Disney Magic Kingdoms

My observations on this event... first off, this is one of my least favorite films and least favorite villains, so I couldn't get excited about the event itself. Now, I will never ever understand those panicky knuckleheads who jump because an offer is made on a character or especially this time, a costume, because things are going slowly. Hasn't anyone caught on yet that the interns have thing skewed to where the first few days of the costume (both with Baymax and now with Ariel) when no one is getting the needed items, they suddenly offer a promotion and people willing drop five bucks with five plus days remaining. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the interns are quite happy that you opted to contribute your $4.99 to something that you didn't have to. Especially when nothing came of getting the costume early on anyway. When I completed the costume and hit the check mark after the hour welcome period, the event countdown clock said 1 day and 23 hours. I had nearly two days to do pretty much nothing but collect event currency. So I was pretty happy with my 36 gems for my 72k+ EC. Oh, and I think we can stop sending help desk tickets because a "rare" or "legendary" isn't dropping fast. Are we really expecting any other response than, "Ummm, yeah. That's kinda how we designed the game to go. But you still have four days left. So rather than write in to us, how about you just go back and play the game?"

Anyway, here's where I am at the conclusion of the event, compared to the start and then last week:

Sebastian ready for 6
Scuttle 6
Ariel 4
Eric currently leveling to 6
Triton ready for 6
Flounder ready for 6
Ursula ready for 6

Michael 6 (1 item each away from 7) / at 9 (need 4 bears and 10 hats) / Ready for 10

Tia Dalma
6 / at 9 (need 29 lockets and 8 hats) / at 9 (5 lockets away from 10)
Davy Jones 6 (1 chest away from 7) / ready for 10 / DONE

Christopher Robin 6 / currently leveling to 9 / still 27 drums and 27 hats away

Hiro 9 / ready for 10 / still ready for 10, waiting to finish the Mermaid characters to 6
Wasabi 7 (the other BH6 character I've had to neglect) / ready for 10 / still ready for 10, waiting to finish the Mermaid characters to 6

Of course, now that I no longer have to collect microbots, here come the clams...

Last edited:
Still need more microbots (don't we all)

Microbot purgatory[/QUOTE]

I was FINALLY able to put my BH6 characters into mothballs this morning after collecting my 200th microbot. Baymax and Wasabi are both ready to go to 10, whenever I have the 48 hours available. Keep plugging away, folks. The end of the microbots is in sight.

Last edited:
So at the risk of tomatoes and boos, what do we think is up next? Another Tower Challenge or more Storyline content?
I would love to be able to level up current characters past 10. The programming is already there, seems like a quick and easy way to extend some of the characters that have been maxed out and sitting home for months on end.

Okay, so after determining how long the characters need to collect clams, I started wondering how many other tokens TLM needed to collect to help their friends level up. This is using the Wiki, so if there are errors or token changes after the event ended, it will need updating.

If you got the float and all the buildings...AND you have Lilo & Stitch characters ... The good news is that you may not have to take TLM characters off clam duty.

WITHOUT USING TLM CHARACTERS

The touchy spots are:

Sebastian Ear Hats are collected only by Woody
Ariel Purse collected only by Ariel's Grotto
Ariel Ear Hat collected only by Under the Sea

Other potential roadblocks (if you are missing Float, Under the Sea or L&S characters):

Eric's Ear Hat: Collected by Under the Sea, Jumba without these your option is Daisy
Sebastian's Conductor Book: Collected by Float without these your options are Mickey and Ariel's Grotto
Ursula's Shell Necklace: collected by the Float or Pleakley+Angel without these you are stuck (remember, this is without using TLM characters, don't freak out if you don't have these. You can still earn the Token using TLM)

All the other tokens, should likely build up as you use your other characters: Mickey, Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Sulley, Mike, Jessie, Buzz, Woody, Bullseye, Sarge, Will, and L&S characters or TLM buildings we had to build as part of the storyline.

Hopefully, this will help you collect your TLM tokens, efficiently. I plan on making sure people who can collect for Ariel are put on her tasks overnight, otherwise see how it goes with everyone working on clams and using the other characters for everything else.

Last edited:
Clam math.

So using my stats for my Windows game, which is farther behind. I need to collect 2440 clams to level everyone up to 10. At 7 characters, collecting 10 times a day + 5 times collecting from Ursula's Lair (2 hr collect time) it will take 32 days. And this is if they do nothing but collect times. At some point people will have to collect tokens, so we're going to be collecting clams for at least 6 weeks.

Not that we didn't know this from BH6, but I didn't look at the math then.

Just ridiculous. THIS is their method of making sure people aren't finished with the game and complaining. :sad2::sad::scared1:

I managed to get everything and finish with enough EC to get 40 gems. I agree that there was enough time. I finished with about two days to spare.

I have also welcomed Mowgli! It appears that I will be collecting for Tia Dalma for a long time.

Looking forward to building my magic back up since I’m under 100k again.

Got my 40 gem conversion and had enough left over to update all the TLM characters one more time before the event ended.
Now that the event is over, I've got quite the list of characters to work on leveling. Here's my progress from the first week of Sept:

John Darling - 7, 2 tokens from 8 9, ready
Michael Darling - 6 leveling to 9 now

Elizabeth Swann - 9 ready for 10
Jack Sparrow - 8, ready 9
Will - 8, ready
Captain Barbossa - 8 9, 3 tokens from ready
Tia Dalma - 5, 3 tokens from 6 9 ready for 10
Davy Jones -5 8, ready

Flower - 9, ready DONE!

Hiro - 9 ready
Baymax -7 8, ready
Yokai - 9 ready DONE!
Go Go - 9, ready DONE!
Honey Lemon - 9, ready
Fred - 9 DONE!
Wasabi - 7 9, ready

Christopher Robin - 6 9

Sebastian 6
Scuttle 6
Ariel 4
Eric 5
Triton 5
Flounder 6
Ursula 4

Glad I bought the LM float.

Was thinking of opening up the fourth spot for the parade but figured I better wait and see what the next event is like as I may need all the gems I can get for characters.

Mother Gothel?

Oh yeah. Forgot about her. But still given the # of villains we now have, you would think that more of them would have happiness requests. For that matter, I wish more of the regular characters would have happiness requests. It gets very old and tiresome with the same ones having requests.

I have been playing for exactly 180 days. We all know how important 180 days is in the world of Disney, but instead of ADRs, I took stock in my characters. Starting late has had some major disadvantages but also some advantages. I remember when I started, everyone was getting Bambi. Well, no need to wait for them, I already have the Bambi characters. It does mean that multiple lines in the "story" are overlapping - I have active quests for Zootopia, Pirates of the Caribbean and even Donald Duck. So, on the one hand, no waiting for the latest characters as I'm stacking them up quickly.

On the other hand, because I have 3-4 group quests at any given moment, and of course the "events" happening every 2 weeks since I started, I am backlogged on leveling up characters. I just checked - I have 55 active characters, 42 ready to level up. I'm trying to determine if I focus on leveling up the characters I can then "send home" or the ones that push the story along. Almost all are in the 8/9 level so levels will take a LONG time.

Oh yeah. Forgot about her. But still given the # of villains we now have, you would think that more of them would have happiness requests. For that matter, I wish more of the regular characters would have happiness requests. It gets very old and tiresome with the same ones having requests.
I have an issue with the whole happiness thing to begin with. If this is a pseudo parks-based game, you would think these idiot interns would take a page out of the actual parks meet-and-greets. We have one for Mike and Sully so who do the interns set up as a wish? Celia for some reason, who isn't even a walk-around character. Will Turner over Jack Sparrow? Pleakey over Stitch?

Then there's the choice of tasks that the interns selected for these wishes. Would a park guest truly stand around for two hours to watch Mickey play a trumpet? Or Mother Gothel live the vain life?? Or listen to Rapunzel sing a song for six friggin' hours? I've been to quite a lot of concerts in my day, and never once has a group or artist played for six damn hours. Yes, this is only a game, but when there is something in real life on which to base your game, c'mon. You can't better align these things with what actually exists? Lazy, lazy interns.

I have been playing for exactly 180 days. We all know how important 180 days is in the world of Disney, but instead of ADRs, I took stock in my characters. Starting late has had some major disadvantages but also some advantages. I remember when I started, everyone was getting Bambi. Well, no need to wait for them, I already have the Bambi characters. It does mean that multiple lines in the "story" are overlapping - I have active quests for Zootopia, Pirates of the Caribbean and even Donald Duck. So, on the one hand, no waiting for the latest characters as I'm stacking them up quickly.

On the other hand, because I have 3-4 group quests at any given moment, and of course the "events" happening every 2 weeks since I started, I am backlogged on leveling up characters. I just checked - I have 55 active characters, 42 ready to level up. I'm trying to determine if I focus on leveling up the characters I can then "send home" or the ones that push the story along. Almost all are in the 8/9 level so levels will take a LONG time.
Not sure what happened to the signature beneath your name and (missing) avatar, but it's not reading correctly to the rest of us. Just FYI... :)

Current standings... just for fun... because I don't have a real-life to-do list that I should be working on or anything... :coffee:
Today, I think I'll try getting a few of the 4's up to 5 (so I can be collecting) and then I'll throw in someone who is hard to collect for... (suggestions???) ... then I'll start trying to knock out some of the 9's out over the next however many days.

Michael Darling 3
Davy Jones 4
Jack-Jack 4
Christopher Robin 4
Ariel 4
Prince Eric 4
King Triton 4
Flounder 4
Thumper 5
Bambi 5
Go Go 5
Fred 5
Wasabi 5
Sebastian 5
Scuttle 5
Ursula 5
Toy Alien 6
John Darling 6
Elizabeth 6
Captain Barbossa 6
Flower 6
Hiro 6
Baymax 6
Jack Sparrow 7
Tia Dalma 7
Bagheera 7
Mowgli 7
Baloo 7
Oogie Boogie 7
Kanga 7
Roo 7
Stitch 7
Yokai 7
Fairy Godmother 8
Peter Pan 8
Wendy 8
Will Turner 8
Boo 8
Roz 8
Celia 8
Randall 8
Mother Gothel 8
Flynn 8
Flora 8
Fauna 8
Merryweather 8
Chief Bogo 8
Flash 8
King Louie 8
Frozone 8
Mulan 8
Rafiki 8
Timon 8
Pumbaa 8
Jasmine 8
Abu 8
Carpet 8
Iago 8
Genie 8
Alice 8
Mad Hatter 8
March Hare 8
White Rabbit 8
Caterpillar 8
Cheshire Cat 8
Sneezy 8
Dopey 8
Happy 8
Sleepy 8
Pooh Bear 8
Eeyore 8
Piglet 8
Angel 8
Jumba 8
Mr Bubbles 8
Honey Lemon 8
Captain Hook 9
Sully 9
Eve 9
Rapunzel 9
Maximus 9
Judy Hopps 9
Nick Wilde 9
Dash 9
Mr. Incredible 9
Hans 9
Kristoff 9
Mushu 9
Mrs. Potts 9
Chip Potts 9
Zazu 9
Nala 9
Scar 9
Aladdin 9
Jafar 9
Queen of Hearts 9
Bashful 9
Snow White 9
The Queen 9
Tigger 9
Rabbit 9
Nani 9
Lilo 9
Pleakley 9

Costumes....

I don't want to talk about Ariel's mermaid form that I could have gotten if I hadn't lost track of time and tried to load the game less than one minute before the event was ending and it took too long. My plan was that if I didn't get that last fabric I was going to buy it with gems. Sigh. Not talking about it though... ;-)

But I do want to ask about the pirate costumes.... Davy has been collecting for a while now and I have 24 of the pirate fabrics. I can either use them for Minnie's pirate costume, or I have enough elixir to get the rest needed for Jack's captain's coat.
Have either of them shown to be more useful than the other? or are they useful at all? lol

I have an issue with the whole happiness thing to begin with. If this is a pseudo parks-based game, you would think these idiot interns would take a page out of the actual parks meet-and-greets. We have one for Mike and Sully so who do the interns set up as a wish? Celia for some reason, who isn't even a walk-around character. Will Turner over Jack Sparrow? Pleakey over Stitch?

Then there's the choice of tasks that the interns selected for these wishes. Would a park guest truly stand around for two hours to watch Mickey play a trumpet? Or Mother Gothel live the vain life?? Or listen to Rapunzel sing a song for six friggin' hours? I've been to quite a lot of concerts in my day, and never once has a group or artist played for six damn hours. Yes, this is only a game, but when there is something in real life on which to base your game, c'mon. You can't better align these things with what actually exists? Lazy, lazy interns.

Wait are you asking the interns to do something that makes sense? Don’t be silly, that’s asking for way too much out of them! :rotfl:

Also never been a fan of the happiness process in the game. Especially during events when it seems like the majority of the happiness request characters are characters that collect items you need and out of the 100ish characters I’ve sent home, they only regularly ask for 3 or 4 of them.

Not sure if you were suggesting it, but I like the idea of getting rid of the current system and incorporating some type meet and greet system instead. Haven’t really though about it until now but maybe have one central building, or a few specified attraction buildings, and click select character(s) for a few hour window and get your happiness that way? Again haven’t thought much about it, but maybe have the ability to select multiple charcters to use, or have different daily “featured” characters that give you some type of bonus?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter