Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an email from Fry's (the local iteration of Kroger) that they are doing 4x fuel points on Gift Card purchases for 2 weeks starting today, but there were no details in my email and there is no advertising for it in store and I wasn't able to try it. Anyone know if there are restrictions this time around on the types of gift cards that qualify?

It appears to be the normal 4x offer, not a restaurant and movie offer or something more specific. I will be going this weekend and buying Target gift cards and Sephora or Nordstrom for my sister's birthday.

The offers seem like they've been more frequent but less predictable this year. Keeping me on my toes.

And if you take your van and your spouses car and fill up at the same time to get the max of 35 gallons, you save 14% with fuel points + your 6% with your credit card.

I take fuel cans to do the same. Someone posted this a while back. Gonna repeat here since its appropriate. This only works if you have a long time to accumulate gift cards and also use lots of gas. You accumulate gift cards slower this way, so its important to look not just at % saved, but total dollars saved on your trip . . .

Buy $100 Visa or Amex pre-loaded (not loadable) gift card @ Kroger during 4x promo (paying $5.95 fee) = get 424 fuel points
Use the $100 Visa you just bought to purchase $100 Disney gift card = get 400 fuel points
Total fuel points = 824
That equates to 82.4 cents off 35 gallons of gas = $28.84 in savings
You must deduct the fee paid on your Visa card above, which reduces savings to $22.89
Additional 6% Amex Blue Preferred Savings on initial $105.95 Visa gc purchase = $6.35
Total savings = $29.24 = 29.24%
For those who don't use the Amex Blue Preferred, savings = 22.89%
Note: I use my Amex Blue Preferred card on groceries and gift cards at Kroger until I reach the $6,000 limit. Then I use the Amex Blue Everyday for 3% off. (We spend a lot on groceries in this house!)

Just don't goof and end up with more fuel points than you'll use. I've done this twice now and wanted to kick myself. And then there was the time I locked my keys in my car while pumping gas and couldn't get to the fuel cans in my trunk. I was more annoyed that I lost the savings on the gas going into my fuel cans than I was annoyed that I was left wandering around the Kroger parking lot looking for someone to help me break into my own car - lol (and of course it was the day we were leaving for vacation)!! So, if you're like me, decrease your savings a couple percentage points due to stupidity - ha. :-)

Jodie

So after reading back a few pages & checking myself this morning...I'm assuming it is true that you can no longer get the 5% discount with your target red card online? I just checked this am & there were plenty of cards but no discount? SO now I'm guessing I'll be switching to Sam's club and getting at least a little discount.

Wish we had a Kroger's around here...We have Price chopper, which sometimes does 2x or 4x the gas points but not very often and the gas savings is limited to 20 gallons.

I would love to be able to take advantage of the 4x on gift cards. Our Kroger equivalent here in the Portland area is Fred Meyer. Unfortunately, Amex doesn't categorize Fred Meyer as a grocery store to get the 6% cash back on groceries. It has a full scale grocery department but also has other departments similar to a Target. Because of that I've had to switch my grocery shopping to Safeway which usually offers 2X on gift cards and rarely 4X.

I love Kroger Gift Card points.. I have 4 Disney cards now for my May trip (all purchased at Krogers).. Will be going this week for another!! I always call a friend or someone to hop behind me at the gas line since my car only takes 14 gallons to fill up.. So nice to fill up for less than 20 bucks!!

So after reading back a few pages & checking myself this morning...I'm assuming it is true that you can no longer get the 5% discount with your target red card online? I just checked this am & there were plenty of cards but no discount? SO now I'm guessing I'll be switching to Sam's club and getting at least a little discount.

Correct the online red card discount using Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards is gone, at least for now. I purchase a Target gift card this morning at 6.5% discount then purchased a Disney gift card still saving some but not what it used to be.

Last edited:
Correct the online red card discount using Target gift cards to purchase Disney gift cards is gone, at least for now. I purchase a Target gift card this morning at 6.5% discount then purchased a Disney gift card still saving some but not what it used to be.

Never mind the gift cards. You cannot use your target red card debit card and get 5% off Disney Gift Cards online.

I believe some people have reported they still give you 5% off in stores using the target red card.

I bought gift cards yesterday with my red card and it was still 5% off in store. The cashier said that their employee discount was recently taken away, though. That was an awesome perk when I worked at the Target Optical a few years ago. I really missed it when I left.

The redcard discount is working online again!!!

...and it applies when using a Target Gift Card!:worship:

(Note: I did not complete my purchase. I put the $50 in my cart and changed my payment to a $25 Target Gift card and the balance that would have been charged to my RedCard was $22.50. I was going to pull the trigger, but realized that I have enough Disney gift cards for our upcoming trip so I will use my $25 Target gift card at the SuperTarget for our groceries instead:flower3:)

The redcard discount is working online again!!!
Thank you for posting!

I purchased a couple to make sure that it works and it went through all the way to check out! Chances are pretty good that Target will run out of stock quickly now that the discount is working again, so anyone who has been waiting should probably get their order in soon.

Gee, now I get to have regrets on the ones I bought without the extra 5%. lol. I'm really just happy that it is back!!

I ordered some using a gc w/ red card discount. I recieved confirmation.

I will feel better when they ship! :)

So please hold my hand here.

I purchase an egift Gift Card from a discounted GC place.

Go to Target.com & purchase a Disney Gift Card with the discounted GC & save 5% b/c I have my Target Credit Card as the default form of payment.

Am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter