Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not letting me purchase a target card and pay with my target gift cards online. "You can't use a target gift card to purchase this type of card". Is anyone having luck in store?
I tried buying DGC with a target gc in store yesterday and it didn't take. I tried self checkout and the cashier and was told the DGC is no longer an entertainment card and I couldn't buy another GC with a target GC.
I asked if something changed in the last month because I used my target GC to buy 2 DGC with no problem last month at the same store. The cashier and customer service were adamant that it could not be done. After waiting 30 min for a manager. I left. So frustrating. I'm in WA state
Waiting to see if anyone else has any luck.

It's not letting me purchase a target card and pay with my target gift cards online. "You can't use a target gift card to purchase this type of card". Is anyone having luck in store?

Have you tried adding a non-GC item?

I tried buying DGC with a target gc in store yesterday and it didn't take. I tried self checkout and the cashier and was told the DGC is no longer an entertainment card and I couldn't buy another GC with a target GC.
I asked if something changed in the last month because I used my target GC to buy 2 DGC with no problem last month at the same store. The cashier and customer service were adamant that it could not be done. After waiting 30 min for a manager. I left. So frustrating. I'm in WA state
Yikes - this makes me nervous. I just bought 300.00 online with the sale today. Wonder if I should do a test at the store with a smaller amount like a 25.00 gift card before I buy more.

I just ordered a $300 mobile Target card online plus a box of dishwasher detergent (for in store pickup) and it let me apply a $50 gift card. We'll see what happens. I'll report back if it's cancelled.

I just ordered $300 online and it wouldn't let me use gift card to pay either. I did not try to add an item. I ordered anyways. I would like to use them later to buy Disney gift cards, but if I can't I won't be upset, I shop at target for a lot of other things anyways.

Darn. I really hope the part about them not being entertainment cards anymore isn't true. As for the computers not allowing your purchase to go through what a bummer!! There have been 2 other reports of that but they were a couple months back. Did you get a chance to try a normal checkout line? Do you have another Target near you? It sounds like your Target might be like the other poster's & the computer systems won't allow it? There's no work around to that except finding another Target.

I just ordered $300 online and it wouldn't let me use gift card to pay either. I did not try to add an item. I ordered anyways. I would like to use them later to buy Disney gift cards, but if I can't I won't be upset, I shop at target for a lot of other things anyways.

Try adding a non-GC "filler" item to your order. Use the website or mobile site though. I don't think this trick works on the app.

Target .com changed their policy about a month or two ago to not allow Target GC>Target GC, which was a real inconvenience because a lot of us use this to consolidate smaller GCs without having to go into a store and have Guest Services do it. Some of us here figured out Target GC>Target GC still works if you add a filler item to your order.

I just did it and my $300 GC arrived in my inbox 5 minutes after the order confirmation.

It worked for me, too! I was able to order a $300 Target card online for 10% plus an extra item for in store pickup and I did partial payment with a Target gift card. I just got the Target mobile card delivered and the item is ready for pickup in store.

Hmm . . . Target online not working for me. Trying $300 worth of Target cards + a small filler. Paying with 4 gift cards + a tiny portion on Red Card. This is the message I get:
  • There was a problem processing your payment. Please try another payment method.

I just did one in store (self check our) paying with a gift card. I may only do one more in store (have to Kroger and convert visa gift card to target) since it's now unclear whether you can still buy Disney with target gift cards. Regardless, I'll have no issue spending the money at target.

I just did one in store (self check our) paying with a gift card. I may only do one more in store (have to Kroger and convert visa gift card to target) since it's now unclear whether you can still buy Disney with target gift cards. Regardless, I'll have no issue spending the money at target.
Did you buy a Disney gift card with a Target gift card?

I just converted Target gc bought from Kroger in-store without any issue. Did 3 $300 transactions back to back at self checkout.
Not worried about them converting directly to Disney as I shop weekly at Target and can mix gc in with normal purchases to mask the tender type. I have until Fall 2017 so no rush. I'm tempted to go back to Kroger and get more as I'm saving a ton.

I'm also trying $300 of Target cards with a small filler online - I'm not getting an error message, but when I click place order nothing happens...

Hmm . . . Target online not working for me. Trying $300 worth of Target cards + a small filler. Paying with 4 gift cards + a tiny portion on Red Card. This is the message I get:
  • There was a problem processing your payment. Please try another payment method.

I was able to put $2 worth of gift tags to be delivered and didn't pay anything with my Red Card and it went through (all Target gift cards). Holding my breath that the emails come through.

Mine wasn't working when I had a physical giftcard to mail picked out (not what I wanted, an accident). I removed that gift card and went to pick an email delivery one and then it was fine... not sure if that will help you. I had a $1 filler item, so $1.03 went on my redcard, $270 was a gift card. I did store pick up for my filler item. Waiting on confirmation email now.

You can only use 4 forms of payment so 4 gc plus red card won't work. Try 3 gc & red card.

I'm also trying $300 of Target cards with a small filler online - I'm not getting an error message, but when I click place order nothing happens...

I had that problem when I tried early this morning. Logging out and back in didn't work, clearing my cache didn't work, trying different browsers didn't work. I tried again later on my phone's browser and got it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter