Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah - I don't think we had a big 4x promo last year until closer to Easter.

You could sled or snowmobile to Kroger! Bet you could use that ebay bucks promo today to buy yourself some snowshoes - lol!

Theres no way to do the 4x online is there?

J
I can't even imagine dealing with 1' of snow here. It will be interesting.

I think you can get fuel points but I am betting Amex wouldn't code it as a grocery purchase because it's being sold by gift card mall.

That's not good. A lot of people buy Target GC online with discounted Target GC to move the value from the seller.
That's what I did and orders cancelled I'll try other cards down the road. If it doesn't work I'll just use in store the discount would be 11% then I'll cancel red card and buy gift card online and go to store . Not as big reduction but something

That's what I did and orders cancelled I'll try other cards down the road. If it doesn't work I'll just use in store the discount would be 11% then I'll cancel red card and buy gift card online and go to store . Not as big reduction but something

I wonder if the cards you bought were flagged somehow.

I wonder if the cards you bought were flagged somehow.

Recently, Lowe's quit accepting online credits bought from Raise and other sites like that. WHen I tried to use mine in the store, I was told my ecards contained a "string of numbers" they are associating with fraud. I wonder if Target's system is also picking up on something like that?? Only certain cards but if you get one, your account gets flagged?

A few weeks ago I had three orders of Southwest gift cards cancelled by Target. I thought something might be wrong and then when I read on here about people's accounts being flagged and getting banned from ordering, I started to freak out a little. BUT, I was happily able to place orders yesterday for several different denominations of eBay gift cards, so no ban on me yet! Worked out great since I was able to take advantage of the 4x eBay bucks bonus today. I'm not sure why my SW gift cards were cancelled. I've ordered them on Target before with no troubles.

I hope I don't get flag. I'm totally into the Target-eBay churning routine!

Decision time for me:
I didn't get the ebucks offer many of you got. If I cycle the $200 Ebay cards I have to buy Target cards it will cost me $203.98 with shipping, and I'll earn $4 in ebucks. Basically, a wash.
I have time to wait for an ebucks offer; I'm just a little skittish about all these changes.

Decision time for me:
I didn't get the ebucks offer many of you got. If I cycle the $200 Ebay cards I have to buy Target cards it will cost me $203.98 with shipping, and I'll earn $4 in ebucks. Basically, a wash.
I have time to wait for an ebucks offer; I'm just a little skittish about all these changes.

Don't forget that you also get back 1% through Ebates- so another $2. Not much but it's something.

So what are the Target terms and conditions that people are violating that is resulting in a ban?

I don't claim to be an expert on this but in order to get the 5% red card discount I thought you had to save the red card to the account as your default payment mechanism (which triggers the 5% discount even when using gift cards). By doing so aren't you giving them permission? Or are you saying you manually enter your red card in on each purchase as the default payment mechanism then change to pay with gift cards and it does not save your red card info?
I manually enter my red card in the credit/debit card section and it gets recognized as the redcard.
I never save my payment info with merchants.

So what are the Target terms and conditions that people are violating that is resulting in a ban?

Since reselling has been mentioned in conjunction with the bannings, maybe this:

LIMITATIONS ON QUANTITY
Target does not offer additional discounts on large orders of a single item or on large orders of many individual items. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities on orders placed by the same account, on orders placed by the same credit card, and on orders that use the same billing or shipping address. We will notify you if such limits are applied. Target reserves the right to prohibit purchases of any merchandise to resellers. Resellers are defined as a company or an individual that purchases goods with the intention of selling them rather than using them.

I posted about one Target store near me having really low per person purchase limits on gift cards earlier in this thread. When I asked the reasoning behind the rule, reselling was mentioned. I laughed and said I didn't think there was enough profit margin, if any, for people to bother reselling gift cards.

Of course I knew people were churning, and figured that led to a high volume of gift card purchases moreso than the reselling Target thought was going on, but I certainly wasn't going to mention that.

I have no idea what kind of discount retailers get off face value on gift cards. Maybe they're a loss leader, maybe not. But either way, I can't imagine they're a high profit item. I think Target has an idea something is up, but they don't really understand what, so they're just taking a stab at limiting purchases anyway they can.

Speaking of which, I made a purchase at DLR with a stack of $25 Disney cards right after the recent Target promotion, and the CM said someone else had made a purchase with a lot of gift cards too, and that person was trying to explain how they got a great discount on the GC's by buying at both Target and e-bay. I assume they were doing some kind of churning. Even though the CM didn't understand, so the info probably won't get passed on, just a heads up that it's best not to alert retailers to this kind of thing. Just sayin'

So sorry some have been banned. :(

I manually enter my red card in the credit/debit card section and it gets recognized as the redcard.
I never save my payment info with merchants.
So when you do that each time it still gives you your 5% red card discount even though you are using gift cards? I already thought the glitch was because it was listed as the default payment method.

So if you get banned, can you still buy electronic gift cards online for say 10% off and load them onto your phone and use them in the store to buy Disney gift cards?
Yes

I hope this has not been asked a lot - I've been keeping up as much as possible. I ordered an ebay e-gift card from Target on Monday. Order confirmation said it should have been delivered in four hours, but I have yet to see it. Is this normal?
Go to targetecards.com. Enter your order number, email, and enter 00000 for the zipcode.

I can't even imagine dealing with 1' of snow here. It will be interesting.

I think you can get fuel points but I am betting Amex wouldn't code it as a grocery purchase because it's being sold by gift card mall.
We have that at least once a year. Last year we had more than 9' for the year. I live just outside Boston.

So when you do that each time it still gives you your 5% red card discount even though you are using gift cards? I already thought the glitch was because it was listed as the default payment method.
Yes, I get the 5%. You enter your target card first and then the gift cards.

We have that at least once a year. Last year we had more than 9' for the year. I live just outside Boston.

I'm from the NE. But 1' of snow in VA is very different from 1' of snow in the NE. We don't have snow tires, school buses don't have chains on their tires (meaning missing 10+ days of school in a year has become common the last few years), and a lot of people don't have a clue how to drive in it so basically no one goes anywhere.

I used Giftcard Zen and got banned! Hmm. The guy at Target I talked to said they saw a pattern in my purchases and labeled me as a reseller. But I've only had a few Disney card purchases so it didn't make sense. Maybe GC zen is the link?

Well, that is bad news then. The last few Target gc's I have bought were from giftcardzen. I have already used them at this point but I think I will not buy more from them for awhile until we have a better handle on what is going on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter