Disney Food Pictures...Part V!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was the Cronut?? Hope they have them for the Food and Wine festival.

Well, I only got one bite, but I liked it. It was like a fried croissant, really. I think they roll out the flaky pastry and cut ring donut shapes in it, and fry the ring.

Well, I only got one bite, but I liked it. It was like a fried croissant, really. I think they roll out the flaky pastry and cut ring donut shapes in it, and fry the ring.
The Cronut is delicious. And it's actually a regular item. It's at the Refreshment Port.
I thought the cronut was delicious! Cinnamony goodness. Totally getting another next time!
Thank you all. We can't wait to try one!!! A small local shop here makes 150 a day but the date to pick up your order of 2 dz isn't for 3 months because the are sooo busy!!

I thought the cronut was delicious! Cinnamony goodness. Totally getting another next time!

Good to hear. I doubt it's as good as Dominique Ansel's, but then I imagine you don't have to stand in a ridiculous line for one (personally, I think it's better to go to the bakery in the afternoon, when the cronuts are gone but, inexplicably, the superior Kouign Amann is readily available without wait). Still, even if it's just fried croissant dough rather than the three-day alchemized result of whatever mythical material Ansel sold his soul to the French God of Pastry for, I'm sure it's tasty enough to try!

On a side note, I wonder how much Disney paid Ansel to use the term cronut, which he has famously trademarked (if they bothered to fret about such silliness at all, that is).

On a side note, I wonder how much Disney paid Ansel to use the term cronut, which he has famously trademarked (if they bothered to fret about such silliness at all, that is).

Disney does not call them Cronuts - they are called "Croissant Doughnuts" at WDW. :)

how was your dinner here? Wanted to plan a "nicer" dinner for my husband and I, and since he is so picky I figured this would be a good spot. Just wondering how the food and service were. Thanks!!!

Sorry, I missed this.

Food & service were excellent - it is one of our favorite WDW restaurants :thumbsup2

Good to hear. I doubt it's as good as Dominique Ansel's, but then I imagine you don't have to stand in a ridiculous line for one (personally, I think it's better to go to the bakery in the afternoon, when the cronuts are gone but, inexplicably, the superior Kouign Amann is readily available without wait). Still, even if it's just fried croissant dough rather than the three-day alchemized result of whatever mythical material Ansel sold his soul to the French God of Pastry for, I'm sure it's tasty enough to try!

I'm afraid all that was totally over our heads - being Brits!

There was a story over here last year about a cafe in London which invented something it called a Cronut and had been making and selling them for years. Then Starbucks rear their ugly, greedy heads and try to shut these people down because they came up with the name and it was their name and no-one else could use it. In the end, Starbucks backed off and accepted that it was very different to their own Cronut and was not holding itself out to be their own one.

DSC00838_zps5aafba79.jpg

Jalapeno cream cheese pretzel.

I tried this pretzel for the 1st time at AK & it was soooo good!! I didn't think it had cream cheese in it though, just jalapeno cheese which was not too spicy IMO. :thumbsup2

Here are some pics of our visit to L'Artisan des Glaces in Epcot.

Chocolate Macaron Sandwich

This was so good! The macaron part was wonderfully crisp then chewy, just as it should be. And I love the little "newspaper" wrapper.

The Croque Glaces or Brioche Pressed Ice Cream Sandwich with pistachio ice cream and raspberry syrup

It was so fun to watch this get made, and it tasted amazing. Not your mother's ice cream sandwich, I can tell you that!

I would love to see steak pictures from one of the steakhouses like Yachtsman, Shula's or Le Cellier.

I can't wait to go and bring back some Food & Wine festival photos!!!!!

DSC_0024-2.jpg

Epcot Food and Wine Festival October 2013
(Top left) From Argentina- Grilled beef skewer with chimichurri sauce and boniato puree
(Right) From Argentina- Garlic shrimp with roasted tomatoes, lemon myrtle and rapini
(Bottom left) From Australia- Grilled lamb chop with mint pesto and potato crunchies

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter