Disney Genie announcement

Unfortunately Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique may not be an option for you for to a couple of reasons. BBB has not re-opened and when it does, there is a minimum age requirement of 3 years old.

Don't mean to be a downer but wanted to share to save disappointment when you arrive.
Appreciate that information. I think my beautiful bride was looking at the same sort of option at Shades of Green Resort. Sure can't do it for the 4 yo though and leave out the 2 yo...that could cause issues! :)

My point was that he says he's confident it won't be able to be done, although Disney confirmed it could be done but never really addresses whether it could be done or not. I guess maybe it was just poorly worded.

I think we're interpreting it the same way, but I think my brain has a good Scott Gustin translator. He's saying Disney confirmed the two hour rule. Disney did not confirm whether the two hour rule will be applicable prior to park opening.

Last edited:
Oh. I agree it's highly unlikely they go back. I just hope Genie flops enough so that they significantly miss their revenue targets. That way, maybe they will learn that even a Disney consumer has a breaking point on the amount of up-charges you add and benefits you take away.

As of right now, I have absolutely zero desire to return. The Disney vacation that I used to love no longer exists. There is no more magic for me. And, once Disney stops being magical, it becomes like everything else. Vacationers must ask themselves, whether or not the product justifies the cost? In my opinion, it does not. Disney went into all of these changes too hard and too fast. Not just Genie+, but all of the perks that have been taken away. It's truly sad.

Even this forum seems to have a lot less traffic than it used to. To me, that's a sign that I am not alone in the way I feel.
ALL forums are dying due to social media. So that's a really poor benchmark to go by.
I won't even touch the rest of your posts.

Personally, I hope Genie and Genie + are great success stories!! The Magic of Disney since I've been going (first time was 1976) has always been in the eye of the beholder. You make magic by just letting go and reliving a little of your childhood and those dreams! I'm so glad I will be able to share that with my granddaughters...and Genie+ is surely going to assist!

I assume that it will be the posted wait time determined the same way it has been for years. Those are usually inflated because of the difficulty, if not impossibility, of knowing how long it will take someone entering the line at that time to reach the ride.

I will probably still use Touring Plans to see if their “Expected” wait time is significantly different than the posted wait time.
do we think the expected wait times are temporarily less than usual because the LL or previously known as FP lanes have been in general not open?

I posed this question in the "Fun" thread but perhaps its more applicable here..

Here's my question/predicament...

we fly in on Nov. 10th - and are headed to MK. My plan is to have already added on Genie+ to our tickets when they are released so I'll already have it in place for Nov. 10th.

So...my "plan" is at 7am, when I'm sitting at the airport in NC waiting to board my 7:30am flight to MCO I should be able to go into my Genie + and get a LL for MK, right? I'm assuming I will want to select a ride, I'm hoping for BTMMR, for later in the day, like 1pm or so....

BUT when I land, which will be 9:30am, can I go ahead and sign up for another LL ride for MK since my BTMMR will still be over 120 minutes away and the park is open or do I have to wait until I'm IN the park to get my "longer than 120 min wait" LL?

If I have to wait until Im IN the park, does that mean, when I tap in to MK at 11:00 (fingers crossed since we're at VGF) that I should THEN be able to get a 2nd LL ride at MK?

Thoughts?

*UPDATE* - since I originally posted this question, I did get a response saying that for my first LL attraction pick, I can't pick my time, I'm basically given the first available time - so my plan of trying to get a BTMMR at 1pm is a fail from the start, right since I'm thinking if the park opens at 9am, the system would offer me a LL time of 10am-ish..or something like that..

and in my case, I may just have to wait until next week when the system goes live and see how it really works!

This is exactly how our family plans on doing it at a first glance, though they will also get me to shell out LLIA$ for Frozen due to my favorite five year old girl.
I was thinking the same since our two princesses will want to do Frozen at least once or twice. Question: can you purchase the LLIA$ in advance and pick a time or is it like the Genie+ and you get next available? Or, can you look at the standby and if it's long, just buy entry then? That would be a great option. :)

I posed this question in the "Fun" thread but perhaps its more applicable here..

Here's my question/predicament...

we fly in on Nov. 10th - and are headed to MK. My plan is to have already added on Genie+ to our tickets when they are released so I'll already have it in place for Nov. 10th.

So...my "plan" is at 7am, when I'm sitting at the airport in NC waiting to board my 7:30am flight to MCO I should be able to go into my Genie + and get a LL for MK, right? I'm assuming I will want to select a ride, I'm hoping for BTMMR, for later in the day, like 1pm or so....

BUT when I land, which will be 9:30am, can I go ahead and sign up for another LL ride for MK since my BTMMR will still be over 120 minutes away and the park is open or do I have to wait until I'm IN the park to get my "longer than 120 min wait" LL?

If I have to wait until Im IN the park, does that mean, when I tap in to MK at 11:00 (fingers crossed since we're at VGF) that I should THEN be able to get a 2nd LL ride at MK?

Thoughts?

*UPDATE* - since I originally posted this question, I did get a response saying that for my first LL attraction pick, I can't pick my time, I'm basically given the first available time - so my plan of trying to get a BTMMR at 1pm is a fail from the start, right since I'm thinking if the park opens at 9am, the system would offer me a LL time of 10am-ish..or something like that..

and in my case, I may just have to wait until next week when the system goes live and see how it really works!

With the free genie, which will give you a suggestion when to ride when rides have lowest waits, you don’t have a LL access (it will keep trying to temp you to purchase $15 Genie+). You can book both LLIA$ at 7 am for say SDMT and Space. 2 hours before you enter the park you can pay for Genie+ and get the next available (if there is anything available); it will not let you overlap or conflict with dining, LLIA$. Genie+ can still be purchased even if you have nothing to use it for.

see post 3579 for screenshot

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter