Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Best Buy gift card deals does it have to be a Disney gift card? Could I buy a few Cricket refill cards up to $100 and get the swagbucks?

I have been buying Amazon and Shell Gift Cards for the most part. I think I have enough Disney for the next trip, so I haven't been buying more. Every now and again, I might get a dining GC or Whole Foods.

Can I use prepaid visa/mc gift cards? I have Staples 10% Offer through Amex. Next time Staples has no fee I want to buy $500 worth and then buy Disney gift cards.

I have been buying prepaid Visas at Walgreens this quarter with my Chase Freedom and using those at BB to convert to Amazon/Gas/Disney, etc. along with SB. Love to stack the savings! After the activation fee, I am getting about 4x UR, 950 SB, 2 BB Rewards per $100 purchase.

I can’t use Dosh or RMN and receive credit by doing a Sam’s purchase with Sam’s GCs, right? I have $50 in Sam’s GCs to use and would like to put that towards Disney GCs, but wasn’t sure what avenue to use to get more of a discount.

I saved a bunch of WM GC that I cashed out from SB and used them to buy Disney GC on Sam's. My $5 RMN credited just fine (I even forgot the I had gone through RMN when I bought them, so that was a nice surprise!) This was in January.

ETA: I had about $135 in WM GC from SB and a Christmas return to use, and then put $7 on my cc. That might have triggered the RMN, instead of straight GC payment...not sure though.

Last edited:
I have been buying prepaid Visas at Walgreens this quarter with my Chase Freedom and using those at BB to convert to Amazon/Gas/Disney, etc. along with SB. Love to stack the savings! After the activation fee, I am getting about 4x UR, 950 SB, 2 BB Rewards per $100 purchase.
I didn’t think about this, I’m thinking about buying an Apple Watch from BB and this will totally help get me more than 1X on my freedom! Thanks.

Has anyone had issues buying DGC from target online? I have been purchasing the ecards in $500 increments to pay for an upcoming cruise but the last few days it says "unable to complete transaction". I tried buying a few other things without the DGC and it worked fine. I have more than sufficient funds to cover the transaction and no other pending debits so it seems to just be the gift card. Oh and I also tried buying a $200 card and it still wouldn't process. Thanks in advance!

Is there a way to transfer a partial balance using the Disney Gift card website?

I've accumulated $750 on one gift card and I want to purchase SoCal Resident Disneyland tickets online. Unfortunately you need to put at least one dollar on your credit card to prove that you are a resident, which I am. My total purchase is around $670, so if I could transfer like $669 to one card the website would allow me to enter my CC. I don't think you can allocate your purchase on the website, but let me know if you can. If I can't work around this I'll either have to go to the ticket booth the day we visit or drive down another day. Neither is ideal.

Is there a way to transfer a partial balance using the Disney Gift card website?

I've accumulated $750 on one gift card and I want to purchase SoCal Resident Disneyland tickets online. Unfortunately you need to put at least one dollar on your credit card to prove that you are a resident, which I am. My total purchase is around $670, so if I could transfer like $669 to one card the website would allow me to enter my CC. I don't think you can allocate your purchase on the website, but let me know if you can. If I can't work around this I'll either have to go to the ticket booth the day we visit or drive down another day. Neither is ideal.
No, it is all or nothing.

Can you not call them to make this transaction? I really don't know that's why I'm asking. I thought in order to activate an AP you had to do it in person.

Can you not call them to make this transaction? I really don't know that's why I'm asking. I thought in order to activate an AP you had to do it in person.

You can do it over the phone, but there's a $5 charge AND you still have to go to the ticket booth (which doesn't sound right to me, but that's what the CM said over the phone).

You can do it over the phone, but there's a $5 charge AND you still have to go to the ticket booth (which doesn't sound right to me, but that's what the CM said over the phone).

This is good to know. Thank you. Is this the same for WDW?

I'm not surprised you'd have to go to a ticket booth, they need to verify ID. As stated there is no way to move a partial balance off your Disney gift card. Fwiw I would cross post this on the Disneyland Forum to get more visibility and a broader audience who might have experience with this.

Has anyone had their Swagbucks from February 2 show up in their account as both the pending shop activity in addition to the instore bonus? I made transactions on 2/1 and 2/3 and both of them showed up, but not on 2/2. I guess there is a first time for everything (i.e. finally one not posting)! Maybe it'll come later when they reconcile.

You could purchase something from a Disney Store to reduce your balance to the desired amount. I would look on the website to see if there's any souvenirs you'd want to purchase in the parks anyway, and just buy it now with the gift card instead!

My Target recently started carrying 3 day flexible date base ticket Disney World gift cards for $355. This is for ages 10+, it is $340 for ages under 10. First use must be by December 31, 2019. Has anyone else seen these and have experience with them? Wondering if this would be a decent deal with the Red Card. Thanks!

Last edited:
My Target recently started carrying 3 day flexible date base ticket Disney gift cards for $355. This is for ages 10+, it is $340 for ages under 10. First use must be by December 31, 2019. Has anyone else seen these and have experience with them? Wondering if this would be a decent deal with the Red Card. Thanks!

No experience here but it's certainly interesting. I know UCT has specials and their prices include tax. You're definitely going to need to compare prices. Thanks for posting!

I'm confused. Could you please explain?
Sure. Happy Lady is 10% off at Kroger. Link it to your ebates account to use in store. Ebates Bed Bath and Beyond is 4% this weekend. Buying the Happy Card at Kroger with a credit card should give you at least 1% if you have a rewards card.

If you do ebates make sure you activate it and link your card.

My Target recently started carrying 3 day flexible date base ticket Disney gift cards for $355. This is for ages 10+, it is $340 for ages under 10. First use must be by December 31, 2019. Has anyone else seen these and have experience with them? Wondering if this would be a decent deal with the Red Card. Thanks!

This would be a decent deal, even without the red card. A 3-day flexible-date base ticket from Disney is currently $378.08 with tax for 10+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter