Disney Grannie's Protein Power journal

nancyj_pa

<font color=006633>Disney Grannie<br><font color=9
Well, it's been two weeks since I started the challenge. I lost 4 pounds the first week and only 1 the second week. But for me that's good!
About 12 years ago I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease (thyroid disorder). My treatment consisted of radioactive iodine therapy which caused my thyroid to stop functioning. I take medication, but still struggle with my weight. During that time I also stopped smoking and got achy knees (which makes it difficult to exercise).
Anyway, I decided to stop making excuses and try again. I'm walking short distances a couple of times a week and riding my bike outdoors weather permitting. I'm on a low carb diet (Protein Power). I was on it a few years ago and lost 15 pounds but it took 6 months because of my poor metabolism. I eventually gained it back plus some.
I need to lost about 75 pounds. The support on these boards and the stories I read are very encouraging. Hopefully, I'll do better this time.

Feel free to post replies, suggestions, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter