• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Genie announcement

I hope the prices adjust (reduce) with demand
I'm fairly confident that at some point after rollout they will go to prices that adjust with demand.
I'm not so confident that "reduce" will be one of the options considered by Disney execs.

I guess the Genie+ is really going to be good for some and not worth the cost for others. But since you can get it for just certain days and not have to purchase for all days, I see some definite advantages for our upcoming trip. We are focused on introducing our granddaughters (4 yo and 2 yo) to the Wonderful World of Disney! So, by purchasing Genie+ for our Magic Kingdom days we can ensure getting them on the busier little kids rides like Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise and still be able to do the shorter lines like the Carousel and Small World. On the other hand, going to somewhere like EPCOT or Animal Kingdom, no need for Genie+. There aren't that many little kids rides at either and using the EE half hour will work well. Then considering some of the rides at a place like EPCOT that they would ride (Frozen) isn't even included. So, 2 MK days...5 tickets...$15 each...that's $150 cost to ensure they get to do what we really hope they can do. Yes, that means a few less stuffed animals or maybe we skip having them do the Princess make-up (although I doubt Grandma will buy off on that) or we just increase our overall expected cost by $150. For their enjoyment, I'll take it!!
Unfortunately Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique may not be an option for you for to a couple of reasons. BBB has not re-opened and when it does, there is a minimum age requirement of 3 years old.

Don't mean to be a downer but wanted to share to save disappointment when you arrive.

I hope the prices adjust (reduce) with demand and that everyone can enjoy being in the parks again (riding rides/watching parades/meet&greets)
I doubt Genie+ will ever go lower then $15 and I highly doubt they will give it away free like they did with dining. The individual rides might go lower in price.

Epcot and AK are enjoyable even without Genie+; you can eat at booths, enjoy the atmosphere shows etc. I would get LLIA$ for FOP and Remy (our must do’s)
Pretty much agree if you're going during a festival. We will be there for marathon weekend and AK is possibly skippable altogether but definitely nothing more than a hop to and see what we can do. Epcot will def be ILL for Remy and the rest we can do standby.

So are we thinking with Epcot opening late, we will be able to book one G+ at 7am, but not book another until the park opens (assuming that opening is more than 2 hours in the future)?
Im so confused by those tweets. It seems like he says booking one every two hours was confirmed but that it won't be possible to do so at epcot.?

Im so confused by those tweets. It seems like he says booking one every two hours was confirmed but that it won't be possible to do so at epcot.?
That's how I was reading it too. But it seems weird to have different rules for each park opening at a different time. I really don't think Disney IT is that sophisticated LOL

He's just saying you can book another at Epcot before the park opens, like some were thinking you could.

The 2 hour thing only applies once in the park. He only used Epcot as an example as it opens so late.
Didnt he say there was nothing addressing that though? not saying he's wrong but it sounds like he's making an affirmative statement and admitting it's speculation anyway but he's confident in his speculation.?

Doesnt matter anyway I guess..I'll just wait a few days to see anyway.:-)

I know we have many unanswered questions but can I say- and maybe I'm in the minority-

I am excited about this. Yes it is change. Yes we have to learn a new system. Yes there may be some things about the old we loved that will be gone.. but maybe there will be some things about the new we will love?

Im in the boat if I hated the thought of booking fastpasses in advance and loved the maxpass system at Disneyland. Never in many trips there even during the busiest times of the year were we unable to get a fastpass for the rides we wanted.

He's saying the two hour rule is confirmed but he's talking about the speculation that people would be able to stack LL reservations before Epcot opens.

In theory, since Epcot opens at 11am some days, you could book one at 7am, one at 9am, and one at 11am. That would give people 3 LL reservations stacked before park opening. After park opening it would work the same as the other parks.

He's now saying (and I agree) that Disney will probably NOT allow that to happen. They will probably allow one reservation to be made at 7:00 and all the rest after the park opens.

Last edited:
Didnt he say there was nothing addressing that though? not saying he's wrong but it sounds like he's making an affirmative statement and admitting it's speculation anyway but he's confident in his speculation.?

Doesnt matter anyway I guess..I'll just wait a few days to see anyway.:-)
There is nothing addressing it but he is fairly confident it will the case. It does make sense. Otherwise a lot of LL will be booked before park opens.

He's just saying you can book another at Epcot before the park opens, like some were thinking you could.

He's saying that it's possible in theory, but that now he doesn't think Disney will allow it.

Last edited:
He's saying that's possible in theory, but that now he doesn't think Disney will allow it.
He was saying that most people were thinking that will be the case. I don't think Disney will allow it. You might as well bring back FP+ and give everyone 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter