you check in at the terminal or they will tell you it is open boarding and you can walk right on.

MJ

So excited for our first DCL experience. I'm a little late finding the DIS boards, but we are traveling on the Fantasy on the 30th of June! Yeah only 5 more days. I am traveling with my DH (37), DD (10) and DS (6). I've read so many great tips, but does anyone have any good tips for motion sickness. I have terrible motion sickness in cars and planes so figure it will be the same on the cruise. Heading to doctor and hoping for some good meds but any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

So excited for our first DCL experience. I'm a little late finding the DIS boards, but we are traveling on the Fantasy on the 30th of June! Yeah only 5 more days. I am traveling with my DH (37), DD (10) and DS (6). I've read so many great tips, but does anyone have any good tips for motion sickness. I have terrible motion sickness in cars and planes so figure it will be the same on the cruise. Heading to doctor and hoping for some good meds but any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Disboards (I am one of the moderators on the cruise board) and welcome to the June 30th Meets thread!!!

Luckily I have never experienced seasickness but many people find that even if they have other types of motion sickness it does not mean that they will definitely get seasick.

Best thing is to talk to your doctor. Many people use patches (but they can make you sleepy and have dry mouth). Many use seabands (pressure points), ginger tablets and over the counter seasickness meds like Bonine. some take it even before they get on the ship so it is already in their system.

Some use a lower dosage...maybe try some Bonine (the non drowsy type) and see how it affects you now...then you can adjust the dose before you actually cruise to see what works for you.

Good luck!!!

MJ

Welcome to the Disboards (I am one of the moderators on the cruise board) and welcome to the June 30th Meets thread!!!

Luckily I have never experienced seasickness but many people find that even if they have other types of motion sickness it does not mean that they will definitely get seasick.

Best thing is to talk to your doctor. Many people use patches (but they can make you sleepy and have dry mouth). Many use seabands (pressure points), ginger tablets and over the counter seasickness meds like Bonine. some take it even before they get on the ship so it is already in their system.

Some use a lower dosage...maybe try some Bonine (the non drowsy type) and see how it affects you now...then you can adjust the dose before you actually cruise to see what works for you.

Good luck!!!

MJ

Thanks for the tip! So excited. I have been reading the thread all weekend. Is it ok to download the adorable pics/clip art for our door as well? We have been to WDW and DL several times but first cruise and I love the idea of the door decorations.

Just a few more days! We can't wait, me and hubby are renewing our vows onboard, so excited. Hoping and praying for a safe, healthy and beautiful weather during our trip.

Thanks for the tip! So excited. I have been reading the thread all weekend. Is it ok to download the adorable pics/clip art for our door as well? We have been to WDW and DL several times but first cruise and I love the idea of the door decorations.

yes it is okay to download the pics. I am looking at mine right now thinking i should get off the computer and start making magnets.

Welcome aboard! I am one of those who has terrible motion sickness during long car rides but Im fine on the cruise. Im bringing bonine and ginger candy just in case tho.

If you are on facebook- join us over there too!

Welcome aboard! I am one of those who has terrible motion sickness during long car rides but Im fine on the cruise. Im bringing bonine and ginger candy just in case tho.

If you are on facebook- join us over there too!

Great, I will go get some of both.
I am on FB, where? I searched disney cruise...what's the link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter