Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the $7.50 savings come off your total? Or is it off your next order?
It comes off this order. I wasn’t sure how it worked so I added about $9 worth of groceries. The receipt shows the $7.50 deducted from the cost of the gift card which I thought was odd. I’m not sure what would happen if you purchased the gift card by itself.

It comes off this order. I wasn’t sure how it worked so I added about $9 worth of groceries. The receipt shows the $7.50 deducted from the cost of the gift card which I thought was odd. I’m not sure what would happen if you purchased the gift card by itself.
This is what I came to find. With both deals stacked it is a great deal, I can't pass up. I'll do the Happy Guy one so $15 off of $150. I don't want to have to do $15 worth of grocery shopping. But I guess better safe than sorry.

Great, thanks! I have to get a few things today anyway :)

This is what I came to find. With both deals stacked it is a great deal, I can't pass up. I'll do the Happy Guy one so $15 off of $150. I don't want to have to do $15 worth of grocery shopping. But I guess better safe than sorry.

Great, thanks! I have to get a few things today anyway :)
I think I'll be stopping on the way home for one too. I will probably try just the gift cards so I'll report back.

Doctorofcredit reported that one of his readers said that a rep said there was a limit of 10. It hasn’t been updated yet. That could just be one agent not knowing what they’re talking about or BBB actually limiting to 10 eventually.

I just called the Bed Bath & Beyond Rebate Center and they told me there is no limit to the number of rebates you can submit. That being said, everyone is being told different thing by different agents so who knows if there really is a limit and what the number is. We will find out if/when peoples rebates start getting rejected.

That being said, to respond to the point about doing split payments with multiple happy gift cards, if you start doing multiple split payments you have a much better chance of them asking to see the cards you are using or them taking notice of the cards you are using and getting shot down. People have been shot down for trying to use one happy card, if you try to use 3 or 4 on one transaction... who knows.

Last edited:
I just called the Bed Bath & Beyond Rebate Center and they told me there is no limit t the number of rebates you can submit. That being said, everyone is being told different thing by different agents so who knows if there really is a limit and what the number is. We will find out if/when peoples rebates start getting rejected.

That being said, to respond to the point about doing split payments with multiple happy gift cards, if you start doing multiple split payments you have a much better chance of them asking to see the cards you are using or them taking notice of the cards you are using and getting shot down. People have been shot down for trying to use one happy card, if you try to use 3 or 4 on one transaction... who knows.

Did you happen to ask if lower denominations adding up to $50 will qualify for the rebate? I'd love to do two $25 cards, and pay with one $50 HC.

What does it say if you go on the website? I'm not looking in my store's circular, and I purposely have not entered in my location when I look online. I go to the shop rite website, go to the "save" drop down, and choose gift card promotions. On my end, there is a separate section for ShopRite (Maryland), but I'm not seeing the restrictions you are. It just has different dates (shop through Thursday 12/20 and start redeeming Friday 12/21.
https://shop.shoprite.com/giftcardpromo?_ga=2.9263868.873538130.1545175028-946399292.1528813996

It seems like ShopRite must have decided to run a promo on all gift cards but probably already had printed their circulars which is why the circular only has specific cards listed and on their website it says all cards. Of course, very few people probably know about this since most people just look in the circular and don't look under the promotions on the website.

Did you happen to ask if lower denominations adding up to $50 will qualify for the rebate? I'd love to do two $25 cards, and pay with one $50 HC.

Sorry, I didn't ask. But honestly, anything these people say I would take with a grain of salt. It sounded to me the guy I spoke to was looking at the same exact rebate form that you and I see on the website. It didn't say a limit on the form, so he said there is no limit. I honestly feel like they themselves have no idea what will qualify and what won't. The only one who probably knows is the one who coded it into the computer and we will all find out if/when the computer starts rejecting rebates.

Since you have until 1/31 to submit the rebate, you might want to wait a few weeks and see what happens to other peoples rebates. Of course, someone has to go first so is someone willing to take one for the team and be the guinea pig?

Starting today Safeway has a Just4U offer for 10X reward points on Happy cards through December 29. Today is also the last day for the previous promotion to save $7.50 on your groceries when you buy select Happy cards. I stopped on my way to work and can verify that the two offers stack. I get more bang for my buck when I redeem the rewards points for groceries rather than fuel. With my 10 gallon tank, each 1X on rewards is worth $1 in fuel savings, so a max of $10 per fill-up. I can usually redeem 4 rewards for $7 off any meat department purchase which gives me 75% more value than redeeming for fuel. Plus, I don't have to wait until I'm running on fumes to fill-up and I'm not locked into Chevron which is higher than Fred Meyer and Costco.
I’d like to use this deal but I’m unclear where the HC are sure to use as payment for other GC?

It seems like ShopRite must have decided to run a promo on all gift cards but probably already had printed their circulars which is why the circular only has specific cards listed and on their website it says all cards. Of course, very few people probably know about this since most people just look in the circular and don't look under the promotions on the website.

That makes sense. FWIW, I did the deal today, buying two $25 Dunkin Donuts GCs for teacher gifts, and the $10 credit for next week printed right out.

I’d like to use this deal but I’m unclear where the HC are sure to use as payment for other GC?

I’ve been able to use them at BB&B and Home Depot without any issues but it can be a YMMV situation if you get an employee who has their own interpretation of store policy. At Home Depot I used self checkout and kept the transactions at $50 or less. At BB&B I kept the card out of sight until it was time to swipe and made sure to choose credit when prompted. I personally wouldn’t invest a lot of money in this until I tested it out for myself first.

I’ve been able to use them at BB&B and Home Depot without any issues but it can be a YMMV situation if you get an employee who has their own interpretation of store policy. At Home Depot I used self checkout and kept the transactions at $50 or less. At BB&B I kept the card out of sight until it was time to swipe and made sure to choose credit when prompted. I personally wouldn’t invest a lot of money in this until I tested it out for myself first.

Agreed that Home Depot is probably the best bet. I think we've only read about one instance of a grumpy cashier making things difficult for someone on this board. On the other hand, BBB seems to only work if you are able to swipe the card and do so in a way that the cashier doesn't see the card you're using. I'm happy to say that I've had no trouble at my BBB, but some of the stories of hostile cashiers accusing people of money laundering is enough to convince me to only do small amounts here and there.

The self check-out option at HD is much safer. If they're on sale, Happy Guy cards are the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter