Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Giftcard Zen and got banned! Hmm. The guy at Target I talked to said they saw a pattern in my purchases and labeled me as a reseller. But I've only had a few Disney card purchases so it didn't make sense. Maybe GC zen is the link?
Interesting-Out of curiosity I wonder if the 3rd poster (@fitnessmouse) who was banned also was trying to use gift cards from gift card zen? I looked back to see if they said but all I saw was them telling others of the recent gift card zen sale on target cards-really glad now I didn't buy any

Guess it depends on where you live. We're in the Cincinnati area. Looks like we have the sale for three days; Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Our bad snow day will be Friday, but I'll be shopping and buying cards by Sunday.

Couple of things.

1) I think we usually had a two week gift card sale this time of year. So the time frame is shorter.

2) With most sales, I usually buy my cards after the first of the month. I'll have until the last day of the following month to use the points. With this sale, I can't. I'll only have about five weeks to use the points.
Expires the last day of February.

I'm wondering if the 4x fuel points Kroger promotions will be shortened considerably this year because the gas prices are so low. 0.75-0.80 a gallon for gas with 1000 fuel points is crazy low! What if gas drops down close to $1? Will we be able to get it for almost free with our points?

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you earlier posters for sharing this Target-eBay gift card technique. I decided to dive in earlier this week, and it was quite easy and seems to have paid off today. If all of the cash back rewards and eBay bucks go through as they should, then in total I will have spent $953 on Target gift cards from raise.com, eBay shipping costs, and a $0.50 cent wooden ruler from Target. In return I will have $1050 in Target gift cards, $84 in eBay bucks, $48.89 in cash back from eBates and TopCashBack, and a wooden ruler. That's already a 17% savings with just a single churn. It's no winning Powerball ticket, but it satisfies my urge to find good deals.

Last edited:
I'd to take a moment to thank all of you earlier posters for sharing this Target-eBay gift card technique. I decided to dive in earlier this week, and it was quite easy and seems to have paid off today. If all of the cash back rewards and eBay bucks go through as they should, then in total I will have spent $953 on Target gift cards from raise.com, eBay shipping costs, and a $0.50 cent wooden ruler from Target. In return I will have $1050 in Target gift cards, $84 in eBay bucks, $48.89 in cash back from eBates and TopCashBack, and a wooden ruler. That's already a 17% savings with just a single churn. It's no winning Powerball ticket, but it satisfies my urge to find good deals.
Great job! Just remember to take it slow so that you don't draw attention to yourself. You don't want Target to ban you from online shopping because they flag your account for being a suspected reseller.

I would be furious if I were banned! Just thinking about it makes me angry. I spend SO much money at Target outside of gift cards and buy on target.com for about a dozen items every month that AREN'T gift cards. Have we confirmed yet whether those banned are avid Target shoppers outside gift card purchasing? I am AT Target about twice a week and shop online about once a week. I don't just churn for gift cards but for my every day purchases as well.

Is anybody else's Ebates acting weird with Target orders? Obviously I'm not gonna put in a ticket for it since they technically don't credit for GC purchases anyway, but I can't figure what they are basing their cash back on. Without going into too much detail, the "totals" ebates is recording for my purchases over the past 2 days don't match at all what I paid on Target. I've tried figuring it out subtracting the gift cards purchased, or the amount I paid with gift cards, etc. to see if I could come up with how they reached their "totals" but nothing matches. Not really complaining, since they at least credited *some* back when it should be none... just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this?

Example:
I ordered 3x100 Disney GCs, 3x50 Disney GCs, $3.49 pack of flossers = $453.49 (so 2% ebates would be $9.07) but ebates is showing a total of $145.82 and reimbursed $2.92. This has happened with all of my past 5 orders in the last 2 days :confused3

Mine has done this for every Target order I have ever placed through ebates. Some orders had only $50 gift cards, some only $100 cards, and some with both. I've added various things to the orders: children's clothes, rulers, cheap bath soaks/scented bath salts, and toys. The total amount of my shopping trips never adds up to what I spenty and I can never figure out how they got what they did. I've never gotten back more than $3 for a single trip. With the recent banning, I am hesitant to go through ebates again. Not worth getting banned for life for $3 if ebates is what triggered it.

I have 3 questions.
only place atm that works is Best Buy, that accepts gift cards using gift cards, but they only sell ebay and disney gift cards.
Would it be possible to buy discounted best buy GC, then use that to buy ebay GC?
Also, what is the biggest target GC denomination available on a trusted seller from eBay.
I'm in the process of converting my eBay GC to target GC but I only have 300$ worth of eBay GC. Should I wait to accumulate more then convert? My first 4x eBucks offer expires tomorrow, so I want to use it now. But I'm afraid that there will be no second offer, so I don't want to waste it on a small amount.

Interesting-Out of curiosity I wonder if the 3rd poster (@fitnessmouse) who was banned also was trying to use gift cards from gift card zen? I looked back to see if they said but all I saw was them telling others of the recent gift card zen sale on target cards-really glad now I didn't buy any
Oh crap! Yes I used giftcardzen :-( and with the sale they had, purchased a large one

I have 3 questions.

Would it be possible to buy discounted best buy GC, then use that to buy ebay GC?
Also, what is the biggest target GC denomination available on a trusted seller from eBay.
I'm in the process of converting my eBay GC to target GC but I only have 300$ worth of eBay GC. Should I wait to accumulate more then convert? My first 4x eBucks offer expires tomorrow, so I want to use it now. But I'm afraid that there will be no second offer, so I don't want to waste it on a small amount.

I have used Best Buy gift cards to buy Disney. I am not sure if they sell eBay though.

The largest denomination from Gift Card Mall is $150.

Even converting $300 is worth it. At the current 4x promo, if you purchased two $150 denominations, you would spend $3.98 in shipping but earn $24 in ebucks (plus any cash back money). I think $150 may be sold out, so three $100 would cost 4.97 in shipping and net $24 in ebucks.

Hope that makes sense!

Oh crap! Yes I used giftcardzen :-( and with the sale they had, purchased a large one

Oh no! So, all those banned had purchased from giftcardzen?? Which I had never even heard from until this last 10% off sale that was posted here. I bought 3-4 gift cards from them (about $200 worth) and I have used them all to buy new Target gift cards. Ugh, I hope I am not flagged now.

Oh no! So, all those banned had purchased from giftcardzen?? Which I had never even heard from until this last 10% off sale that was posted here. I bought 3-4 gift cards from them (about $200 worth) and I have used them all to buy new Target gift cards. Ugh, I hope I am not flagged now.
Same here. Hope I don't find out I'm banned when I try to place my next order. I do not plan to order gift cards in my next order.

I received a $10 off of a $20 purchase welcome to eBay coupon that expires on the 22nd. What is the smallest non-resale denomination Target GC I can buy. I went to the eBay site the other day when I joined but only found resale cards. What is GCM, there are GC for sale other than in GCM too, right? TIA

So I just did my first eBay churn! Yay! I Had $650 in eBay cards ready to go and thx to reading here I went back to check my email where I had missed the email notifying me of the 4x offer! Glad I checked here in time! I got $52 in eBay bucks! Awesome! But, they only had $50 cards! Argh! So, not knowing if the bigger ones would come back in stock, I decided I better go for it and just get those and pay the $14.87 shipping cost. Would have been $9 with the $150 cards!

I opened topcashback and linked to eBay thru there instead of using Ebates but nothing has shown there yet tho a pop up did say my shopping trip was recorded. And I see where it says I went to eBay but cash spent is zero. Does that update after some hours or something? I thought I read that they do payback on eBay target gc purchases, is that right? And that Ebates does not at eBay?

I also saw one of my target gc purchases from target listed on there for $270, but it says status is pending. It's from 12/20/15. That seems like a long time to be pending. Am I just going to get nothing out of those two shopping trips?

And when will I have access to that $52 in eBay bucks? Do they send me a check or can I us it directly from my eBay acct to buy another target gc?

Last edited:
Guess they aren't smart enough to realize it take A LOT of gift cards to go to Disney!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Target would rather sell Disney gift cards to people who just want them for "gifts". One or two at a time - not thousands of dollars worth. It's probably not worth it to them. A small profit margin on each card sold. They are likely hoping people will buy a gift card or two in addition to their regular shopping - not pay for an entire deluxe Disney vacation with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if Target would rather sell Disney gift cards to people who just want them for "gifts". One or two at a time - not thousands of dollars worth. It's probably not worth it to them. A small profit margin on each card sold. They are likely hoping people will buy a gift card or two in addition to their regular shopping - not pay for an entire deluxe Disney vacation with them.
Well......... what I meant was, just because a person buys A LOT of Disney gift cards, it doesn't automatically mean they are a reseller.

Well......... what I meant was, just because a person buys A LOT of Disney gift cards, it doesn't automatically mean they are a reseller.
Oh I agree - but if I had to venture a guess, I would guess that as a business, Target would rather not sell a mountain of gift cards to one buyer - even if they are for personal use. So they just classify them as a reseller. Then they don't have to pay an employee to restock or ship or whatever for what is very little profit. Just a guess ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter