Disney Magic Kingdoms

There I was, doing so great on this event. Do you know how many Joy ear hats I have collected since she opened up? Zero ear hats. Zero.

There I was, doing so great on this event. Do you know how many Joy ear hats I have collected since she opened up? Zero ear hats. Zero.

Same. Zero hats...seven memories. Then again, we weren't home a lot all weekend. My experience is the tokens don't drop fast early and then start dropping like flies a few days in.

Also got Gopher last night and finished the season. Right on time...we're going to a wedding this weekend and I don't want to think about the game while we're gone.

Compared to the last event where I was struggling to get the tokens, Joy has been relatively easy for me. Have all of the memory ball tokens for her. Have 5 of the 9 Ears Hat. The Gopher can help with Inside Out tokens. But he needs to be at Level 4. He hasn't been difficult, but he hasn't been easy to get his tokens either. One thing that has helped is being able to purchase the Inside Out Attraction Enhancements from Merlin's Token Shop. Looks like my next opportunity to get some is right when the event ends.

Compared to the last event where I was struggling to get the tokens, Joy has been relatively easy for me. Have all of the memory ball tokens for her. Have 5 of the 9 Ears Hat. The Gopher can help with Inside Out tokens. But he needs to be at Level 4. He hasn't been difficult, but he hasn't been easy to get his tokens either. One thing that has helped is being able to purchase the Inside Out Attraction Enhancements from Merlin's Token Shop. Looks like my next opportunity to get some is right when the event ends.

So I can either get HQ or Whirlwind to 2 now. Whirlwind at 2 drops the Joyous Memory...HQ at 2 opens two more quests for hats. I think HQ at 2 makes more sense...right?

Agreed, my token collection has been moving right along. I should get Beaver today or tomorrow.

So I can either get HQ or Whirlwind to 2 now. Whirlwind at 2 drops the Joyous Memory...HQ at 2 opens two more quests for hats. I think HQ at 2 makes more sense...right?
From how everyone seems to be reporting awful hat collections, it does sound like the HQ would be your better move!

From how everyone seems to be reporting awful hat collections, it does sound like the HQ would be your better move!
💯 I somehow forgot to look at that and upgraded the stupid Whirlwind instead. Ah well…up to a whole three ear hats now, and you all are making me feel a bit better about that. Thinking maybe I’ll start kicking jt a but better once I get that gopher…which will be later this morning

Still zero Joy hats. I have 7 yellow balls. I have been playing VERY consistently, even over night since sleep has been mostly escaping me lately. Doesn't look like I will be upgrading HQ anytime soon. I bought all the tokens I could but I am still 10 away. FWIW, I did get Anger at the beginning of the event. Wish he helped with Joy. :(

Happened to see a post on Instagram teasing the next update. It was the shoe and see from Wall-E. So this probably explains why they removed things, just so they could bring it back for a Tower Challenge.

I have reached the point in my Windows game where I have all of Joy's happy memories and zero ear hats. *Sigh* IOS game I have some hats. In that one I am at 10/4.

Welcomed Joy this morning. I appreciate not being down to the last day for a change. I hope all goes well for everyone else.
Not well here. I was doing fabulously on this event and apparently the interns sought revenge with their drop rates. I have all of the yellow dots and no ear hats in iOS. In my casual game, I am not even collecing for Joy yet. We'll see if I get lucky in the next two days in iOS, but things really need to turn around. Did I miss some required quest that turns on the hat drops, lol?

Not well here. I was doing fabulously on this event and apparently the interns sought revenge with their drop rates. I have all of the yellow dots and no ear hats in iOS. In my casual game, I am not even collecing for Joy yet. We'll see if I get lucky in the next two days in iOS, but things really need to turn around. Did I miss some required quest that turns on the hat drops, lol?
Nope. This crop of summer interns are just hoping that people will drop cash towards the characters or attraction enchantments. Text books are expensive, you know.

Yesterday, early evening, I luckily got the last two Ear Hats Tokens I needed to welcome Joy. She had a 2-hour task to begin with. Then there are 2 joint tasks. Fear and Sadness have a 1-hour task at the Whirlwind. Disgust and Joy have a similar task. However, Joy needs to be at Level 2.

These ear hats are crazy. Finally got all the Joyous Memories after a lot of grinding. Still sitting at three hats.

Also, someone on Reddit confirmed GL is running a test for Joy: some users can buy her with money and others can buy her tokens with gems. I have to believe the token infrequency is part of that test. Make it even harder for things to drop and see what option users take.

I have plenty of gems for Joy, so I'm not in any danger of not getting her. But tokens should drop easier than this.

Also got Gopher over the long weekend, so I'm done with the season for a while. And, somehow, as of right now, I'm #1 on my golden trophy leaderboard. I don't expect that to stick when the mini event is over...

Also, someone on Reddit confirmed GL is running a test for Joy: some users can buy her with money and others can buy her tokens with gems. I have to believe the token infrequency is part of that test. Make it even harder for things to drop and see what option users take..
If this is true, then it is blatant tampering and game-fixing. I've already had to report these asses to the BBB once with remarkable success. I see a second report being filed after the event ends tomorrow. Enough already, Gameloft.

If this is true, then it is blatant tampering and game-fixing. I've already had to report these asses to the BBB once with remarkable success. I see a second report being filed after the event ends tomorrow. Enough already, Gameloft.
What happened with the first report, Supernova? The Joy ears hat thing is really ticking me off. I managed to get 3 finally, but I have every doubt that I will finish in time. I don't have the gems to buy her and they have gotten me into the "don't give those a-holes a dime" place.

This is the convo with GL Support from Reddit. I can't confirm any of it...but it doesn't sound wildly out of place.

Also...latest drops: out of the six tasks I had running which ended at the same time, got two hats out of it. I'm up to 6/9 right now. Oddly, I feel like this is still doable...GL.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter